• Established
Water; hands down.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wtf is going on here.. all posts are blank.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wtf is going on here.. all posts are blank.
The forums (server) went down yesterday for what I'm assuming was maintenance/updating software and it seems to have spliced some of the posts/threads/responses/PMs created around that time. Some of my posts disappeared altogether in one of my logs (I posted my LEG day and now its not in there...) so you are seeing a rehash of some stuff. It's messed up.

Anyway I think the term "intraworkout" is kind of a joke. Drink your water. A gatorade perhaps. When its workout time thats what I'm doing. WORKING OUT. Not concerned about what I'm ingesting. I leave my eating/drinking for before and after the gym. I do keep my postworkout stuff in my car with me ;)

J19891

J19891

Awards
The forums (server) went down yesterday for what I'm assuming was maintenance/updating software and it seems to have spliced some of the posts/threads/responses/PMs created around that time. Some of my posts disappeared altogether in one of my logs (I posted my LEG day and now its not in there...) so you are seeing a rehash of some stuff. It's messed up.

Anyway I think the term "intraworkout" is kind of a joke. Drink your water. A gatorade perhaps. When its workout time thats what I'm doing. WORKING OUT. Not concerned about what I'm ingesting. I leave my eating/drinking for before and after the gym. I do keep my postworkout stuff in my car with me ;)
This. Sometimes I feel like half the people that come up with these training/diet protocols are just looking for an outlet for their obsessive compulsive disorder.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Then why drink gatorade? ;)

And please dont say electrolyte replacement. There is no reason to replace electrolytes unless you are running marathons or doing a triathlon.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then why drink gatorade? ;)

And please dont say electrolyte replacement. There is no reason to replace electrolytes unless you are running marathons or doing a triathlon.
Water gets boring after awhile ;) Or just use those MIO flavor-er thingies. Water fountain works well for me.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Water gets boring after awhile ;) Or just use those MIO flavor-er thingies. Water fountain works well for me.

You'd pay less getting some of the intra workouts on the market than a gatorade. You'd get the flavors and other benefits. No reason not to take one then.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'd pay less getting some of the intra workouts on the market than a gatorade. You'd get the flavors and other benefits. No reason not to take one then.
Water fountain free > $

;)

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I usually drink water while training. Never had a reason to use anything else.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks bro.. all makes sense now!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP, my favorite intra workout is,

1/2 scoop No-synthesize
2g Leucine
50g Waxy Maize
6g Glyercol mono sterate
5g taurine

Love it, has me exploding every workout! i take hemavol pre-workout with this during, and my pumps every day are unreal.

Mike

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I haven't used an intra in a year. I've simply found no need to when water does the job for my 5/3/1 weight training sessions. If I had to pick, it would be Omega Strive.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use a bcaa supp with taurine. I dont have any post-wo supps or anything so use that. I like something flavored while training.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
personally I'm a big fan of bcaa's (ex. dymatize recoup, xtend, etc.) during training, and something like size on when I'm in a bulking phase. some people will argue and say bcaa's during a workout are useless unless you're in a cutting phase, but I'm a believer in utilizing them at any time, bulking, cutting or a recomp phase. I've noticed a difference when I use them and when I don't. so again, just my own opinion/experience.

water definitely is a necessity during training though, so definitely make sure you're getting adequate fluids in

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
As they say... Timing is everything...

I definitely feel a difference in my workouts when using some sort of EAA/BCAA product ... as oppose to water or flavored water.