Erase + NOW DOPA Mucuna?

  1. hsk
    hsk is offline
    Registered User
    hsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    77370

    Erase + NOW DOPA Mucuna?


    Looking to lean out for the summer and am planning to run Erase at 2 caps per day for 6 weeks. I cannot do more than 2 caps per day due to dry joints and joint pain. This will be my third time using Erase and love the product. I am also looking to use a Mucuna product to go with it. Since I have no experience with Mucuna I am planning on running NOW DOPA Mucuna to try and see how I respond to it first. The product is standardized for 15% L-DOPA and each cap is 400mg so that should yield 60mg of L-DOPA per cap. I wanted to know how much actives from L-DOPA I should be getting daily in order to fully benefit from the use of this product? Additionally what is the best doing protocol for Mucuna products? I also looked at Endosurge and will most likely try that next time with erase, but for now I would like to see how I respond to the NOW product. Also is there any harm in adding 40% icariin to this stack? Or would the use of both icariin and Erase at the same time lower cortisol too much?

  2. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,134
    Rep Power
    1131957

    You'll notice a difference between standard 15% L-dopa and the concentrations in Endo. It affects people differently, so that could be a good way to start, but you can't compare the two.
  3. Registered User
    SuppBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    23
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    158

    I tried this, it works well.
    •   
       

  4. hsk
    hsk is offline
    Registered User
    hsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    77370

    I know that Endorush and NOW DOPA Mucuna 15% are 2 different products and I will use Endorush somewhere down the road. But first I want to see what a standalone Mucuna product feels like first so that I can assess its general effectiveness and get an idea of what to expect as well as guage my reaction/tolerance to any possible side effects. Can anyone provide a dosing protocol for the NOW product?
  5. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,134
    Rep Power
    1131957

    Use as directed.
  6. hsk
    hsk is offline
    Registered User
    hsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    77370

    If used as directed that is only 120mg of active L-DOPA per day. Is that enough to see any sort of benefit?
  7. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,134
    Rep Power
    1131957

    I only say that because it is a powerful herb that affects everyone differently. I would start there and adjust as needed. When I was taking Macuna years before I found Endosurge, I took 3 caps at 300mg 15% L-dopa spaced throughout the day.
  8. hsk
    hsk is offline
    Registered User
    hsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    77370

    If basing in on the amount of actives in Endosurge, then 400mg-500mg of actives per day seems to be the range to hit. That would translate to 6-8 caps of NOW Dopa Mucuna daily. Maybe 2-3 caps spread out over 2-3times daily with the last serving before bed?
  9. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,081
    Rep Power
    3164581

    I would go with Endosurge and get the Nettle extract as well

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/b...ombo-pack.html
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  10. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    9,942
    Rep Power
    1141106

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    I would go with Endosurge and get the Nettle extract as well

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/b...ombo-pack.html
    Great stack here!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  11. Registered User
    ezjax's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    185
    Rep Power
    0

    1 carboxy by usp is by far the best dopa product.. i have used many
  12. hsk
    hsk is offline
    Registered User
    hsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    77370

    Currently on my 4th day of 3 caps of Erase daily along with 6 caps of NOW DOPA Mucuna pre-bed on an empty stomach. I have been taking the DOPA Mucuna together with my usual serving of ZMA, 100mg 5-HTP, and 750mg GABA right before bed. I have noticed since I started taking the Mucuna that I feel like I am getting a deeper more restful sleep. The morning after my first day on Mucuna I was a little groggy and out of it, but have not had any problem since. I feel more refreshed when I wake up now and seem to have more energy and motivation throughout the day. I also feel much more calm and seem to be in a better mood overall. I might slowly raise the dose to 7 caps and then 8 to see if there will be any additional benefit.

    As for the Erase, this is my third time running it and I know what to expect. It is helping me to dry out and harden up. I have noticed more vascularity and all my muscles are starting to feel tighter. The only difference this time is that I decided to give 3 caps daily another try and so far I have not felt any of the joint pain or stiffness I felt previously. The last 2 times I used Erase, I could only tolerate 2 caps per day and even then I was getting joint pain within the first 3 days. I will see how long I can stick with 3 caps daily this time, but I am hoping I will be able to tolerate it all the way through so that I can maximize the benefit I get from it.

    Now that I have a general idea of what to expect with DOPA Mucuna, I will definitely be trying Endosurge in the near future and will most likely run it with Erase.
  13. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,060
    Rep Power
    290730

    Quote Originally Posted by hsk View Post
    Currently on my 4th day of 3 caps of Erase daily along with 6 caps of NOW DOPA Mucuna pre-bed on an empty stomach. I have been taking the DOPA Mucuna together with my usual serving of ZMA, 100mg 5-HTP, and 750mg GABA right before bed. I have noticed since I started taking the Mucuna that I feel like I am getting a deeper more restful sleep. The morning after my first day on Mucuna I was a little groggy and out of it, but have not had any problem since. I feel more refreshed when I wake up now and seem to have more energy and motivation throughout the day. I also feel much more calm and seem to be in a better mood overall. I might slowly raise the dose to 7 caps and then 8 to see if there will be any additional benefit.

    As for the Erase, this is my third time running it and I know what to expect. It is helping me to dry out and harden up. I have noticed more vascularity and all my muscles are starting to feel tighter. The only difference this time is that I decided to give 3 caps daily another try and so far I have not felt any of the joint pain or stiffness I felt previously. The last 2 times I used Erase, I could only tolerate 2 caps per day and even then I was getting joint pain within the first 3 days. I will see how long I can stick with 3 caps daily this time, but I am hoping I will be able to tolerate it all the way through so that I can maximize the benefit I get from it.

    Now that I have a general idea of what to expect with DOPA Mucuna, I will definitely be trying Endosurge in the near future and will most likely run it with Erase.
    You wont be disappointed, Erase+Endosurge is an amazing stack.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  14. Jahcuree
    Guest
    Jahcuree's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy

    You wont be disappointed, Erase+Endosurge is an amazing stack.
    I know this is an old bump, but dopa is to be taken with meals?
  15. Registered User
    Austin118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    214

    I've taken Now Dopa Mucuna as a stand alone probably one of my fav t boosters! I had a massive crash once I was off it though that's because I have low T, you will get better sleep, lower cortisol and tons more energy when on it
    And I've taken a zillions t booster products and this was defo a diamond in the rough
  16. hsk
    hsk is offline
    Registered User
    hsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    77370

    Been using the Now DOPA Mucuna now for over two weeks and I must say I have been getting some incredible sleep. I didn't really begin to feel anything positive until I bumped the dosage up to 5 caps pre-bed. At 6 caps, I fell asleep quite easily and got some wierd dreams and would wake up feeling very refreshed. The I tried 8 caps and I found that 8 caps ended up being too much to take all at once, and the few days I did 8, I had some very intense and vivid dreams and I woke up after only 6 hrs of sleep despite normally needing 8hrs before using the Mucuna. I backed it down to 7 caps pre bed I and now still get deep sleep, vivid dreams, and only need 6-7 hours sleep without the intense ramp up right before drifitng away to sleep as well as not feeling foggy when I wake up. I think for this particular product 6-7 caps pre-bed is the sweetspot for me. Used in conjuction with Erase I have dropped 2-3 pounds and have leaned out considerably over the last two weeks or so. This is definitely a good combo and makes the Erase + Endosurge combo a must do in the future.
  17. Registered User
    kodyt21's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    516

    I know its an old thread but I wanted to get some advice from everybody on here bc you all have exp with this stack. I am starting daa/erase cycle for first time 8 weeks cycle-should I add l dopa in also? I dont know what it is actually for and trust me ive read up on it and ant find any difinitive answer on what the benefits of it are? All I can gather is it is helpful in bosting T levels and cutting from conversion to estrogen. Id appreciate a little clarity if someone has a little time. Thanks for the time boys!
  18. Registered User
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31239

    Quote Originally Posted by kodyt21
    I know its an old thread but I wanted to get some advice from everybody on here bc you all have exp with this stack. I am starting daa/erase cycle for first time 8 weeks cycle-should I add l dopa in also? I dont know what it is actually for and trust me ive read up on it and ant find any difinitive answer on what the benefits of it are? All I can gather is it is helpful in bosting T levels and cutting from conversion to estrogen. Id appreciate a little clarity if someone has a little time. Thanks for the time boys!
    Also good for prolactin control.
  19. hsk
    hsk is offline
    Registered User
    hsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    77370

    Good for deeper sleep as well. This was the most notable benefit for me.
  20. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,060
    Rep Power
    290730

    Quote Originally Posted by kodyt21 View Post
    I know its an old thread but I wanted to get some advice from everybody on here bc you all have exp with this stack. I am starting daa/erase cycle for first time 8 weeks cycle-should I add l dopa in also? I dont know what it is actually for and trust me ive read up on it and ant find any difinitive answer on what the benefits of it are? All I can gather is it is helpful in bosting T levels and cutting from conversion to estrogen. Id appreciate a little clarity if someone has a little time. Thanks for the time boys!
    DAA has been known to cause prolactin issues in people taking it, so theyll usually use something to increase dopamine alongside it as dopamine has an inverse relationship to prolactin.

    I'd probably just grab some NOW l-dopa caps and run a few prior to sleep.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  21. Registered User
    kodyt21's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    516

    Ok,Great thank you for reply's. Im on day 6 DAA, just started Erase as well. I have gyno in my history so I am running 3 caps /day spread out throughout the day and I will now be throwing in a few caps of NOW L dopa at night time. Again thanks a bunch guy! all repped!
  22. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,060
    Rep Power
    290730

    Quote Originally Posted by kodyt21 View Post
    Ok,Great thank you for reply's. Im on day 6 DAA, just started Erase as well. I have gyno in my history so I am running 3 caps /day spread out throughout the day and I will now be throwing in a few caps of NOW L dopa at night time. Again thanks a bunch guy! all repped!
    Sounds good bro! Good luck!
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  23. Registered User
    kodyt21's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    516

    After I get my post up I will be PMing you with questions hah
  24. Registered User
    kodyt21's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    516

    Hey Kev, How do I subscribe to the pes news feeds? I see the link but wont let me click on it.
  25. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,060
    Rep Power
    290730

    Quote Originally Posted by kodyt21 View Post
    Hey Kev, How do I subscribe to the pes news feeds? I see the link but wont let me click on it.

    PM your email and i can get you subscribed to our insider newsletter. You can like "Physique Enhancing Science" on facebook to stay in the loop
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  26. Registered User
    kodyt21's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    516

    Greatly appreciated!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. L-Dopa / Mucuna Pruriens question
    By uubiduu in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 01:01 AM
  2. Anyone tried Now Foods Dopa Mucuna?
    By fadi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 10:17 AM
  3. Is my Mucuna Pruriens (L-Dopa) standardized too low?
    By Super Saiyan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
  4. Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in