Melatonin and muscle growth.

allday54

Awards
Been seeing many supplements that Incorporate deeper sleep into muscle growth. I have been taking melatonin without knowing this previously? Is there a serious direct correlation with melatonin putting you into a deeper sleep therefore better muscle growth. I saw that GHB used to be a bodybuilding supp used to raise growth hormone levels while you sleep but it's illegal now.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No, there is not. Any potential benefit would be mitigated by melatonin's (and more importantly, it's metabolites') inhibitory effects on PGF2. The net result is likely nil.

allday54

Awards
No, there is not. Any potential benefit would be mitigated by melatonin's (and more importantly, it's metabolites') inhibitory effects on PGF2. The net result is likely nil.
Oh ic. What was the deal with GHB?? I was just a young pup when that was around.

SuppBro

Awards
Melatonin increases GH but decreases test and estrogen. It's both an AI along with being an LH inhibitor. It's potent enough to cause menstral issues in girlss during puberty and at high enough doses for adult women.

gwulbrecht72

Awards
That's always been my question; I've taken Powerfull (even though it's not melatonin, per se) and taken it only before bed (as a 'GH stimulator' or whatever it's referred to),and really liked the product in this situation. Then I read about taking it PWO...guess I question how I can have a great workout taking something that helps knock me out, any insight?

allday54

Awards
That's always been my question; I've taken Powerfull (even though it's not melatonin, per se) and taken it only before bed (as a 'GH stimulator' or whatever it's referred to),and really liked the product in this situation. Then I read about taking it PWO...guess I question how I can have a great workout taking something that helps knock me out, any insight?
I'm interested in GHB. What did it do besides raise gh levels during sleep? And why is it now considered and illicit drug?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep your dosage well under 1mg, for starters.