Scarey reason not to take r-ala.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are low carbing like I am please steer away from gda's. I just took a r-ala cap and felt the horrifying hypoglycemic symtoms. Let this be a lesson to summer cutters out there. Scared me a little.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I just take any ALA only when there are carbs involved....if its basically one meal a day that has a decent amount of carbs? I take it once per day. If I take in barely any carbs at all that day? or they are spread out evenly throughout the day and are minimal each feeding? I don't use it.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i think those symptoms of hypoglycemia are very reliant on the individual.

ive had many bouts of BG levels in the high 50s and low 60s with no issues at all. on the other hand, i know diabetic who cant function with a BG lower then 120. So its reliant on individual

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Simple. Take a smaller dose or use it before you have some carbs.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
u must already have some dangerously low natural glucose levels.. i would be a little more concerned with your body.. rather than r-ala because it should not be strong enough to drop you that low.

Mike

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Gods know if I experimented with GDAs and ALA/Na-Rala and I've never, ever, experienced
any hypo symptoms. My daily carb intake is 30gr and I've dosed GDAs and/or ALA also with zero
carbs. As EBF saif, this is very subjective and most likely not related to ALA

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
u must already have some dangerously low natural glucose levels.. i would be a little more concerned with your body.. rather than r-ala because it should not be strong enough to drop you that low.

Mike
Yeah I am feeling better without r-ala. I will see when I get my blood work done. Maybe using r-ala coupled with low glucose could have pushed me into hypoesque state. I know I have allways skirted by with the minimum blood glucose. Ill keep you guys updated.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Gods know if I experimented with GDAs and ALA/Na-Rala and I've never, ever, experienced
any hypo symptoms. My daily carb intake is 30gr and I've dosed GDAs and/or ALA also with zero
carbs. As EBF saif, this is very subjective and most likely not related to ALA
If your daily consumption of carbs is 30gr and has been for a while then you're in ketosis, albeit mildly. Your body and brain can use fat as a source of fuel, so a drop in blood sugar isn't going to have the same effect on you as it will on someone who cannot produce ketones immediately as a response to the fall in blood sugar.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
If your daily consumption of carbs is 30gr and has been for a while then you're in ketosis, albeit mildly. Your body and brain can use fat as a source of fuel, so a drop in blood sugar isn't going to have the same effect on you as it will on someone who cannot produce ketones immediately as a response to the fall in blood sugar.
Make sense, lol I've been in ketosis for probably 3 years :D

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Yep...he certainly is!! I wish I could maintain a low carb diet...but me loves carbs too much!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep...he certainly is!! I wish I could maintain a low carb diet...but me loves carbs too much!
I hear ya.I must have bread ,rice and oatmeal.Yum yum.But I'm low carbing atm...for me it's like 80-150 carbs a day.

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
never had any problems associated w/ any type of ALA. Hell its in my multi ive been taking for 3 years, lol

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
This thread will make people want to take R-ALA, rather than avoid it
I like to live dangerously, so I go around looking for threads that say "don't do this!" or "scared me to death....".....then I proceed to do what the OP did. Since I am already taking ALA, I'm gonna double dose. Only thing I would never do is the FL3X sex party man coc ktail, I may be dangerous....but I'm no dummy......

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
I like to live dangerously, so I go around looking for threads that say "don't do this!" or "scared me to death....".....then I proceed to do what the OP did. Since I am already taking ALA, I'm gonna double dose. Only thing I would never do is the FL3X sex party man coc ktail, I may be dangerous....but I'm no dummy......
Lol wtf I heard you love coc ktails ha jk

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
no...I don't drink and I'm totally not gay either...:D
Mark wants you deep inside him.

Blood work came back and I have the minimum blood glucose. We will see what happens on the follow up visit.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what was your glucose level

are you going to have a C-peptide test? find out how much insulin your body is secreting. you may have good insulinsensitivity but be hyperinsulinemic. This will be even more of an issue that presents itself when you lift as glucose disposal will be severe at that point

J19891

J19891

Awards
If you are low carbing like I am please steer away from gda's. I just took a r-ala cap and felt the horrifying hypoglycemic symtoms. Let this be a lesson to summer cutters out there. Scared me a little.
I'll have to keep this in mind, low blood sugar episodes are no fun.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
what was your glucose level

are you going to have a C-peptide test? find out how much insulin your body is secreting. you may have good insulinsensitivity but be hyperinsulinemic. This will be even more of an issue that presents itself when you lift as glucose disposal will be severe at that point
Thats what the doctor said he wants to test.He said if that is case I must eat more carbs on a perm basis or until its normal.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea its about management ways to do it.

even with carbs 1-2 hours pre workout do you get hypoglycemic during the workout>?

please keep us updated.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats what the doctor said he wants to test.He said if that is case I must eat more carbs on a perm basis or until its normal.

There are other angles your physician can take to manage the problem other than telling you to eat more, but just wait until you get tested.

Mike

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
What were the results of the c pep test
normal now.It was the low carb.I guess I'm just one of the people who don't handle low carbs.