Recommend me your favorite weight gainer?

NewYorkGiants

Awards
Hey guys. I'm running out of my Real Mass and I need to get a new weight gainer. I need one that is lactose free. I also NEED it to taste as good as possible, because I'm very picky when it comes to taste, and it's veryyyyy difficult for me to finish ten ounces of any protein shake. The only flavor that I can really handle is chocolate. I've tried about 5 different brands so far, the best tasting may have been Dymatize. But it still wasn't good ENOUGH. So please recommend me a product that will fit my description. Thanks in advance.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
if you must buy one then i liked cytogainer but making your own is much better

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have a lot of stipulations. I would think that making your own gainer would be the best thing for you. Plus it's cheaper, you control taste, you control macros.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
True Mass....

Or non clean foods.... Example would be a chicken Philly with sweet potato fries :)

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
I agree with the above posts stating to make your own.

Whole milk, oats, peanut butter, protein.... Calories add up quick.

I've never used whole milk. But noticed a lot of people suggesting it for the added calorie level. Although, lots of those extra calories are going to be fat calories.

NewYorkGiants

Awards
That's another thing.. I wanted to stop using milk, because all the hormones and everything is bad for you. I'd make my own, but that still involves buying a protein powder anyway... Correct me if I'm wrong? Seems more efficient to just buy one instead of making my own, no?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
im correcting you: no! its not cost effective to buy gainers.....cost - serving ratio is outrageous

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
That's another thing.. I wanted to stop using milk, because all the hormones and everything is bad for you. I'd make my own, but that still involves buying a protein powder anyway... Correct me if I'm wrong? Seems more efficient to just buy one instead of making my own, no?
I neglected to see that you wanted to stop using milk. Perhaps look into buying organic milk. If I'm thinking right, you can buy milk from non-hormone treated cows. But it is a bit more expensive.

Yes, your correct that you will still need to use protein. However, servings in a weight gainer tub and servings in a tub of protein are very different. You get much more servings of protein for less money, usually. As a matter of fact, you could probably do multiple scoops of protein powder in a homemade gainer each time you use it and still come out ahead on servings.

pmdied

Awards
I've had good success with ReBuilt Mass. Yes, its expensive and you can make your own weight gainer shake but with specific regards to a store brand, I prefer this.
I typically work out at 7am and really have no appetite so I consume 2 scoops of this as a pwo shake. Their chocolate flavor is excellent. Serving size is 3 scoops but I break it down into 2 servings. 2 in the morning and one at night.
I went through three tubs of this, along with (and this is important here) 4-5 clean meals.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
U will never succeed being picky. Just being honest. Just get some cheap whey, or even isolate and a coffee grinder. Then grind up a cup rolled oats and throw them in with your protein. Its a lot healthier and cheaper.

BigOil26

BigOil26

Awards
I personally would go with food rather than a gainer, when I bulk I do a shake when I wake up, shake before and after I workout and a shake before bed. Eat every 2 to 3 hours, meats, peanut butter, cheeses, eat decent food but just eat eat eat. Ill occasionally cheat to shock but I try to stay clean as eventually I'll have to start cutting. This is just my personal way and I'm not saying you have to do it by any means, just saying food might work out better. Hope it helps

BigOil26

BigOil26

Awards
Oh and as for shakes, Myofusion is a favorite and muscle milk is pretty good.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I personally would go with food rather than a gainer, when I bulk I do a shake when I wake up, shake before and after I workout and a shake before bed. Eat every 2 to 3 hours, meats, peanut butter, cheeses, eat decent food but just eat eat eat. Ill occasionally cheat to shock but I try to stay clean as eventually I'll have to start cutting. This is just my personal way and I'm not saying you have to do it by any means, just saying food might work out better. Hope it helps
sometimes its not easy stuffing an extra 1000 cals down your throat, but it sure is fun to drink it...you personally would rather use food but yet you use 4 shakes when you bulk?

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I was 17 my favorite was Mega Mass 2000..Lmao

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

BigOil26

BigOil26

Awards
I used the shakes to make it easier to get those extra calories, not too mention the extra protein to heal and grow. Just covering all the bases, it wasn't totally necessary as I was taking in a good amount of food.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Just get a cheep whey and mix it with whole milk and alot of peanut butter. With chocolate protein it will taste like a reeces

NewYorkGiants

Awards
Hmmm well I like all the responses. Maybe I will make my own then. But how would I go about the protein aspect? Just get any normal protein powder or what? And I like the idea above me, tasting like Recees.

pmdied

Awards
Any good Whey protein should suffice. Optimum Nutrition makes a very good one.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
homemade gainers are typically the best in terms of meeting your personal macros and in terms of cost. If you can, try and get more calories from whole foods, but if it's hard because of schedule, etc. then adding in a homemade gainer shake can help pack in extra calories. As for pre-made ones, if you really want one, look into something like real gains by universal, up your mass is clean carbs although not a fan of the protein blend, and pro complex gainer is decent. Scivation's mass gainer is a bit lower in terms of calories but has a nice profile

NewYorkGiants

Awards
homemade gainers are typically the best in terms of meeting your personal macros and in terms of cost. If you can, try and get more calories from whole foods, but if it's hard because of schedule, etc. then adding in a homemade gainer shake can help pack in extra calories. As for pre-made ones, if you really want one, look into something like real gains by universal, up your mass is clean carbs although not a fan of the protein blend, and pro complex gainer is decent. Scivation's mass gainer is a bit lower in terms of calories but has a nice profile
Yea I'm interested in just making my own now, but I don't know why protein to use as a base.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Yea I'm interested in just making my own now, but I don't know why protein to use as a base.
There are plenty of good ones to use as a base. Pretty much any one that is not soy protein will work great. My favorite tasting one right now is iforce protean.

NewYorkGiants

Awards
There are plenty of good ones to use as a base. Pretty much any one that is not soy protein will work great. My favorite tasting one right now is iforce protean.
Yea like you said, it HAS to taste great and be lactose free.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Multi-source protein powder
Ex. Combat Powder,Syntha-6, Pro Complex.

Add...
2 table spoons of peanut butter
Carbs-Glyco-Maize or Karbolyn.
Whole milk, buy the lactose free kind(what I use)
And oats

You can also add glutamine, bcaa, creatine to help the amino profile also.

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
HUGE MASS by Xero Limits, both flavors are fantastic

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
scw538

scw538

Awards
U will never succeed being picky. Just being honest. Just get some cheap whey, or even isolate and a coffee grinder. Then grind up a cup rolled oats and throw them in with your protein. Its a lot healthier and cheaper.
I second this.

NewYorkGiants

Awards
So at this point I'm just debating which Whey protein (lactose free) to go with... And I'll add carbs and peanut butter :)