Supplements your pet ingested by mistake

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I know I'm not alone in this :D
You fill your pill box and either you drop the whole thing or some pills just fall
and your pet - always in the kitchen and "in the way" - gets his paws/mouth on them
before you have the time to even bend over..

I have a cat, and here's the list of supps he ingested by mistake:

Fish Oil caps
Leucine powder (licked from the floor when I accidentally dropped 1Kg on it..)
Vit D3
Caffeine pill (he did spit it tho')
1 cap of Recompadrol
Multivitamin tab
1 of the pills in the Animal Flex pack
1 cap of Ebol
Whey protein (in form of my bars, he actually likes them, and he also licked powder several times)
CLA
Creatine powder
Quest bars (he actually loves them, I share)

*Disclaimer*: this thread doesn't want in any way to promote giving supplements to your animal(s),
seriously, let's not be *that* stupid.

natandrb

natandrb

Awards
When I first got my dog, I had left a 88 animal pak out. When I came home, half was gone. All of the dogs water had been drank and her belly was EXTREMELY distended. Had to take her in and force her to vomit up what we could. Only ~15 pills were vomited up, so I guess the rest were dissolved and absorbed.

My sister's basset once got her nose into my bag and ate an AMS 4AD. Luckily no androgenic sides ;)

My wife's cat almost ate a Black Cat (ironic huh?) but I shook her and she spit it out.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine or theobromine in animals = dead animal... Luckily my cats just like to bat them around on the floor to play and not actually eat them

Valhalla86

Valhalla86

Awards
My cat has eaten uncooked pasta and bits of carpet before, so it's not a stretch that she'd likely consume anything (supplements and otherwise) that would fall on the ground.

Thankfully, hasn't happened yet :p

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
My pup ate a bag of shrooms. Needless to say she tripped and I had to call my vet friend over to take care of her.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
lol some funny stories
but yeah I'm always worried he's gonna eat something that makes him sick,
he's always on the counter messing with sh#t