x factor advanced

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
how does this work and is it effective?

ginger man

Awards
I am new to this forum in particular, but I have taken two 'cycles' of XFA. It's main ingredient is Arachidonic Acid, which from what I understand is just an Omega-6 fatty acid. The 6s are the inflammatory, omega-3s are anti inflammatory.

The idea behind it is that it inflames your muscles more than normal during your workout, which damages them more, and leaves more room for building during recovery. As a convenient side, the pump that occurs on a regular workout is unreal -- I literally felt as though my muscles would just split the skin down the middle.

Many users report increased DOMS, and though I did feel that a little, I did not get it near as much. About 14 days in the pumps start increasing (difference is night and day), and probably around 18-25 days in (halfway mark, usually run 50 days), is the golden age of XFA. The strength hops up, and the body weight comes in a little quicker than normal.

The results are not miraculous, and they don't claim to be. Just solid, consistent, predictable results, which I feel is tough to come by when you talk about non-hormonals (take my credibility into account though, I am only 21, only been lifting 4 solid years).

Both times I did my 50 day runs I put on about 5 or 6 lbs, obviously not totally lean in only 50 days, but as an ectomorph, lbs are hard to come by.

Now, inflammatory fats don't selectively go to your muscles -- you must be careful with your joints as well. mobility stretching before lifitng is crucial. I sprained my ankle severely on my first cycle on day 36 and it swelled up like a damn balloon and hurt like hell (way more than past sprains)-- so you have to be pretty careful.

I dare say I can answer alot of questions you may have, but I am in no way at all affiliated with Molecular Nutrition, the company that produces it.

I also logged both runs on BB.com, shoot me a pm if you are interested to see them. Hope this helps!

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
it works by inflamming your muscles im currently running an XFA/Test facor cycle for 2 months. Im one month in and my friend keeps asking me what prohormone im on. I take 5 xfa all an hour before my workout with 3 scoops of glycergrow and 2 grams lclt and the pumps have been pretty ridiculous. i havent noticed crazy strength gains but ive seen nice body recomp result. Waist has leaned out muscles look fuller more defined.

Check out this article on having a pro-inflammatory vs anti-inflammatory diet you might be surprised

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yes, arachidonic acid is probably the best non-hormonal anabolic out there

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there anything really to support it as being anabolic outside of the one by Bill Roberts (Molecular Nutrition)?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Is there anything really to support it as being anabolic outside of the one by Bill Roberts (Molecular Nutrition)?
Evidence is limited (I'm assuming Bill Roberts = Baylor Study), but the dynamics of ArA in the body are well-known (much like fish oil) as is the mechanism by which it may exert a favorable effect (myonuclear accretion).

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. I was more than skeptical and never bought in. Ran it and changed my mind, wish it was cheaper but that's just the poor student in me lol
You get what you pay for in AA.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Evidence is limited (I'm assuming Bill Roberts = Baylor Study),
yup (PMID: 18045476) I just figured by claiming it as "the best", that perhaps there was more evidence in support of it that I was unaware of

but the dynamics of ArA in the body are well-known (much like fish oil) as is the mechanism by which it may exert a favorable effect (myonuclear accretion).
If I remember correctly, there was a fair amount of controversy around ArA a few years back.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
yup (PMID: 18045476) I just figured by claiming it as "the best", that perhaps there was more evidence in support of it that I was unaware of

If I remember correctly, there was a fair amount of controversy around ArA a few years back.
Well, the category of non-hormonal anabolics (or even "natural" hormonal anabolics) is not exactly loaded with well-studied ingredients if you know what i mean.

What was the controversy? Madchemist's dosing scheme seems to circumvent any issues with delivery that may arise.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't used ArA yet it's still on my to do list.