A good diet will do the job just well.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally use gear from n2bm with my meals and that works for me.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Ya if u wanna get fat!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
U can use what ever you want. How ever if you are serious just count your calories that you need and just fit this into your daily calorie limit.

Sarkis18

Sarkis18

Awards
Way better protein powders out there IMO: UP 2.0, Protean, Myofusion, Trutein etc. A protein powder should just supplement a good diet though.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Way better protein powders out there IMO: UP 2.0, Protean, Myofusion, Trutein etc. A protein powder should just supplement a good diet though.
Like ALL supplements

Valhalla86

Valhalla86

Awards
Okay, what about pre workout formulas, I lack energy a lot, and I just ordered supersize from nutraplanet.
Start with caffeine pills. Cheap and effective.

If you're after some blood flow enhancement and what not, White Flood or Hemavol are good in that area.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Muscle milk if good. I like it.

For a cut, they have a nice whey isolate.

But the are better more affordable options.

Cyto sport makes good products, if they didn't they wouldn't have been around do long.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Can't f-ck with the fake sugers in most protien shakes. Cytosport od'S on sweatners and sodium

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Okay, what about pre workout formulas, I lack energy a lot, and I just ordered supersize from nutraplanet.
Muscle Marinade is strong, so is Animal Rage or Hyper FX....

Bottom line for you man almost anything will work, there's no best or greater than the other, what I like you may not like and Airborne may love, so pick up something try it and see.... It's finding out what works for you and your body.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Muscle Milk alone won't do the trick. Your cals should come from food primarily. Start with a good diet and add supps along the way.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
All valid points

karmasmile

Awards
Right now all the supps I'm using are muscle milk(mornin) monster milk (night) 1MR Workouts, puruslabs d-pol (mornin) twin lab creatine fuel (mornin) and solgar rhodiola root extract(all throughout day)

goodfella311

Awards
Muscle milk if good. I like it.

For a cut, they have a nice whey isolate.

But the are better more affordable options.

Cyto sport makes good products, if they didn't they wouldn't have been around do long.
Same can be said about Marlboro cigarettes. But to the point, Supp companies like cytosport have an excellent marketing team. Like any seasoned bodybuilder, you have to try it for yourself.

goodfella311

Awards
Right now all the supps I'm using are muscle milk(mornin) monster milk (night) 1MR Workouts, puruslabs d-pol (mornin) twin lab creatine fuel (mornin) and solgar rhodiola root extract(all throughout day)
1mr- might as well snort a line of coke before you workout.
Muscle milk-won't give you the definition that strict dieters have
Creatine fuel- get yourself a buffered Creatine instead. Straight to the point an no water puffiness

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Great deal for 10 bucks! can't go wrong with that!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
just curious why mm isnt good for a cut? if one adjusts there cals according then it shouldnt be a problem

Valhalla86

Valhalla86

Awards
Muscle milk-won't give you the definition that strict dieters have
Creatine fuel- get yourself a buffered Creatine instead. Straight to the point an no water puffiness
That logic for muscle milk is flawed. So long as it's factored into your macros, the same effects will be rendered.

Buffered creatine's only effect is lightening your wallet. I would recommend folks overly sensitive to mono bloating (even at 3g/day) try something like MCC or a designer before wasting money on Kre Alk.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
That logic for muscle milk is flawed. So long as it's factored into your macros, the same effects will be rendered.

Buffered creatine's only effect is lightening your wallet. I would recommend folks overly sensitive to mono bloating (even at 3g/day) try something like MCC or a designer before wasting money on Kre Alk.
Agreed

J19891

J19891

Awards
Is muscle milk and monster milk good for starting out with wanting gains
It's not bad, a little pricey though. Not exactly the leanest of the protein blends, but if you're going for a bulk I guess that's not as much of an issue. I prefer GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) to weight gainers, as they aren't very cost effective. I'd look into that as opposed to dropping a bunch of cash on muscle milk AND monster milk.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
It's not bad, a little pricey though. Not exactly the leanest of the protein blends, but if you're going for a bulk I guess that's not as much of an issue. I prefer GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) to weight gainers, as they aren't very cost effective. I'd look into that as opposed to dropping a bunch of cash on muscle milk AND monster milk.
wouldnt a gallon of milk everyday cost more than muscle milk

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gallon is 4 bucks tops muscle milk is more than 4 bucks a day.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Milk is still $2-3 a day for a gallon in 1 month that either $60-90!
Weight gainer would be around the same price, serving dependent of course, but I'm sure something would match up.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same can be said about Marlboro cigarettes. But to the point, Supp companies like cytosport have an excellent marketing team. Like any seasoned bodybuilder, you have to try it for yourself.
what? are you actually comparing protien with cigarettes?

i think this is one of the most retarded statements i've seen in a while.

muscle tech has an excellent marketing team. those ads you seen in magazines for legal anabolics have a good marketing team.

cytosport isn't on the same level as proctor an gamble or w/o is the parent company, and def doesn't advertise like muscle tech or gaspari.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If I showed you this image and said that 2 scoops is a true serving, what are your immediate thoughts?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
who me? 2 scoops makes it look like a pretty beefy pre w/o

so one scoop isn't 12.5g's?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
who me? 2 scoops makes it look like a pretty beefy pre w/o

so one scoop isn't 12.5g's?
One scoop is 15.2g, but a true serving is 2 scoops.

That is Cytosport Monsterpump, a supposedly "bro" company. To me, it looks like the best all-around preworkout formula I've seen in a looong time.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established

That is Cytosport Monsterpump, a supposedly "bro" company. To me, it looks like the best all-around preworkout formula I've seen in a looong time.
that is one sexy product.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
huh, i've seen it, but never looked at the label.

the monster amino impressed me. the blue raz doesn't taste too good, but the profile is nice.

i'll have to pick some of that up and give it a go.

goodfella311

Awards

Creatine is not designed for a pump. It causes bloating because it is toxic. I honestly dot even take krealklyn. Creatine is great and all but it should just be an added benefit rather than a key ingredient.

As far as muscle milk is concerned, why even waste time/money trying to compensate for extra fat calories and carbs? MM milk is the McDonald's of proteins. It's the result of good marketing and the suckers that buy into it. Get yourself a lean, rapid and extended release protein....pm me if you want a good one

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Creatine is not designed for a pump. It causes bloating because it is toxic. I honestly dot even take krealklyn. Creatine is great and all but it should just be an added benefit rather than a key ingredient.

As far as muscle milk is concerned, why even waste time/money trying to compensate for extra fat calories and carbs? MM milk is the McDonald's of proteins. It's the result of good marketing and the suckers that buy into it. Get yourself a lean, rapid and extended release protein....pm me if you want a good one
This dude is clearly drunk

goodfella311

Awards
what? are you actually comparing protien with cigarettes?

i think this is one of the most retarded statements i've seen in a while.

muscle tech has an excellent marketing team. those ads you seen in magazines for legal anabolics have a good marketing team.

cytosport isn't on the same level as proctor an gamble or w/o is the parent company, and def doesn't advertise like muscle tech or gaspari.
I was comparing the logic of the statement. It's a complete fallacy of debate. You missed that completely. And it makes complete intellectual sense. Because a company has been around a long time must mean they are good? Lol. I hope I cleared that for you, because NO, I dont think cigs and protein are anywhere near the same As each other. Come on man, reread stuff if you don't understand don't respond

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Reminds me of Muscle Marinade , IMO I think both just lack a bit more Beta-Alanine and to add Agmatine and you get a good old product there.

goodfella311

Awards
This dude is clearly drunk
I understand that I'm bursting a lot of dream bubbles for guys that swear by their muscle milk. It's hard to convince people that there are better options out there. Protein as a supplement should be just that: protein. No flavor enhancers or extra crap. I will never consume muscle milk. I still have yet to meet a lifter with size and definition near the level of mine that consumes MM. So stomp ur feet all the way to *** and get your MM and keep praying for your gains

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I understand that I'm bursting a lot of dream bubbles for guys that swear by their muscle milk. It's hard to convince people that there are better options out there. Protein as a supplement should be just that: protein. No flavor enhancers or extra crap. I will never consume muscle milk. I still have yet to meet a lifter with size and definition near the level of mine that consumes MM. So stomp ur feet all the way to *** and get your MM and keep praying for your gains
I think you should tone it down a notch , Airborne is way more of a lifter than someone who says creatine is toxic...furthermore, not a nice way to come into the forums dog...Be a bit more humble, no one said it is the best , we know its just a supplement and a way to add protein to the diet, not a miracle "drink" , what has been discussed here is that. That its only a supplement and it works for neither specifically giving gains or a cut, you have to take on account the macro ratio in it for your diet , thats all...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Muscle milk tastes awesome :D

If your a hardgainer, I don't see any harm in using it. But like other people said, don't forget diet, it's #1 for protein source

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I don't even like muscle milk lol you just have no room to speak. Nobody understands u

sae2110

sae2110

Awards
To each his own, I used to take between two and four scoops of protein per day, from Optimum Nutrition which tasted good too. However I did some math and figured out I can get bulk chicken breasts from Sam's Club at a much cheaper-per-gram price than (good) whey protein. Me, i like to cook, so the only time I use whey anymore i in the blender with fruit pb and yogurt. And I am a "hargainer" which is to say I never used to eat enough lol. Now, I look to the diet for all my protein needs

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
To each his own, I used to take between two and four scoops of protein per day, from Optimum Nutrition which tasted good too. However I did some math and figured out I can get bulk chicken breasts from Sam's Club at a much cheaper-per-gram price than (good) whey protein. Me, i like to cook, so the only time I use whey anymore i in the blender with fruit pb and yogurt. And I am a "hargainer" which is to say I never used to eat enough lol. Now, I look to the diet for all my protein needs
Solid point! I only use whey/casein to cook now a days :/ I dont stress over having shakes much...but good old whey in pancakes , brownies and stuff like that to make it more nutritious is awesome!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Gallon is 4 bucks tops muscle milk is more than 4 bucks a day.
im having a hard time understanding this........use a monthly scale, muscle milk for a month supply is roughly 60 bucks which equals $2 a day, milk is upwards 3-4 bucks a gallon so a gallon a day would be $3-4.....am i missing something?

sae2110

sae2110

Awards
im having a hard time understanding this........use a monthly scale, muscle milk for a month supply is roughly 60 bucks which equals $2 a day, milk is upwards 3-4 bucks a gallon so a gallon a day would be $3-4.....am i missing something?
This.

Also why I go with chicken, and that I like the organic free range froo-froo milk- i know i know but I like most of my food free of all the bad ****. Its hard though, good thing my wife and I are both in healthcare, the food budget is insane

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
at 2 dollars of milk a day thats 64 grams of protein and at 2 dollars of muscle milk a day thats 32 grams of protein.

goodfella311

Awards
I don't even like muscle milk lol you just have no room to speak. Nobody understands u
I know, right? Nobody here understands me. Nonetheless,
Just because I'm new to this forum does not constitute a dismissal of my opinion.

I don't always drink protein shakes, but when I do, it definitely isn't muscle milk.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
at 2 dollars of milk a day thats 64 grams of protein and at 2 dollars of muscle milk a day thats 32 grams of protein.
where do you get milk for $2? id like to know please

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
where do you get milk for $2? id like to know please
2.35/gallon for whole milk at Sams Club. I just bought 3 gallons about an hour ago.