Muscle milk

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    karmasmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    28
    Answers
    0

    Muscle milk


    Is muscle milk and monster milk good for starting out with wanting gains

  2. Registered User
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,834
    Answers
    0


    A good diet will do the job just well.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  3. Registered User
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,834
    Answers
    0


    I personally use gear from **** with my meals and that works for me.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,526
    Answers
    0


    Ya if u wanna get fat!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  5. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,572
    Answers
    0


    U can use what ever you want. How ever if you are serious just count your calories that you need and just fit this into your daily calorie limit.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  6. Registered User
    Sarkis18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    73
    Answers
    0


    Way better protein powders out there IMO: UP 2.0, Protean, Myofusion, Trutein etc. A protein powder should just supplement a good diet though.
  7. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,526
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkis18
    Way better protein powders out there IMO: UP 2.0, Protean, Myofusion, Trutein etc. A protein powder should just supplement a good diet though.
    Like ALL supplements
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  8. Registered User
    karmasmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    28
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42

    Like ALL supplements
    Okay, what about pre workout formulas, I lack energy a lot, and I just ordered supersize from nutraplanet.
  9. Registered User
    Valhalla86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    38
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by karmasmile View Post
    Okay, what about pre workout formulas, I lack energy a lot, and I just ordered supersize from nutraplanet.
    Start with caffeine pills. Cheap and effective.

    If you're after some blood flow enhancement and what not, White Flood or Hemavol are good in that area.
  10. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,603
    Answers
    0


    Muscle milk if good. I like it.

    For a cut, they have a nice whey isolate.

    But the are better more affordable options.

    Cyto sport makes good products, if they didn't they wouldn't have been around do long.
  11. Registered User
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,231
    Answers
    0


    Can't f-ck with the fake sugers in most protien shakes. Cytosport od'S on sweatners and sodium
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  12. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,572
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by karmasmile

    Okay, what about pre workout formulas, I lack energy a lot, and I just ordered supersize from nutraplanet.
    Muscle Marinade is strong, so is Animal Rage or Hyper FX....


    Bottom line for you man almost anything will work, there's no best or greater than the other, what I like you may not like and Airborne may love, so pick up something try it and see.... It's finding out what works for you and your body.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  13. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Answers
    0


    Muscle Milk alone won't do the trick. Your cals should come from food primarily. Start with a good diet and add supps along the way.
  14. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,526
    Answers
    0


    All valid points
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  15. Registered User
    karmasmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    28
    Answers
    0


    Right now all the supps I'm using are muscle milk(mornin) monster milk (night) 1MR Workouts, puruslabs d-pol (mornin) twin lab creatine fuel (mornin) and solgar rhodiola root extract(all throughout day)
  16. Registered User
    goodfella311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b
    Muscle milk if good. I like it.

    For a cut, they have a nice whey isolate.

    But the are better more affordable options.

    Cyto sport makes good products, if they didn't they wouldn't have been around do long.
    Same can be said about Marlboro cigarettes. But to the point, Supp companies like cytosport have an excellent marketing team. Like any seasoned bodybuilder, you have to try it for yourself.
  17. Registered User
    goodfella311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by karmasmile
    Right now all the supps I'm using are muscle milk(mornin) monster milk (night) 1MR Workouts, puruslabs d-pol (mornin) twin lab creatine fuel (mornin) and solgar rhodiola root extract(all throughout day)
    1mr- might as well snort a line of coke before you workout.
    Muscle milk-won't give you the definition that strict dieters have
    Creatine fuel- get yourself a buffered Creatine instead. Straight to the point an no water puffiness
  18. Registered User
    roblasane's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,933
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by karmasmile View Post
    Okay, what about pre workout formulas, I lack energy a lot, and I just ordered supersize from nutraplanet.
    Great deal for 10 bucks! can't go wrong with that!
  19. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,384
    Answers
    0


    just curious why mm isnt good for a cut? if one adjusts there cals according then it shouldnt be a problem
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  20. Registered User
    Valhalla86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    38
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by goodfella311 View Post
    Muscle milk-won't give you the definition that strict dieters have
    Creatine fuel- get yourself a buffered Creatine instead. Straight to the point an no water puffiness
    That logic for muscle milk is flawed. So long as it's factored into your macros, the same effects will be rendered.

    Buffered creatine's only effect is lightening your wallet. I would recommend folks overly sensitive to mono bloating (even at 3g/day) try something like MCC or a designer before wasting money on Kre Alk.
  21. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8


    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla86 View Post
    That logic for muscle milk is flawed. So long as it's factored into your macros, the same effects will be rendered.

    Buffered creatine's only effect is lightening your wallet. I would recommend folks overly sensitive to mono bloating (even at 3g/day) try something like MCC or a designer before wasting money on Kre Alk.
    Agreed
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  22. Registered User
    J19891's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    408
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by karmasmile View Post
    Is muscle milk and monster milk good for starting out with wanting gains
    It's not bad, a little pricey though. Not exactly the leanest of the protein blends, but if you're going for a bulk I guess that's not as much of an issue. I prefer GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) to weight gainers, as they aren't very cost effective. I'd look into that as opposed to dropping a bunch of cash on muscle milk AND monster milk.
  23. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,384
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by J19891 View Post
    It's not bad, a little pricey though. Not exactly the leanest of the protein blends, but if you're going for a bulk I guess that's not as much of an issue. I prefer GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) to weight gainers, as they aren't very cost effective. I'd look into that as opposed to dropping a bunch of cash on muscle milk AND monster milk.
    wouldnt a gallon of milk everyday cost more than muscle milk
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  24. Registered User
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,834
    Answers
    0


    Gallon is 4 bucks tops muscle milk is more than 4 bucks a day.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  25. Registered User
    karmasmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    28
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by roblasane

    Great deal for 10 bucks! can't go wrong with that!
    Thats what I thought : )
  26. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,572
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by J19891

    It's not bad, a little pricey though. Not exactly the leanest of the protein blends, but if you're going for a bulk I guess that's not as much of an issue. I prefer GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) to weight gainers, as they aren't very cost effective. I'd look into that as opposed to dropping a bunch of cash on muscle milk AND monster milk.
    Milk is still $2-3 a day for a gallon in 1 month that either $60-90!
    Weight gainer would be around the same price, serving dependent of course, but I'm sure something would match up.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  27. TEAM ALLMAX Guy
    Board Sponsor
    rome32's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    843
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    U can use what ever you want. How ever if you are serious just count your calories that you need and just fit this into your daily calorie limit.
    This.
  28. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,603
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by goodfella311 View Post
    Same can be said about Marlboro cigarettes. But to the point, Supp companies like cytosport have an excellent marketing team. Like any seasoned bodybuilder, you have to try it for yourself.
    what? are you actually comparing protien with cigarettes?

    i think this is one of the most retarded statements i've seen in a while.

    muscle tech has an excellent marketing team. those ads you seen in magazines for legal anabolics have a good marketing team.

    cytosport isn't on the same level as proctor an gamble or w/o is the parent company, and def doesn't advertise like muscle tech or gaspari.
  29. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8


    If I showed you this image and said that 2 scoops is a true serving, what are your immediate thoughts?

    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  30. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,603
    Answers
    0


    who me? 2 scoops makes it look like a pretty beefy pre w/o

    so one scoop isn't 12.5g's?
  31. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8


    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    who me? 2 scoops makes it look like a pretty beefy pre w/o

    so one scoop isn't 12.5g's?
    One scoop is 15.2g, but a true serving is 2 scoops.

    That is Cytosport Monsterpump, a supposedly "bro" company. To me, it looks like the best all-around preworkout formula I've seen in a looong time.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  32. Registered User
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,272
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    One scoop is 15.2g, but a true serving is 2 scoops.

    That is Cytosport Monsterpump, a supposedly "bro" company. To me, it looks like the best all-around preworkout formula I've seen in a looong time.
    that is one sexy product.
  33. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,603
    Answers
    0


    huh, i've seen it, but never looked at the label.

    the monster amino impressed me. the blue raz doesn't taste too good, but the profile is nice.

    i'll have to pick some of that up and give it a go.
  34. Registered User
    goodfella311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla86

    That logic for muscle milk is flawed. So long as it's factored into your macros, the same effects will be rendered.

    Buffered creatine's only effect is lightening your wallet. I would recommend folks overly sensitive to mono bloating (even at 3g/day) try something like MCC or a designer before wasting money on Kre Alk.
    Creatine is not designed for a pump. It causes bloating because it is toxic. I honestly dot even take krealklyn. Creatine is great and all but it should just be an added benefit rather than a key ingredient.

    As far as muscle milk is concerned, why even waste time/money trying to compensate for extra fat calories and carbs? MM milk is the McDonald's of proteins. It's the result of good marketing and the suckers that buy into it. Get yourself a lean, rapid and extended release protein....pm me if you want a good one
  35. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,526
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by goodfella311

    Creatine is not designed for a pump. It causes bloating because it is toxic. I honestly dot even take krealklyn. Creatine is great and all but it should just be an added benefit rather than a key ingredient.

    As far as muscle milk is concerned, why even waste time/money trying to compensate for extra fat calories and carbs? MM milk is the McDonald's of proteins. It's the result of good marketing and the suckers that buy into it. Get yourself a lean, rapid and extended release protein....pm me if you want a good one
    This dude is clearly drunk
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  36. Registered User
    goodfella311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b

    what? are you actually comparing protien with cigarettes?

    i think this is one of the most retarded statements i've seen in a while.

    muscle tech has an excellent marketing team. those ads you seen in magazines for legal anabolics have a good marketing team.

    cytosport isn't on the same level as proctor an gamble or w/o is the parent company, and def doesn't advertise like muscle tech or gaspari.
    I was comparing the logic of the statement. It's a complete fallacy of debate. You missed that completely. And it makes complete intellectual sense. Because a company has been around a long time must mean they are good? Lol. I hope I cleared that for you, because NO, I dont think cigs and protein are anywhere near the same As each other. Come on man, reread stuff if you don't understand don't respond
  37. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    One scoop is 15.2g, but a true serving is 2 scoops.

    That is Cytosport Monsterpump, a supposedly "bro" company. To me, it looks like the best all-around preworkout formula I've seen in a looong time.
    Reminds me of Muscle Marinade , IMO I think both just lack a bit more Beta-Alanine and to add Agmatine and you get a good old product there.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  38. Registered User
    goodfella311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42

    This dude is clearly drunk
    I understand that I'm bursting a lot of dream bubbles for guys that swear by their muscle milk. It's hard to convince people that there are better options out there. Protein as a supplement should be just that: protein. No flavor enhancers or extra crap. I will never consume muscle milk. I still have yet to meet a lifter with size and definition near the level of mine that consumes MM. So stomp ur feet all the way to *** and get your MM and keep praying for your gains
  39. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by goodfella311 View Post
    I understand that I'm bursting a lot of dream bubbles for guys that swear by their muscle milk. It's hard to convince people that there are better options out there. Protein as a supplement should be just that: protein. No flavor enhancers or extra crap. I will never consume muscle milk. I still have yet to meet a lifter with size and definition near the level of mine that consumes MM. So stomp ur feet all the way to *** and get your MM and keep praying for your gains
    I think you should tone it down a notch , Airborne is way more of a lifter than someone who says creatine is toxic...furthermore, not a nice way to come into the forums dog...Be a bit more humble, no one said it is the best , we know its just a supplement and a way to add protein to the diet, not a miracle "drink" , what has been discussed here is that. That its only a supplement and it works for neither specifically giving gains or a cut, you have to take on account the macro ratio in it for your diet , thats all...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  40. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Answers
    0


    Muscle milk tastes awesome

    If your a hardgainer, I don't see any harm in using it. But like other people said, don't forget diet, it's #1 for protein source
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Milk substitute cheaper than muscle milk?
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 10:10 AM
  2. For Sale: Muscle Milk and Carb Slam (Muscle Builders)
    By bodybuilder19 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
  3. Muscle milk vs. Muscle Milk collegiate
    By Matt Skiba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 08:29 PM
  4. Anabolic Milk Vs. Muscle Milk
    By phatbody in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 05:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in