Recovery food/supplements for post work out?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It would really help if people actually read the studies and not just the titles/abstracts of them.
    Say what?!?!?!

You mean the abstract isnt all I need to know? I mean the conclusion is already there so why do I need to see the methods used?

(sarcasm in case someone wasnt sure )
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Dextrose then whatever is in the fridge ive always been a fan of simple carbs.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    No, but I fail to see where Cooper (or any of us) are arguing for going 6 hours without a meal post-workout. Note the difference between me saying "you don't need all this protein/carbs immediately after working out" to me saying you don't need to eat for 6 hours after working out. I'll snap a protein shake down when I get home and I'll have a nice meal later on after that. But I'm not getting a speeding ticket going home lest I miss the "anabolic window" and wither away.
    Ok, so I'm with you too.
    But till, the sooner you eat, the better.

4. Quote Originally Posted by lamonster14
    Dextrose then whatever is in the fridge ive always been a fan of simple carbs.
    And how does ur body comp hold up?
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

5. Quite well. Ive always been lean though and my metabolisim flies so this may not apply to everyone. I like the dextrose as my simple carbs for the insulin spike and it helps my appetite post. I dont use rtd's or protein powders i try and get it all from food,and an occasional metrx big 100 super cookie crunch theyre the beeees kneeeeees
    •   

6. And when i refrence "it" i mean protein.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Power Breath Work for Recovery and Energy
    By Dr. Lats in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 11:54 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 08:58 PM
  3. Supplements for post surgery and recovery
    By prld2gr8ns in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 04:09 AM