post-workout supp

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

post-workout supp

Hey guys, need some opinions/ recommendations on which post workout/ recovery supp to get. Post which brand you guys are using and the result/ effectiveness of the product. Currently and have been taking xtend for years now and wanna switch things up a bit and haven't been on board on the new supps that are out for post-workout/ recovery category. Doing some search on which one to get and here's some of the stuff i've gathered.

- AI recoverpro
    - omega sports strive
    - MP re-con
    - bulk modern bcaa

Help me out guys, thanks in advance for all the inputs, etc...

-r6

2. Registered User
    Answers

The postworkout category is GROSSLY overrated and I can think of only one worthwhile product versus a simple whey shake or meal (and that product is genomyx protocol, which can legitimately enhance recovery beyond what whole food can do).
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The postworkout category is GROSSLY overrated and I can think of only one worthwhile product versus a simple whey shake or meal (and that product is genomyx protocol, which can legitimately enhance recovery beyond what whole food can do).
    Thanks mr.cooper for the genomyx recommendation, i'll look into it. The whey shake aspect is already covered in my section and understand that whole food would still be the best source, but im looking for additional material supplement wise to add to the whole food, whey shake of my post-workout stuff.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Gonna sound like a broken record but Genomyx Protocol is a very good product. Been a fan of it for awhile. I mix it with my Intrafuse becomes cherry fruit punch deliciousness.
    PES Representative
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Gonna sound like a broken record but Genomyx Protocol is a very good product. Been a fan of it for awhile. I mix it with my Intrafuse becomes cherry fruit punch deliciousness.
    Thanks also for the input prepnwa. Been looking at reviews of protocol and so far most if not all of the reviews i've read were positive. Leaning towards this for now as i gather more inputs, but so far protocol it is.
    Does anyone know if nutra does pricematch with other online retailers?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Protocol looks like damn. I use no synthesize only because I got em for 10 bucks a peice.. I enjoy it alot.

Mike
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Protocol looks damn good. I use no synthesize only because I got em for 10 bucks a peice.. I enjoy it alot.

Mike
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Wtf no clue how my post got doubled.. incorrectly!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Protocol looks damn good. I use no synthesize only because I got em for 10 bucks a peice.. I enjoy it alot.

Mike
    Yea man, leaning towards it right now. Also saw a promotion where protocol+slin sane @ a great price. Might probably get that.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r6lift

Yea man, leaning towards it right now. Also saw a promotion where protocol+slin sane @ a great price. Might probably get that.
    Can't go wrong with it.. I might pick up a bottle soon before I force comes out with our new post workout since I will use that..
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Answers

I enjoy Recon. I would take Protocol but I get whats in it from other things I take throughout the day/after my workout.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Answers

honestly you could just go with a simple whey shake and some dextrose if your carb intake allows for it, then have a whole food meal about an hour later. I've tried post-workout products like synthesize, strive, etc. and found that my best results usually came from just keeping things basic. dextrose for the insulin spike to shuttle nutrients, and then protein/amino acids to stimulate protein synthesis, and then a whole food meal for micronutrients and overall replenishment
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  163 lbs.
    Answers

i liked recon...it's not worth the price, but if you're set on getting a postworkout supp, it's a good choice.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The Bawse View Post
    i liked recon...it's not worth the price, but if you're set on getting a postworkout supp, it's a good choice.
    Minus the 500mg vitamin C per serving :shakeshead:
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Can't go wrong with it.. I might pick up a bottle soon before I force comes out with our new post workout since I will use that..

I've tired many postworkouts in today's market, the only one I think that MIGHT have made a difference is AfterMath (less DOMS)...but other than that, my usual Protean + 2 bananas will do...
    IForce Nutrition online forum/message board rep
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    honestly you could just go with a simple whey shake and some dextrose if your carb intake allows for it, then have a whole food meal about an hour later. I've tried post-workout products like synthesize, strive, etc. and found that my best results usually came from just keeping things basic. dextrose for the insulin spike to shuttle nutrients, and then protein/amino acids to stimulate protein synthesis, and then a whole food meal for micronutrients and overall replenishment
    Very, very true. I do,

1 scoop No-synthesize with 25g Waxy Maize immediate post workout, with 2 scoops of protean and 1 cup oatmeal, 1tbsp canola oil 30 mins later.

Love it.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Loudy Rowdy View Post

LMAO!!!!!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    This. Best post workout recovery product=food (with good macros).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Most Effective Post Workout Supp.
    By jdboucher in forum Supplements
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 09:26 PM
  2. Best post workout supp?
    By GetDatFool in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
  3. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 01:08 AM