post-workout supp

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, need some opinions/ recommendations on which post workout/ recovery supp to get. Post which brand you guys are using and the result/ effectiveness of the product. Currently and have been taking xtend for years now and wanna switch things up a bit and haven't been on board on the new supps that are out for post-workout/ recovery category. Doing some search on which one to get and here's some of the stuff i've gathered.

- AI recoverpro
- omega sports strive
- MP re-con
- bulk modern bcaa

Help me out guys, thanks in advance for all the inputs, etc...

-r6

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The postworkout category is GROSSLY overrated and I can think of only one worthwhile product versus a simple whey shake or meal (and that product is genomyx protocol, which can legitimately enhance recovery beyond what whole food can do).

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
The postworkout category is GROSSLY overrated and I can think of only one worthwhile product versus a simple whey shake or meal (and that product is genomyx protocol, which can legitimately enhance recovery beyond what whole food can do).
Thanks mr.cooper for the genomyx recommendation, i'll look into it. The whey shake aspect is already covered in my section and understand that whole food would still be the best source, but im looking for additional material supplement wise to add to the whole food, whey shake of my post-workout stuff.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gonna sound like a broken record but Genomyx Protocol is a very good product. Been a fan of it for awhile. I mix it with my Intrafuse becomes cherry fruit punch deliciousness.

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
Gonna sound like a broken record but Genomyx Protocol is a very good product. Been a fan of it for awhile. I mix it with my Intrafuse becomes cherry fruit punch deliciousness.
Thanks also for the input prepnwa. Been looking at reviews of protocol and so far most if not all of the reviews i've read were positive. Leaning towards this for now as i gather more inputs, but so far protocol it is.
Does anyone know if nutra does pricematch with other online retailers?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protocol looks like damn. I use no synthesize only because I got em for 10 bucks a peice.. I enjoy it alot.

Mike

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protocol looks damn good. I use no synthesize only because I got em for 10 bucks a peice.. I enjoy it alot.

Mike

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wtf no clue how my post got doubled.. incorrectly!

r6lift

r6lift

Awards
  • Established
Protocol looks damn good. I use no synthesize only because I got em for 10 bucks a peice.. I enjoy it alot.

Mike
Yea man, leaning towards it right now. Also saw a promotion where protocol+slin sane @ a great price. Might probably get that. :)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea man, leaning towards it right now. Also saw a promotion where protocol+slin sane @ a great price. Might probably get that. :)
Can't go wrong with it.. I might pick up a bottle soon before I force comes out with our new post workout since I will use that..

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I enjoy Recon. I would take Protocol but I get whats in it from other things I take throughout the day/after my workout.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
honestly you could just go with a simple whey shake and some dextrose if your carb intake allows for it, then have a whole food meal about an hour later. I've tried post-workout products like synthesize, strive, etc. and found that my best results usually came from just keeping things basic. dextrose for the insulin spike to shuttle nutrients, and then protein/amino acids to stimulate protein synthesis, and then a whole food meal for micronutrients and overall replenishment

The Bawse

Awards
i liked recon...it's not worth the price, but if you're set on getting a postworkout supp, it's a good choice.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
Can't go wrong with it.. I might pick up a bottle soon before I force comes out with our new post workout since I will use that..

:dance:

I've tired many postworkouts in today's market, the only one I think that MIGHT have made a difference is AfterMath (less DOMS)...but other than that, my usual Protean + 2 bananas will do...

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly you could just go with a simple whey shake and some dextrose if your carb intake allows for it, then have a whole food meal about an hour later. I've tried post-workout products like synthesize, strive, etc. and found that my best results usually came from just keeping things basic. dextrose for the insulin spike to shuttle nutrients, and then protein/amino acids to stimulate protein synthesis, and then a whole food meal for micronutrients and overall replenishment
Very, very true. I do,

1 scoop No-synthesize with 25g Waxy Maize immediate post workout, with 2 scoops of protean and 1 cup oatmeal, 1tbsp canola oil 30 mins later.

Love it.

J19891

J19891

Awards
This. Best post workout recovery product=food (with good macros).