Dymatize Xpand

Clintdogg

Clintdogg

Awards
Been taking this for two weeks, and just noticed on the label it says to use with caution if you have a history of cold sores.

I havent got one yet from it, but after i drink it, i can feel one coming and put cream on it.

Anyone know what is in it that causes them. I know myself i get them from acidic foods and other things like chocolate and soda. ocasionally i get them from stress. Heres the ingredients:

Serving Size: 15 1/2 Grams
Servings Per Container: 50

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 0
Calories from Fat 0
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Sugars 0g

TriCreatine Malate 4g
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (A-AKG) 3g
Betaine-Anhydrous 2g
Taurine (Micronized) 2g
N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine 1g

Xpansion Matrix™ 3000mg
Glycocyamine, glucuronolactone, l-citrulline, guanidinopropionic acid, mct's (medium chain triglycerides), vinpocetine 99%, vincamine 99%, silicon dioxide.

Other Ingredients:
Natural and artificial flavors, sucralose.

I havent had one in awhile and would like to keep it that way, so you guys' help is appreciated. thanks

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Cold sores are generally brought on by stress or a rapid change in body chemistry..like eating a bunch of citrus or pineapple. My guess would be it's just a matter of drinking a chemical cocktail like Xpand/NOZ/SWOLE et cetera.

Lysine is great for speeding cold sore healing. Nothing really prevents them except healthy lifestyle.

How much does that Xpand run? Decent list of ingredients.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's the arginine content...people who are more prone to developing cold sores will have increased occurences with higher doses of arginine.

As bioman said, you can combat that easily by taking lysine...

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here you go...did a brief search on google and found this to back up my previous post:

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/print/view/1,1560,RA_448_learn,00.html

"Other factors that can reactivate the cold sore virus include fatigue, stress, menstruation, and exposure to sun and wind. High blood levels of the amino acid arginine allows the cold sore virus to thrive; arginine is present in large amounts in chocolate, nuts, whole-grain cereals, and gelatin. On the other hand, eating foods high in another amino acid, lysine, (corn, kidney beans, split peas) may drive down levels of arginine."

One conern is, will lysine hinder arginine absorption? Not sure, maybe go with a lysine cream...haven't seen any studies showing whether it does or not.

Clintdogg

Clintdogg

Awards
Thanks for the help guys.

I have used lysine before when i have gotten them, but i have a perscription cream that works awesome. I can feel one coming, kinda like a slight burning/tingling, and after applying the cream within an hour it goes away.

Im gonna stay away from the lysine for now because i dont want it to interfere with the xpand. but if i get a cold sore, i will stop taking it.

As for the price, i think its like 32 dollars or something.... for 50 servings. I looked at all the No2 and creatine mixes, and xpand had the most of each ingredient, so thats what i chose. i plan on writing a review when im done.

thanks again.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good idea about the cream.

The Xpand does look good, and is a good price too. Look forward to reading your review. Good luck!

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
The xpand looks good and is priced pretty good.

blackjack

Awards
Ive been using xpand too. I like it better than swole V2.

the taste is a little more tolerable. looking a little fuller, and some minor strength increase.

I mix 1.2 grams of ALCAR in with it.

Clintdogg

Clintdogg

Awards
Ive been using xpand too. I like it better than swole V2.

the taste is a little more tolerable. looking a little fuller, and some minor strength increase.

I mix 1.2 grams of ALCAR in with it.

i mix mine with three scoups of GO! pre-workout... im thinking about adding 3 grams of citrulline malate to it since mike just got it back in. Ive heard good things about the CM.

edit for spelling

Last edited:

blackjack

Awards
whats the purpose for the citruline malate? Im not quite sure what it does.

aqwela

Awards
Cold Sores

If you go get Lysine from the store and take it regularly it will help the cold sore's. It's a dietary supplement

Been taking this for two weeks, and just noticed on the label it says to use with caution if you have a history of cold sores.

I havent got one yet from it, but after i drink it, i can feel one coming and put cream on it.

Anyone know what is in it that causes them. I know myself i get them from acidic foods and other things like chocolate and soda. ocasionally i get them from stress. Heres the ingredients:

Serving Size: 15 1/2 Grams
Servings Per Container: 50

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 0
Calories from Fat 0
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Sugars 0g

TriCreatine Malate 4g
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (A-AKG) 3g
Betaine-Anhydrous 2g
Taurine (Micronized) 2g
N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine 1g

Xpansion Matrix™ 3000mg
Glycocyamine, glucuronolactone, l-citrulline, guanidinopropionic acid, mct's (medium chain triglycerides), vinpocetine 99%, vincamine 99%, silicon dioxide.

Other Ingredients:
Natural and artificial flavors, sucralose.

I havent had one in awhile and would like to keep it that way, so you guys' help is appreciated. thanks

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
I switched over from V12 to XPand and I am extremely happy with it. I don't really get all the benefits as I am a chronic stimulant user, but overall, I rate it an excellent product. Great price too. If you are using Swole, or V12, or a comparable, give it a shot.

blakkstarr

Board Supporter
Awards
I bought can of this garbage because it was on sale .I guess the old saying-"you get what you pay for" is at hand- tried for two weeks, used the dosage per container, then even doubled it. No effects, no pump during or after my training. BSN NoXplode was 10x better. The only positive is the taste A+, tasted like grape koolaid- maybe it is?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chefdeez Supplements 1
Supplements 11
fritzer Supplements 2
Supplements 5
Supplements 0