stims that don't use the adrenaline/epinephrine/cortisol pathway?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    smt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    451
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    5.05%

    nicotine.

    okay, it has indirect adrenergic effects, but the main pathway is through nAChRs

  2. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    483021
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    74.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Agreed but the potential for addiction makes this a poor choice

    Quote Originally Posted by smt1 View Post
    nicotine.

    okay, it has indirect adrenergic effects, but the main pathway is through nAChRs
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  3. AX Product Specialist
    Bnatural's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,264
    Rep Power
    576686
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    87.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dsohei View Post
    Because adrenal fatigue is probably thyroid fatigue. But a person would need to check their thyroid status. And judo josh is right on, thinking that just "resting" will somehow restore ppl is funny. We are also talking about different populations, probably most on this forum are in above average health, genetically and socially lucky.
    this thread has developed a bit further than this comment, but i do want to chime in.

    the body tends to restore itself to near normal levels without the use of supplements to help combat the issue. most of the time, people tend to compound the issue by adding supplements to the mix and then not stopping.

    also, addressing adrenal fatigue as "probably thyroid fatigue" would be quite the blanket statement, and sounds like a best guess if anything.
    this is the issue of suppression and suppressing one's own body to not allow it to stabilize.
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    dsohei's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    8188
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    38.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural
    this thread has developed a bit further than this comment, but i do want to chime in.

    the body tends to restore itself to near normal levels without the use of supplements to help combat the issue. most of the time, people tend to compound the issue by adding supplements to the mix and then not stopping.

    also, addressing adrenal fatigue as "probably thyroid fatigue" would be quite the blanket statement, and sounds like a best guess if anything.
    this is the issue of suppression and suppressing one's own body to not allow it to stabilize.
    Thinking that the body will heal itself is very utopian. Body needs the right resources, and needs to be able to use them, 2 very big ifs. I haven't magically healed in the years I've been ill. Stabilization is a myth.
  5. AX Product Specialist
    Bnatural's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,264
    Rep Power
    576686
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    87.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dsohei View Post
    Thinking that the body will heal itself is very utopian. Body needs the right resources, and needs to be able to use them, 2 very big ifs. I haven't magically healed in the years I've been ill. Stabilization is a myth.
    i truly hope the medical field is not your profession or goal direction.
    if you allow your body time to heal properly, it can overcome quite a bit.
    stabilization is far from a myth. i'm not sure why you started a thread only to offer up a debate, but you seem to go against the grain based on your responses.
    i guess this is where science tends to allow pros and cons for almost everything and each can choose their direction (see: creatine).
    good luck in your endeavors.
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
  6. New Member
    dsohei's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    8188
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    38.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural
    i truly hope the medical field is not your profession or goal direction.
    if you allow your body time to heal properly, it can overcome quite a bit.
    stabilization is far from a myth. i'm not sure why you started a thread only to offer up a debate, but you seem to go against the grain based on your responses.
    i guess this is where science tends to allow pros and cons for almost everything and each can choose their direction (see: creatine).
    good luck in your endeavors.
    I have extensive personal experience that directly opposes your idea.
  7. New Member
    dsohei's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    8188
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    38.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Agreed but the potential for addiction makes this a poor choice
    Isn't caffeine similar though? I think nicotine screws with blood sugar so its not on my short list of things to try.
  8. New Member
    dsohei's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    8188
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    38.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by zaire2d
    Subultiamine, CDP-Choline, Alpha-GPC + Huperzine ...
    Hmm, I tend to get choline headaches easily, I can never know if one pill of a-gpc or cdp will push me into the red zone. I do like the feeling of huperzine but again it is cholinergic, so shouldn't be used long term, and that time period of safety vs danger isn't certain.
  9. New Member
    dsohei's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    8188
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    38.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Ginseng, B12, Synephrine, Green tea (?), Sulbutamine (?), Low Dosed Alpha-Yohimbine (?), Rhodiola, Adaptagens
    Ginseng tends to push adrenaline, I eat a lot of liver so b12 is full unless I'm somehow not utilizing it correctly, the adaptogens which include rhodiola and ginseng tend to play around with adrenaline and thus aren't what I'm looking for although I have taken long courses f them in the past, they seemed to merely trick me into thinking I was fine.
  10. AX Product Specialist
    Bnatural's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,264
    Rep Power
    576686
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    87.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dsohei View Post
    I have extensive personal experience that directly opposes your idea.
    personal is the key word.
    results can vary greatly from one person to the next due to various issues.
    i can offer personal experience as an opinion and offer my thoughts on my experience, but one person and their personal experience means very little on the grand scale. your data would be listed out with 100 others and then research data could be drawn.
    i can understand if you feel your body doesn't respond to this supplement or another supplement, but you cannot generalize it and decide that it applies to all. that is how it your previous posts seemed to be directed.
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
  11. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149922
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    29.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural View Post
    personal is the key word.
    results can vary greatly from one person to the next due to various issues.
    i can offer personal experience as an opinion and offer my thoughts on my experience, but one person and their personal experience means very little on the grand scale. your data would be listed out with 100 others and then research data could be drawn.
    i can understand if you feel your body doesn't respond to this supplement or another supplement, but you cannot generalize it and decide that it applies to all. that is how it your previous posts seemed to be directed.
    In my personal experience, when I admitted myself into rehab for 35 days and was forced to take a break from everything and deal with things through lots of cognitive and spiritual therapy, I noticed a significant 'return to balance' that helped me more than any supplement ever did. Then I started supplements soon after and when therapy wasn't mandatory, etc. I drifted back. This was MY personal experience and it was indeed quite functional. If this is a utopian theory, based on all systems in the utopia working together as a functional whole, than call me a socialist.
  12. New Member
    dsohei's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    8188
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    38.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green
    In my personal experience, when I admitted myself into rehab for 35 days and was forced to take a break from everything and deal with things through lots of cognitive and spiritual therapy, I noticed a significant 'return to balance' that helped me more than any supplement ever did. Then I started supplements soon after and when therapy wasn't mandatory, etc. I drifted back. This was MY personal experience and it was indeed quite functional. If this is a utopian theory, based on all systems in the utopia working together as a functional whole, than call me a socialist.
    Supplements are not a replacement for behavioral healing. I'm glad you were put in an environment that forced you to stop distracting yourself and focus on learning better choices. I hope you didn't drift back to the place you were before you found some peace, but if you did I hope you're not blaming it on supplements you took.
  13. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149922
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    29.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsohei View Post
    Supplements are not a replacement for behavioral healing. I'm glad you were put in an environment that forced you to stop distracting yourself and focus on learning better choices. I hope you didn't drift back to the place you were before you found some peace, but if you did I hope you're not blaming it on supplements you took.
    Thanks dsohei. One thing that I am working on now (and am pretty close to completing) is releasing blame and accepting that I am responsible for what happens to me based on choices I make. I am clean from any illicit substances, but I am trying to take on too many things at once and I find myself not accomplishing a whole lot lately.
  14. New Member
    dsohei's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    8188
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    38.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural
    personal is the key word.
    results can vary greatly from one person to the next due to various issues.
    i can offer personal experience as an opinion and offer my thoughts on my experience, but one person and their personal experience means very little on the grand scale. your data would be listed out with 100 others and then research data could be drawn.
    i can understand if you feel your body doesn't respond to this supplement or another supplement, but you cannot generalize it and decide that it applies to all. that is how it your previous posts seemed to be directed.
    My goal is not to invent a silver bullet. I believe everyone is different enough to warrant diligent self experimentation and data tracking. However, believing that the body will heal or stabilize itself to a similar or enhanced level is against natural laws. Every living thing on this planet is in a state of decay, some faster some slower. If the organism doesn't have the right resources, somehow can't use the right resources, is being blocked by a substance etc, then it will decay faster. Young people, genetically and culturally lucky people seem to heal quickly due to large amounts of youth hormones. Once those hormones are used up or are made in smaller amounts, decay or aging occurs.

    Again, I am less concerned with certainty or the average consensus than I am with personal experimentation and data sharing.
  15. New Member
    dsohei's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    8188
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    38.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green
    Thanks dsohei. One thing that I am working on now (and am pretty close to completing) is releasing blame and accepting that I am responsible for what happens to me based on choices I make. I am clean from any illicit substances, but I am trying to take on too many things at once and I find myself not accomplishing a whole lot lately.
    In my twenties I was on one kind of bender after another, substances and emotional craziness. It wasn't until I started a 6 year meditation program that I moved past it all (this isn't bragging, "moving past" trauma and deeply held beliefs often looks like a nervous breakdown itself). All of the non physical skills, whether they're called emotional, social, communicative, creative, empathic... Exist intertwined with physiological and biochemical health. Do both and both sets will advance together.

    Force of green, once you know your weak spots, you can outsmart yourself before you get too far off the rails. Track the data. I know that I start making bad choices if I drink alcohol so I stopped, also if I start becoming obsessed about something or think I only have a few choices in a situation - these are clues that my weak spot had been hooked and I can choose to unhook it.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. stims (i.e. jack3d) and cortisol
    By acwingfoot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 03:10 PM
  2. Stims and Cortisol Suppression
    By schwellington in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 11:31 AM
  3. Comming of stims and EC - Reset AD and Cortisol
    By EArch in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 04:11 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in