Good mass suplement ??

TheB3asT

TheB3asT

Awards
My friend is looking to put on mass he is really skinny he try's lifting weights and eating lots of food but nothing yet basically he wants to gain weight is there any safe no harm supplements that will help him gain weight or any thing to really help him out ??

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He should figure out his caloric maintenance level and then exceed it. Whole milk will definitely help with getting the extra calories needed. If he's using any kind if protein powder he can throw a couple scoops in the whole milk with some oats and/or peanut butter when he uses it. Olive oil is calorie dense and can be used with many food options.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
natty peanut butter....1 serving with each meal....it really adds up

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
x2 I went from 205 to 220 in one summer with just lifting hard and eating a ton, didn't really even take any supps

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My friend is looking to put on mass he is really skinny he try's lifting weights and eating lots of food but nothing yet basically he wants to gain weight is there any safe no harm supplements that will help him gain weight or any thing to really help him out ??
at this point, food will be his best choice as well as proper amount of sleep and hard training. dont waste ur money on supplements

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Sound advice in this thread.

Have your friend establish his maintenance calorie level. He can do this by doing a google search for a "daily calorie needs" and using a generator. There is several on the web. Once he establishes this, exceed his maintenance calories by around 750 calories each day. I recommend more than 500, to allow for the calories he will burn while lifting weights.

Getting do this amount of calories each day isn't easy for some people. Adding oats to a protein shake is a great way to get extra carbs and calories. Peanut butter should be used to add some calories, but don't go overboard, you'd be better off loading up on carbohydrates and protein than loading up on fat for the muscle building. Consider bagels for extra carbs and calories, peanut butter on a toasted bagel is a personal favorite of mine!

Lots of tricks out there. Just have to make sure your eating a lot of clean foods!

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GOMAD diet

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i use alot of evoo in bulk mode....

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
he mostly needs to start by figuring out his diet and making sure that he is eating above maintenance and getting enough rest and recovery time in too. supplements won't be of any benefit to him if he doesn't have his diet down. If he cant seem to get enough calories in, he could make his own homemade weight gainer from milk, natural peanut butter (or coconut oil, mct oil, some healthy fat source), and oats, and he can tailor it to his macronutrient needs.

istillqualify

If your looking for a "supplement" like you stated in your post, I suggest "Up your Mass" by MHP w/ whole milk. I worked at the Vitamin Shoppe for a year and I know people who had great results with it. Can be expensive with 4 scoops a serving but is good for quick calories but should never be a stand alone or substitute for high calorie meals.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or just make your own "mass gainer" and save the extra cash for food.

about2ba

Awards
Serious mass 3000+ calorie its on you tube awesome results

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
natty peanut butter....1 serving with each meal....it really adds up
This... Or p butter and banana sandwiches...

GOMAD diet

He's saying a gallon of milk a day...

^ 2 me that's a bit extreme but hey.

I use to be into weight gainers like serious mass & up your mass but now a days I'll pass... I'll opt for the bananas, milk, p butter and the like... Much better and cheaper than those shakes... U live and learn.

scw538

scw538

Awards
After every workout I drink a shake with bcaas ,creatine. And peanut butter & banana on whole wheat.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
After every workout I drink a shake with bcaas ,creatine. And peanut butter & banana on whole wheat.
That's a mans meal right there

J19891

J19891

Awards
If he's over eighteen, I'd recommend anabeta or anabeta elite. A lot of skinny guys are skinny because they have a problem eating tons of food. Anabeta turns the volume up on your hunger, it makes me feel like a bottomless pit. Strangely though, I never really pack on too much bodyfat as long as I'm taking anabeta.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anabeta turns the volume up on your hunger, it makes me feel like a bottomless pit. Strangely though, I never really pack on too much bodyfat as long as I'm taking anabeta.
Thats my experience with it as well

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
lincoln.prtg Nutrition / Health 11
akboom87 General Chat 19
p4pbeast Supplements 62
p4pbeast Supplements 0