Protein Powder/BCAA's - AnabolicMinds.com

Protein Powder/BCAA's

Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Protein Powder/BCAA's

Going to be running out of protein and BCAA's very soon. I consider both to be essential supplements, although I have not been relying on the whey as much recently as I have done in the past. However, it makes me uncomfortable to not have a tub in stock, nonetheless.

I'm looking at MGN American Iso. I've used this once before. 5lbs for under 40$ at Nutraplanet. Seems hard to beat.

Also looking at the bulk USPowders Modern BCAA. Haven't used it before. But I like the USP Labs 8:1:1 ratio in their Modern BCAA product, I had a good experience when using it. Anyone chime in on this bcaa supplement?

Trying to save as much money as possible, but doesn't everyone? Chime in and give me some recommendations, everyone. Curious what the AM community has to say.
    Romans 8:38-39

Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo
    Going to be running out of protein and BCAA's very soon. I consider both to be essential supplements, although I have not been relying on the whey as much recently as I have done in the past. However, it makes me uncomfortable to not have a tub in stock, nonetheless.

I'm looking at MGN American Iso. I've used this once before. 5lbs for under 40$ at Nutraplanet. Seems hard to beat.

Also looking at the bulk USPowders Modern BCAA. Haven't used it before. But I like the USP Labs 8:1:1 ratio in their Modern BCAA product, I had a good experience when using it. Anyone chime in on this bcaa supplement?

Trying to save as much money as possible, but doesn't everyone? Chime in and give me some recommendations, everyone. Curious what the AM community has to say.
    I would do some research on MGN man. Ive read several threads/posts of some issues ordering their products.
    MY I-FORCE NUTRITION INTIMIDATE/REVERSITOL V2 SPONSORED LOG (PICS)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202817-here-we-go-2.html
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Ive got an entire 2lb tub of Rocky Road Iso from MGM that im going to run. I got it at a really good price (FREE..LOL) so Ill use it up. I really like iForce products so after I use up what I have Ill prolly start using ONLY iForce Protein. ON is very good also, and for BCAAs I love me some RecoverPRO!!!!
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Just got my bulk modern bcaas n the other day, mixed 1. Serving n 16oz of water and still had leucine floaters so I added 5 grams citruline malate to help dissolve it and it tastes like sour grape its pretty good
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Modern BCAA all the way. Tastes the best to me other than Recoverpro, but this one is very cost effective IMO.

And any isolate is good. I usually buy cheap protein (I use 1 and a half scoops)and add glutamine,BCAAs,creatine,Carbs ,etc. depending on the cycle. Seems expensive to buy all of those in bulk at once, but it saves money down the road.
    STAY TUNED FOR A NEW ALLMAX LOG OPP!!!
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Of all the protein I've used, MGN seems most cost effective. I'm interested to see where there have been problems with it, as stated above.

And glad to hear the USPowders Modern BCAA is good stuff. I recently ran out if the stockpile of Xtend I had, cant go without BCAA's!

Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Mod edit: nope
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

as far as protein goes, Protean is a solid option, and 2 new flavors are just about to be released (red velvet cake and vanilla mint) . XF UP 2.0 is another good option, and if you want a quality isolate, iso 100 by dymatize is good, although a little more expensive than other products.

for bcaa's i'd try and either get bulk powder at 2:1:1 or 4:1:1 and add your own flavoring, or you could look into recoup or xtend (same formula basically)
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo View Post

Check out our 4:1:1 BCAAs.... Great taste and reviews. PM Me for some samples

Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rome32 View Post
    Modern BCAA all the way. Tastes the best to me other than Recoverpro, but this one is very cost effective IMO.

And any isolate is good. I usually buy cheap protein (I use 1 and a half scoops)and add glutamine,BCAAs,creatine,Carbs ,etc. depending on the cycle. Seems expensive to buy all of those in bulk at once, but it saves money down the road.
    Recover Pro is delicious haha Especially after you try plain BCAA powder
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggamanbill View Post
    Recover Pro is delicious haha Especially after you try plain BCAA powder
    I received my free sample and i concur! Tastes rather pleasant!
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    Check out Axis Labs N'Gage, we are one of the few companies that uses Ajipure Amino Acids, which are the only ones guaranteed not of animal origin(IE. Hair/Skin/Feathers). The flavor is also top notch, I have yet to find another BCAA that tastes as good as Glacier Punch or Orange Cream.
    i prefer to add extra animal feathers to my purple wraath....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  13. istillqualify

I would go nutraplanet unflavored kilo of BCAAs. Stack with current pre-workout ot mix with crystal light or gatorade (good for insulin spike) post workout.
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.

Monster amino
    T2
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    i prefer to add extra animal feathers to my purple wraath....
    lol I snorted a little!
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggamanbill

Check out our 4:1:1 BCAAs.... Great taste and reviews. PM Me for some samples
    I believe a sample pack is already being shipped my way, as you were so generous to do so a couple weeks ago! If the BCAA's are good I'll look into em.

Thanks!

Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

MGN also offers a 100% isolate version of their protein. 53$ for 5lb I believe.

With that being said, is there a noticeable difference in ISO and regular Whey comprised of a mix of isolates and concentrates? Other than theoretically, I'm speaking in terms of can you see/feel differences over time?

Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

MGN also offers a 100% isolate version of their protein. 53$ for 5lb I believe.

With that being said, is there a noticeable difference in ISO and regular Whey comprised of a mix of isolates and concentrates? Other than theoretically, I'm speaking in terms of can you see/feel differences over time?
    I've never been convinced to buy 100% ISO. But the recommendation of Dymatise ISO has me contemplating.

Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

It depends on how you take the bcaa, if you're like me, I down bulk powder pre and post wo,
    and only sip on 'em during the workout.
    So my "layout" has been the same for years:

EAA and Leucine bulk powder (unflavored) pre and post wo. I used to use BCAA, now switched to EAAs, the concept is the same tho'
    [Flavored BCAA product of your choice] + bulk Leucine intra wo.

And for the flavored BCAA just go with whatever flavor you like the best, Xtend, Recoverpro and XF Ice are my fav

Whey, I only use them for cooking now, I didn't do a protein shake in years
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    I received my free sample and i concur! Tastes rather pleasant!
    Glad to hear you like it
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo View Post
    I believe a sample pack is already being shipped my way, as you were so generous to do so a couple weeks ago! If the BCAA's are good I'll look into em.

Thanks!
    Great... usually takes about 2 weeks, but you wont be disappoitned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I must say that I love casein pudding for a snack during the day. High in protein and low on calories. Great for a recomp/cutting cycle!

Easy to make
    1 scoop of Casein
    1/2 cup milk
    Blend with beater for 5-10 minutes!
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47
    It depends on how you take the bcaa, if you're like me, I down bulk powder pre and post wo,
    and only sip on 'em during the workout.
    So my "layout" has been the same for years:

EAA and Leucine bulk powder (unflavored) pre and post wo. I used to use BCAA, now switched to EAAs, the concept is the same tho'
    [Flavored BCAA product of your choice] + bulk Leucine intra wo.

And for the flavored BCAA just go with whatever flavor you like the best, Xtend, Recoverpro and XF Ice are my fav

Whey, I only use them for cooking now, I didn't do a protein shake in years
    I've switched to mainly eating whole foods. I'll do a lot of cooking with the protein I buy. Probably 80% of the tub, actually. College food availability sucks at times, so I get forced to use a protein shake occasionally.

Thanks for your input! I'll check out EAA's

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 11:07 AM
  3. Whey protein powder to bulk BCAA conversion
    By Harry Manback in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 11:33 PM
  4. BCAA Powder Won't Mix
    By MoneyAddyct in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 09:39 AM
  5. EAAs and BCAA instead of Protein powder?
    By corsaking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 02:48 PM