Protein Powder/BCAA's

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Going to be running out of protein and BCAA's very soon. I consider both to be essential supplements, although I have not been relying on the whey as much recently as I have done in the past. However, it makes me uncomfortable to not have a tub in stock, nonetheless.

I'm looking at MGN American Iso. I've used this once before. 5lbs for under 40$ at Nutraplanet. Seems hard to beat.

Also looking at the bulk USPowders Modern BCAA. Haven't used it before. But I like the USP Labs 8:1:1 ratio in their Modern BCAA product, I had a good experience when using it. Anyone chime in on this bcaa supplement?

Trying to save as much money as possible, but doesn't everyone? Chime in and give me some recommendations, everyone. Curious what the AM community has to say.

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Going to be running out of protein and BCAA's very soon. I consider both to be essential supplements, although I have not been relying on the whey as much recently as I have done in the past. However, it makes me uncomfortable to not have a tub in stock, nonetheless.

I'm looking at MGN American Iso. I've used this once before. 5lbs for under 40$ at Nutraplanet. Seems hard to beat.

Also looking at the bulk USPowders Modern BCAA. Haven't used it before. But I like the USP Labs 8:1:1 ratio in their Modern BCAA product, I had a good experience when using it. Anyone chime in on this bcaa supplement?

Trying to save as much money as possible, but doesn't everyone? Chime in and give me some recommendations, everyone. Curious what the AM community has to say.
I would do some research on MGN man. Ive read several threads/posts of some issues ordering their products.

mnowak1228

Awards
Ive got an entire 2lb tub of Rocky Road Iso from MGM that im going to run. I got it at a really good price (FREE..LOL) so Ill use it up. I really like iForce products so after I use up what I have Ill prolly start using ONLY iForce Protein. ON is very good also, and for BCAAs I love me some RecoverPRO!!!!

Colby

Colby

Awards
Just got my bulk modern bcaas n the other day, mixed 1. Serving n 16oz of water and still had leucine floaters so I added 5 grams citruline malate to help dissolve it and it tastes like sour grape its pretty good

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards

Modern BCAA all the way. Tastes the best to me other than Recoverpro, but this one is very cost effective IMO.

And any isolate is good. I usually buy cheap protein (I use 1 and a half scoops)and add glutamine,BCAAs,creatine,Carbs,etc. depending on the cycle. Seems expensive to buy all of those in bulk at once, but it saves money down the road.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Of all the protein I've used, MGN seems most cost effective. I'm interested to see where there have been problems with it, as stated above.

And glad to hear the USPowders Modern BCAA is good stuff. I recently ran out if the stockpile of Xtend I had, cant go without BCAA's!

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Mod edit: nope

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
as far as protein goes, Protean is a solid option, and 2 new flavors are just about to be released (red velvet cake and vanilla mint) :D . XF UP 2.0 is another good option, and if you want a quality isolate, iso 100 by dymatize is good, although a little more expensive than other products.

for bcaa's i'd try and either get bulk powder at 2:1:1 or 4:1:1 and add your own flavoring, or you could look into recoup or xtend (same formula basically)

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards

Check out our 4:1:1 BCAAs.... Great taste and reviews. PM Me for some samples

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Modern BCAA all the way. Tastes the best to me other than Recoverpro, but this one is very cost effective IMO.

And any isolate is good. I usually buy cheap protein (I use 1 and a half scoops)and add glutamine,BCAAs,creatine,Carbs,etc. depending on the cycle. Seems expensive to buy all of those in bulk at once, but it saves money down the road.
Recover Pro is delicious haha Especially after you try plain BCAA powder

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Check out Axis Labs N'Gage, we are one of the few companies that uses Ajipure Amino Acids, which are the only ones guaranteed not of animal origin(IE. Hair/Skin/Feathers). The flavor is also top notch, I have yet to find another BCAA that tastes as good as Glacier Punch or Orange Cream.
i prefer to add extra animal feathers to my purple wraath....

istillqualify

I would go nutraplanet unflavored kilo of BCAAs. Stack with current pre-workout ot mix with crystal light or gatorade (good for insulin spike) post workout.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Check out our 4:1:1 BCAAs.... Great taste and reviews. PM Me for some samples
I believe a sample pack is already being shipped my way, as you were so generous to do so a couple weeks ago! If the BCAA's are good I'll look into em.

Thanks!

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
MGN also offers a 100% isolate version of their protein. 53$ for 5lb I believe.

With that being said, is there a noticeable difference in ISO and regular Whey comprised of a mix of isolates and concentrates? Other than theoretically, I'm speaking in terms of can you see/feel differences over time?

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
MGN also offers a 100% isolate version of their protein. 53$ for 5lb I believe.

With that being said, is there a noticeable difference in ISO and regular Whey comprised of a mix of isolates and concentrates? Other than theoretically, I'm speaking in terms of can you see/feel differences over time?
I've never been convinced to buy 100% ISO. But the recommendation of Dymatise ISO has me contemplating.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
It depends on how you take the bcaa, if you're like me, I down bulk powder pre and post wo,
and only sip on 'em during the workout.
So my "layout" has been the same for years:

EAA and Leucine bulk powder (unflavored) pre and post wo. I used to use BCAA, now switched to EAAs, the concept is the same tho'
[Flavored BCAA product of your choice] + bulk Leucine intra wo.

And for the flavored BCAA just go with whatever flavor you like the best, Xtend, Recoverpro and XF Ice are my fav

Whey, I only use them for cooking now, I didn't do a protein shake in years

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
I believe a sample pack is already being shipped my way, as you were so generous to do so a couple weeks ago! If the BCAA's are good I'll look into em.

Thanks!
Great... usually takes about 2 weeks, but you wont be disappoitned

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
I must say that I love casein pudding for a snack during the day. High in protein and low on calories. Great for a recomp/cutting cycle!

Easy to make
1 scoop of Casein
1/2 cup milk
Blend with beater for 5-10 minutes!

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
It depends on how you take the bcaa, if you're like me, I down bulk powder pre and post wo,
and only sip on 'em during the workout.
So my "layout" has been the same for years:

EAA and Leucine bulk powder (unflavored) pre and post wo. I used to use BCAA, now switched to EAAs, the concept is the same tho'
[Flavored BCAA product of your choice] + bulk Leucine intra wo.

And for the flavored BCAA just go with whatever flavor you like the best, Xtend, Recoverpro and XF Ice are my fav

Whey, I only use them for cooking now, I didn't do a protein shake in years
I've switched to mainly eating whole foods. I'll do a lot of cooking with the protein I buy. Probably 80% of the tub, actually. College food availability sucks at times, so I get forced to use a protein shake occasionally.

Thanks for your input! I'll check out EAA's