Fat shredding advice please

ForAnAngel

Awards
Hey,

Well I thought things were good until I got my BMI yesterday...16%. I am on a heavy regiment of supplements (for me anyways), which include the following:

Erase (9 days into), Beta Alanine, Fish Oil, Multi Vit, and BCAA's.
I take Assault and Hemavol for preworkout.
My diet is pretty clean and my cario was decent.

I am lean with size and was finally getting size on my arms, back, and chest. What can I take that will benefit me to get my bmi into single digits or what can I start doing that won't melt the size I finally achieved.

Thanks guys.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
BMI is useless and doesn't make sense. Keep up the good work, clean up your diet and STAY WITH IT. If you want to take something to help with the appetite and get that last little off, look into Dexaprine.

ForAnAngel

Awards
BMI is useless and doesn't make sense. Keep up the good work, clean up your diet and STAY WITH IT. If you want to take something to help with the appetite and get that last little off, look into Dexaprine.
Thanks man. It sucked because they took the measurements from like the worst part of my body haha. Just gotta push through. Looked into oxelite pro and people after it looked like death...so no.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. It sucked because they took the measurements from like the worst part of my body haha. Just gotta push through. Looked into oxelite pro and people after it looked like death...so no.
Dexaprine isn't oxyelite pro ;)

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Diet...Diet... Diet

Commit to it 100% and work your a$$ off

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Diet and training will get you there, supplements will only augment this.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just to piggy back on the some of the questions here, I've been using Pes AT2 prior to my morning fasted cardio sessions. How long do you guys generally perform H.I.I.T for and if you've ever performed it in a fasted state, does that change the dynamic at all in terms of muscle loss? Thanks!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Just to piggy back on the some of the questions here, I've been using Pes AT2 prior to my morning fasted cardio sessions. How long do you guys generally perform H.I.I.T for and if you've ever performed it in a fasted state, does that change the dynamic at all in terms of muscle loss? Thanks!
30 minutes roughly for me, fasted cardio wont cause muscle loss, consume aminos during your cardio if you'd like to help maintain muscle

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Try LG for a while...fasted cardio with aminos is the best for me , but Late evening HIIT or am cardio for 20 mins and some 25 mins after workout, do help boost metabolism. If leaning out is the problem , try calorie or carb cycling and keep macros in check, high protein always, commit to it, leanness is a way of living ;p!!But yeah , recommending lean gains if you want bigger arms and chest and just wanna stay lean or lean out more while gaining size ;p stead recomp is the way to go!! Good luck!

(On a side note: OEP and AT2 and ERASE on fasted cardio work wonders...C20 will get yah harder faster too...fasted supps tend to have a more potentiated effect if stims are involved ;p)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Diet and high-intensity cardio have worked the best for me- I have been under 7% since 2001- genetics play a sizeable part as well, but these are the two things I have been extremely consistent with over the years

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
Diet, Workout, Sleep. All must be on point. It take dedication and hard work, along with patience. You got to give it 110% no matter what.

ForAnAngel

Awards
Thanks all. Going to bump up my cardio days to two. I play soccer on weekends so I count that as one as well. So like 3. Yeah, soccer player having trouble with body fat...weird...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Try LG for a while...fasted cardio with aminos is the best for me , but Late evening HIIT or am cardio for 20 mins and some 25 mins after workout, do help boost metabolism. If leaning out is the problem , try calorie or carb cycling and keep macros in check, high protein always, commit to it, leanness is a way of living ;p!!But yeah , recommending lean gains if you want bigger arms and chest and just wanna stay lean or lean out more while gaining size ;p stead recomp is the way to go!! Good luck!

(On a side note: OEP and AT2 and ERASE on fasted cardio work wonders...C20 will get yah harder faster too...fasted supps tend to have a more potentiated effect if stims are involved ;p)
Facepalming through the whole post...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I read through the post twice...
It wasn't the best advice, but also wasn't the worst.
Let's see:

-Cardio doesn't boost BMR
-Calorie or carb cycling will have no effect on "leaning out"
-Leangains (aka intermittent fasting) has no significant body composition benefits over a traditional diet. It CERTAINLY will not give you bigger arms and chest. It won't directly allow you to lean out while gaining size.
-No comment on the products

So which parts of the post were accurate?

-High protein, keep your macros in check
-Stims hit harder on an empty stomach

Not the worst advice, but close.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's see:

-Cardio doesn't boost BMR
-Calorie or carb cycling will have no effect on "leaning out"
-Leangains (aka intermittent fasting) has no significant body composition benefits over a traditional diet. It CERTAINLY will not give you bigger arms and chest. It won't directly allow you to lean out while gaining size.
-No comment on the products

So which parts of the post were accurate?

-High protein, keep your macros in check
-Stims hit harder on an empty stomach

Not the worst advice, but close.
:)

LGs just makes dieting easier. Some can handle this some will burn out faster.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I read through the post twice...
It wasn't the best advice, but also wasn't the worst.
X_X just a noob...have mercy! I'm only pointing out what I have learned and found useful...besides...I have read a lot on it and the science looks solid, though if im wrong ill admit and learn :3

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
X_X just a noob...have mercy! I'm only pointing out what I have learned and found useful...besides...I have read a lot on it and the science looks solid, though if im wrong ill admit and learn :3
Well, I admire your attitude and desire to learn. Please look into the work of Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, and Martin Berkhan. All of them have their biases so you will need to use your head and analyze everything they say and draw your own conclusions. In the end, 95% of the information they present is consistent among groups, backed by hard evidence, and should lay a proper foundation for your nutritional knowledge.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Well, I admire your attitude and desire to learn. Please look into the work of Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, and Martin Berkhan. All of them have their biases so you will need to use your head and analyze everything they say and draw your own conclusions. In the end, 95% of the information they present is consistent among groups, backed by hard evidence, and should lay a proper foundation for your nutritional knowledge.
Thanks :3 , Like I said I am here to learn , and I got to admit...I kinda wanted some more pointers on nutrition , I'll read through all this in the weekend and get the specifics of it :) thank you very much , thats why i respect this forum so much ^^ every time i pop in , i learn something new...and well One day i hope to be like you guys >:3!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What coop said.

I'll say this, I'm not the best person to give out advice but about 90% of the time when I do give it out, I like to think I'm pretty accurate.
I was more concerned with all the supplements you recommended & when/how to take them.

I like sups and I like repping for a sup company, sups play a good role in the game but only like 10%, if that. It makes things a bit easier sometimes (think pre work out drinks for energy) but u don't need em. Doesn't mean I'll stop using them though. :)

Yeah Coop made some very valid points & 1 tip you'll learn quick here (it would be worse at BB dot com) but don't talk too much about a big chest and arms & leans gains in the same sentence, that's too Jersey Shore and I wouldn't wanna c ya get negged.

:laughing:

Welcome to bud! Enjoy the forums.