This is gonna sound newbtastic, but...

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
Stats: 36 years old; consistent, hard training the last 5 years; 12-15% bf; 214 this morning at 6'; 4 days a week training revolves around the clean, bench, squat, and dead; I rarely deload (me dumb); Non-hormonal bests of 275 power clean, 335 bench; 565 dead; 515 squat.

My staples, I think, might be bordering on retarded? Any input on tweaks would be appreciated. Thanks!! Beyond these, btw, I'm on rpm currently, @ 4/4 w/o days and 3/2 on non w/o days.

Every day I take:

MORNING-multi, 2 fish oil, 1 glucosamine, 1 optizinc, 1 vit D, 4 maca, 1 cinnamon, 1 turmeric (empty stomach).

MID-AFTERNOON-2 fish oil, 1 turmeric, 1 cinnamon, 1 gluc, 2 optizinc, 1 vit D, 4 maca, 1 glucosamine (after 2nd meal).

BEFORE BED-2 fish oil,1 turmeric, 1 cinnamon, 1 magnesium,1 colon health, 1 gluc, 1 vit D.

AND 3 grams of chewable vitamin C around the workout period.

I've been having crazy mood swings, and my libido is up and down (no pun). Recently I seemed to have lost about 6 pounds of bloat that I've been carrying around for at least 3 months!!! It seems like every time I get on rpm I bloat like a floater, then lean out nicely. I always just go with it, and adjust my percentages accordingly. Not quite certain what I'm asking here, but if any of u magicians see something, help a bro out!!!

Tanspodehap!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hmm... Your staples are not crazy.. I dont know what RPM is (Pre workout? Creatine bloat maybe? ) but those are some DAMN good lifts.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Remove all periworkout vitamin C.

Turmeric is likely a waste for the curcuminoid function that you seek.

For mood AND libido support, look into CEL PCT Assist.

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
You generally need to ask a question :)
Ok. As long as u, especially, don't see anything that's need tweaking, I guess I don't have a question then. Thanks. Was just concerned that 4 grams of maca might be excessive, or 90 mg of zinc would be an issue without copper supplementation.

Thanks again fellas

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok. As long as u, especially, don't see anything that's need tweaking, I guess I don't have a question then. Thanks. Was just concerned that 4 grams of maca might be excessive, or 90 mg of zinc would be an issue without copper supplementation.

Thanks again fellas
See above. You do need tweaking, especially with your vitamin C timing. Plasma saturation occurs at 500mg, and you want to space all vitamin C doses 4 hours apart from training unless you are trying to prevent nitrate-induced gastric nitrosation

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
See above. You do need tweaking, especially with your vitamin C timing. Plasma saturation occurs at 500mg, and you want to space all vitamin C doses 4 hours apart from training unless you are trying to prevent nitrate-induced gastric nitrosation
ok.. cool... the turmeric is a waste? well... the NOW brands turmeric i use has no piperine in it, so should i find a brand that contains it, or just stop supplementing with turmeric altogether?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
ok.. cool... the turmeric is a waste? well... the NOW brands turmeric i use has no piperine in it, so should i find a brand that contains it, or just stop supplementing with turmeric altogether?
Unless you want gut immunity, I'd stop. The issue is not bioavailability but rather solubility, and it won't be distributed to tissues outside the GI tract.

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
To quote madchemist, who actually schooled me in this earlier:

"Curcumin is heavily restricted by its poor solubility and rapid metabolism. In humans taking between 9 and 12 grams of curcumin, the highest plasma concentration observed was 1.8 micromol/ml (anything below 3.8-4 grams is completely undetectable). The en vitro studies which demonstrate an anti-cancer and anti-alzheimers effect use between 5-50 micromol/ml and submit the cell lines to curcumin for hours on end (quite unrealistic)."

nevermind... lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

"Curcumin is heavily restricted by its poor solubility and rapid metabolism. In humans taking between 9 and 12 grams of curcumin, the highest plasma concentration observed was 1.8 micromol/ml (anything below 3.8-4 grams is completely undetectable). The en vitro studies which demonstrate an anti-cancer and anti-alzheimers effect use between 5-50 micromol/ml and submit the cell lines to curcumin for hours on end (quite unrealistic)."

nevermind... lol
Yep :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

nevermind... lol
Nice post!
Any one know if takin this transdermal has better effects?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nice post!
Any one know if takin this transdermal has better effects?
It still would not circumvent the lack of delivery to target tissues, as the solubility remains unchanged. Further, curcumin has a rather high MW for transdermal delivery.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It still would not circumvent the lack of delivery to target tissues, as the solubility remains unchanged. Further, curcumin has a rather high MW for transdermal delivery.
Ah. That makes sense.
There's one product I won't need. ;)