Am I taking too much vitamin B?

  1. Advanced Member
    Jonbero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    739
    Rep Power
    18084
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    99.37%

    Am I taking too much vitamin B?


    I stopped using a multivitamin and I switched to a vitamin B complex

    Serving size 1 tablet;

    Thiamin (B-2) (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 50mg

    Riboflavin (B-2) 12,5mg

    Niacin (as Niacinamide) 50mg

    Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 12,5mg

    Folic Acid 50mcg

    Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 12,5mcg

    Biotin 25mcg

    Panthothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate) 50mg

    Calcium (as Dicalcium Phosphate) 128mg

    Phosphorus 99mg


    I'm taking this 4 times a day

    What do you guys think, too much?
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

  2. Senior Member
    PuZo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    409378
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    40.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbero View Post
    I stopped using a multivitamin and I switched to a vitamin B complex

    Serving size 1 tablet;

    Thiamin (B-2) (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 50mg

    Riboflavin (B-2) 12,5mg

    Niacin (as Niacinamide) 50mg

    Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 12,5mg

    Folic Acid 50mcg

    Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 12,5mcg

    Biotin 25mcg

    Panthothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate) 50mg

    Calcium (as Dicalcium Phosphate) 128mg

    Phosphorus 99mg


    I'm taking this 4 times a day

    What do you guys think, too much?
    Why are you taking it 4 times a day? Why did you stop taking a multi?
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  3. Professional Member
    VaughnTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,914
    Rep Power
    1018911
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    87.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    B vitamins are water soluble. This means your body is very bad at retaining them, so building up unhealthy levels is beyond rare, it is almost impossible.

    Fat soluble vitamins such as vitamin A, build in our fat tissue over time, so they can be dangerous if over consumed.



    Also - that product u listed uses cyanocobalamin which is very poorly absorbing. You're only getting a small fraction of those totals in reality.

    On the other hand, HemaVol has 41,666% of your b12 needs from methylcobalamin, which is near total absorption...even then it's not even 1% of enough to do any damage.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    ForAnAngel's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    24.44%

    You can't take too much vitamin B. You end up pissing most of it out.
  5. Advanced Member
    Jonbero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    739
    Rep Power
    18084
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    99.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    Why are you taking it 4 times a day? Why did you stop taking a multi?
    I've read good things about high dosing b vitamins and I also remember reading that the absorption is very poor.
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali
  6. Advanced Member
    Jonbero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    739
    Rep Power
    18084
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    99.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    B vitamins are water soluble. This means your body is very bad at retaining them, so building up unhealthy levels is beyond rare, it is almost impossible.
    This cleared it up, I knew that the body is very bad at retaining vitamin B but I wasn't sure how much is too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForAnAngel View Post
    You can't take too much vitamin B. You end up pissing most of it out.
    This is the dilemma with multivitamins too. I think you if you wan't to spend $ on multivitamins its fine, but you're going to piss most of it out of your system.
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali
  7. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,589
    Rep Power
    3998031
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    63.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    You should check out Jarrow "B-Right". Its a good B-Complex that doesn't cost much and has the superior form of B12 (Methylcobalamin) and the active form of B6 (P-5-P). I can usually find it for under $8.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  8. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,538
    Rep Power
    6137603
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    76.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    You're fine, but the product blows
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  9. Senior Member
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    141406
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    55.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Yu know yur taking a lot when yur piss practically glows in the dark lol
  10. Advanced Member
    Est1969's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    6231
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    64.09%

    Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    Yu know yur taking a lot when yur piss practically glows in the dark lol
    ^^this. B6 makes my piss look radioactive.
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,421
    Rep Power
    771852
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Has anyone mentioned that you chose a piss poor product?
  12. Advanced Member
    Jonbero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    739
    Rep Power
    18084
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    99.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    You're fine, but the product blows
    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Has anyone mentioned that you chose a piss poor product?
    Yea they mentioned.

    I just picked up a vitamin B complex from Target.

    Feel free to suggest a better one.
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali
  13. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,538
    Rep Power
    6137603
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    76.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbero View Post
    Yea they mentioned.

    I just picked up a vitamin B complex from Target.

    Feel free to suggest a better one.
    Jarrow, AOR, or Swanson
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  14. Professional Member
    PrepNwa23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,360
    Rep Power
    2726318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    37.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Jarrow, AOR, or Swanson
    AOR makes some really good products.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  15. New Member
    dontknowaboutme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    1184
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    24.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    You should check out Jarrow "B-Right". Its a good B-Complex that doesn't cost much and has the superior form of B12 (Methylcobalamin) and the active form of B6 (P-5-P). I can usually find it for under $8.
    ^this^ Jarrow is a good company, plus I personally prefer caps over tabs.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Should i stop taking Vitamin C
    By Hope in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 05:24 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 01:32 AM
  3. Taking Vitamin C
    By TipTopShape in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 10:33 AM
  4. Vitamin E protects testes while taking steroids
    By liquid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 01:03 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in