Would like Pre Workout criticism/advice

ForAnAngel

Awards
Hour before workout - small meal/protein (usually some carbs and a piece of meat)
30 minutes before - Hemavol, Beta-Alanine, and Erase.
20 minutes before - Assault

I just want to know if I'm utilizing my time and product to the best of it's ability and if I can add anything to give me ridiculous workout.

Thinking about taking Purple Wrath for intra workout.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Hour before workout - small meal/protein (usually some carbs and a piece of meat)

I just want to know if I'm utilizing my time and product to the best of it's ability and if I can add anything to give me ridiculous workout.

Thanks all.
I don't think half hour is enough time from your pre workout meal to your Hemavol. I really like to take those ingredients on a completely empty stomach to notice max effects. I'd do the Hemavol on empty stomach, ten minutes later assault, fifteen minutes later pre workout meal. JMO

Haven't used Purple Wraath in years. Solid supplement. But I really like Modern BCAA. Fruit punch tastes great!! Recover Pro looks like a great bang for the buck too.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
assault already has a hefty dose of beta, no need for more....purple wraath is a great intra product with a good amount of beta as well, divide ur beta through out the day....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I don't think half hour is enough time from your pre workout meal to your Hemavol. I really like to take those ingredients on a completely empty stomach to notice max effects. I'd do the Hemavol on empty stomach, ten minutes later assault, fifteen minutes later pre workout meal. JMO
no....do not consume food directly after you take your pwo's...it will negate the effects! complete backwards advice.....not to mention by the time your food digests the pre's would have little to no effect......

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
no....do not consume food directly after you take your pwo's...it will negate the effects! complete backwards advice.....not to mention by the time your food digests the pre's would have little to no effect......
I didn't say directly after. I said pre workout on empty stomach for full absorption and quick digestion. Pre workout meal 15 minutes later. Or better yet 20-30 later. If I eat a meal, I'm still digesting it half hour later, so why would I take my supplements with food already in my stomach?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
consuming your pwo meal after you take your pwo supplements can/will negate the purpose of using a pwo product, not to mention by the time your food digests to workout the pre's would be waring off.....your better off skipping the pre meal all together and just use your supp's for that matter

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
consuming your pwo meal after you take your pwo supplements can/will negate the purpose of using a pwo product, not to mention by the time your food digests to workout the pre's would be waring off.....your better off skipping the pre meal all together and just use your supp's for that matter

I've done it every which way possible. Best thing I've found that works for me after 10 years:

pre workout supps (2-3 hours after last meal on empty stomach)
pre workout meal (1-2 scoops whey / 1 orange) (20-30 minutes after pre workout supps)

By the time I'm drinking my pre workout shake (which is quickly absorbed/digested), my pre workout supps I took half hour prior are already in my bloodstream.

Taking supplements while there is food still in my stomach/digesting leaves them worthless and ineffective. For me.

ForAnAngel

Awards
Alright I'll be sure to eat a couple hours before. Thanks for that. Thought I could squeak that digestive period in there and not have had an issue with the pwo's. Do the other supplements look like a solid choice? I'm digging erase. Hard not to though.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I've done it every which way possible. Best thing I've found that works for me after 10 years:

pre workout supps (2-3 hours after last meal on empty stomach)
pre workout meal (1-2 scoops whey / 1 orange) (20-30 minutes after pre workout supps)

By the time I'm drinking my pre workout shake (which is quickly absorbed/digested), my pre workout supps I took half hour prior are already in my bloodstream.

Taking supplements while there is food still in my stomach/digesting leaves them worthless and ineffective. For me.
im not knocking what works for you....by all means roll with it, his meal is meat and carbs , whole food. a shake is a different story.....i train fasted in the morn so all my supps are consumed on a completely empty stomach so i tend to recommend that route...

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
im not knocking what works for you....by all means roll with it, his meal is meat and carbs , whole food. a shake is a different story.....i train fasted in the morn so all my supps are consumed on a completely empty stomach so i tend to recommend that route...
I hear you. Eating whole food steak too soon pre workout would be sitting in his stomach all workout. Which is why it would be better pushed back. But if that meat is sitting in his stomach throughout the workout taking long to digest, don't you think it will be sitting in his stomach 30 minutes later when he ingests his pre workout supplements?

ForAnAngel

Awards
I want attention in my thread :( haha. Thanks for the advice you two!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Alright I'll be sure to eat a couple hours before. Thanks for that. Thought I could squeak that digestive period in there and not have had an issue with the pwo's. Do the other supplements look like a solid choice? I'm digging erase. Hard not to though.
not a fan of assault anymore but hemavol great choice, erase is tried and true...what i do is 500mg of agmatine, 1.5 scoops white flood pre with 1.5 scoops purple wraath intra....i never eat a pre meal so my opinion is one way, but trial and error is the best way to go

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
not a fan of assault anymore but hemavol great choice, erase is tried and true...what i do is 500mg of agmatine, 1.5 scoops white flood pre with 1.5 scoops purple wraath intra....i never eat a pre meal so my opinion is one way, but trial and error is the best way to go
hemavol looks like a great product. perfect combo of ingredients. I still haven't even tried agmatine. Placing an order right now for SNS agmatine and CMC.

GHO5T

Awards

Thanks all.

IMO i would take the Hemavol and Assault together about 1.5 hours after your small meal/ protein.
What I am currently doing is I will take in 50g of carbs and 30g of protein and mins later i will take Heamavol. On some days I even mix my carbs, protein (Strawberry Protean) and Hemavol all in one and chug it down.

It all really comes down to what works best for you. Are you taking the Assault for the energy?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
IMO i would take the Hemavol and Assault together about 1.5 hours after your small meal/ protein.
What I am currently doing is I will take in 50g of carbs and 30g of protein and mins later i will take Heamavol. On some days I even mix my carbs, protein (Strawberry Protean) and Hemavol all in one and chug it down.

It all really comes down to what works best for you. Are you taking the Assault for the energy?
in this scenario i can see the carbs helping with the hemavol, i also take agmatine with high carb meals through out the day..

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
hemavol looks like a great product. perfect combo of ingredients. I still haven't even tried agmatine. Placing an order right now for SNS agmatine and CMC.
Be sure to keep us posted!

ForAnAngel

Awards
Assault for the creatine, energy, and beta alanine. Plus I love how I feel on it, even though it makes me sweat pretty bad. Anyone else have those symptoms? Mass sweating?