Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

not to mention the mental focus on spotting a pitch as a batter, or reaction time as the fieleder are priceless...

my vote for max intense 1scoop
    15g bcaa
    40g dextrose/trehalose blend
    2g carnitine tartate
    2 g alcar
    3g beta alanine
    3 g creatine
    is tops!!!

well until the iForce intra workout is created

still waiting to here back on flavoring. but it will for sure compete as the top in its class
    New-Man Nutrition Services
    http://www.facebook.com/newmannutrition.newman?ref=ts
    Live Free, Train Hard

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by D3Baseball View Post
    I'll reiterate that stims definitely have a place in baseball. Recall that this is a sport in which elevated heart rate is rarely if ever a factor.

This is not to say that these other ergogens don't have a place, but I think you'd really be missing out on the boost of a mildly stimmed product. I've enjoyed Focus XT, White Flood, Fierce, Hemavol, etc on the baseball field. I was a starting pitcher and the mental boost from caffeine is anecdotally far more beneficial than anything else I've used.
    Eh.. you pitcher types!

Caffeine is far best for you? I am assuming you never tried a racetam?
    The Historic PES Legend
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.53%

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Eh.. you pitcher types!

Caffeine is far best for you? I am assuming you never tried a racetam?
    No response to various racetams. Only one I haven't used is pram, which I surmise even if effective wouldn't be the right choice for a baseball game.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%

No response to various racetams. Only one I haven't used is pram, which I surmise even if effective wouldn't be the right choice for a baseball game.
    Oh yes it would.. the severe nootripic effect of racetams are the only ones to look at due to the cognitive impact without the CNS stimulation. Improved memory, enhanced focus, and improved response are all impacting factors for such a sport. Pitchers get all day they want to do their job, but the batter at the other end has a split second to react, and stimulants give a jumpy edge to someone awaiting the delivery... trying to anticipate the speed and elevation of the ball. Anything that gives a strong CNS impact will show state of higher anticipation.

With your racetam exposure my guess is you didn't dose it with a choline? As racetams utilize choline. Some ALCAR, Choline and Piracetam will turn your lights on in a hurry.
    The Historic PES Legend
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

My vote is for Gatorade Performance.

They only had regular Gatorade when I played and that worked fine for me.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.53%

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Oh yes it would.. the severe nootripic effect of racetams are the only ones to look at due to the cognitive impact without the CNS stimulation. Improved memory, enhanced focus, and improved response are all impacting factors for such a sport. Pitchers get all day they want to do their job, but the batter at the other end has a split second to react, and stimulants give a jumpy edge to someone awaiting the delivery... trying to anticipate the speed and elevation of the ball. Anything that gives a strong CNS impact will show state of higher anticipation.

With your racetam exposure my guess is you didn't dose it with a choline? As racetams utilize choline. Some ALCAR, Choline and Piracetam will turn your lights on in a hurry.
    I've tried just about every dosing protocol out there, including with choline, having choline at a separate time, no choline, just about everything. I've surmised maybe a slight increase in clarity (I have ADD) but it could easily be a placebo effect. ALCAR has presented a similar non-effect for me, except giving me tremendous headaches when I was on a keto diet.

Basically - user dependence for the loss
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What it really comes down to is the player and how they react to stims.

I was the type of player where if I was over anxious or the nerves kicked in too much id overthink and make errors and have trouble at the plate. Which is why red bull or too much caffeine before a game was usually like kryptonite for me.

However, dmaa and a touch if caffeine puts me more in the zone rather than jumpy, and would actually help me focus and in a way loosen me up. I would take one or two Ergopharm AMP and feel great, which was if you remember the first dmaa product.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Greenies (amphetamines) were huge in MLB up until they started testing for them.

If I were still playing now , depending how I was feeling the day of a game id consider ALCAR, choline, and a touch of dmaa.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  8. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%

I've tried just about every dosing protocol out there, including with choline, having choline at a separate time, no choline, just about everything. I've surmised maybe a slight increase in clarity (I have ADD) but it could easily be a placebo effect. ALCAR has presented a similar non-effect for me, except giving me tremendous headaches when I was on a keto diet.

Basically - user dependence for the loss
    Ahh... Didnt realize you have ADD... so psychoactive stimulants will have a differing effect than most. most nootropic compounds might not even have any effect as you are seeing. The brain chemistry is a tricky animal.
    The Historic PES Legend

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone else sick of the supplement game?
    By Liftingstud in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 10:04 AM
  2. THE SUPPLEMENT GAME
    By drewbolic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 05:06 PM
  3. AP and baseball
    By Olears20 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 03:29 PM
  4. Supplement Recommendations for Baseball Player