Best Pre-game Baseball Supplement

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw">YouTube Link</a>
    I LOL'd. This app has to let you rep people. I owe so many of you reps
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  219 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kokobeware2

I LOL'd. This app has to let you rep people. I owe so many of you reps
    It really is kind of aggravating that you can't do that. So many people I need to neg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Level9Germ View Post
    Common bro why would u take d Bol just take plain steroids if ur gonna do it since first place
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_SEALs View Post
    I dont want titties.... will that product work for a SERM?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Blah blah blah some big huge science words and what not.... Use Neogenix BodyForge its the bestest.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Blah blah blah some big huge science words and what not.... Use PMS Black Liver its the bestest.
    fixed
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

I don't know how many people here actually played ball. But here is something coming from someone who did.

Stay away from the stims for a ball game. Jack3d, Craze, SuperStim v.9.5 (Yes I know it isnt real).. etc. Those are about the absolute worst thing you can do for yourself before a ball game. The concentration and timing required for putting the barrel on a ball will be completely thrown off with a strong psychoactive.

I didn't care to read this thread because it looks like there is a break down. But OP, stay away from the powerful stims for a ball game.
    The Historic PES Legend
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    And while we're at it, let's do our homework here, folks. The amount of theobromine contained in Ultra Reps is very low dosed. At this dose, the intent and effect was NOT stimulatory. It does, however, enable the user to breathe deeper and easier, which would be a very good affect for anyone who is looking to increase their performance in athletics of any sort. In addition to this, the main focus of Ultra Reps is to provide the endurance and duration to continue without the painful burn. Just like Carnobolic before it, Ultra Reps greatly fights muscle fatigue, enabling a runner to run longer, a football player to go harder, etc..

Where I get confused with a Hemavol recommendation, as I would with any other supposed "extremely potent pump product" is the case where an athlete actually does get really "pumped" with use. I know that any time I have used a successful product of this sort, my muscles were engorged to the point where I was having difficulty getting a full range of motion. I'm not exactly sure why that would be so helpful in sports. If one is playing baseball, wouldn't a bicep pump inhibit the players ability to fully swing the bat, throwing their natural "aim" off a bit? Would a football player not be able to run quite as well? I see this product more in line for those who are at a gym doing a workout, not for someone in a sports setting. This is the sort of thing that you want in the gym in order to lift more, recover better, and grow. It's NOT what you want if you are looking to increase endurance and performance "on the field".

Happy medium: Use Hemavol or something similar in your training. For the purpose of this thread, use Ultra Reps pre-game.
    A stimulant is still a stimulant regardless of it's use.

Hemavol is just as much of an endurance product as it is a pump product. I am not debating which is better than the other or stim vs non-stim, but scientifically speaking, theobromine is a stimulant and will always be classified as such.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I remember this one time I thought was actually having a 3some, but it turns out I was alone the entire time. Most amazing day of my life.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

bump for answer
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast
    bump for answer
    Was there a question in here?
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Was there a question in here?
    I think that's why mommy and daddy were fighting in here.

I got scared and covered my ears
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.

I'd check out nimbus harmony

Harmony is a NON Proprietary formula that consist of amino acids, vitamins and minerals which provide an overall feeling of wellbeing. Harmony delivers a calm, yet acute sense of awareness. Harmony also contains vitamins to help in the recovery and repair of your central nervous system so you can feel naturally better longer.

You will not find another product with as little stims as this, that makes you feel the way Harmony does. Nimbus does not rely on heavy stims to give you that "feeling", instead we use proven ingredients that work in conjuction with eachother. This is one of the most responisble low stimmed products on the market. The versatility of this product is like no other. It can be taken in replacement of coffee, energy drinks, in a causual setting, etc.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  219 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stopstalking
    in a causual setting, etc.
    wow that's a relief! I'm always nervous about taking a supplement while I'm wearing sweats and flip flops in my front room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Level9Germ View Post
    Common bro why would u take d Bol just take plain steroids if ur gonna do it since first place
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_SEALs View Post
    I dont want titties.... will that product work for a SERM?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I remember this one time I thought was actually having a 3some, but it turns out I was alone the entire time. Most amazing day of my life.
    How much Craze did you take that DAY!
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    How much Craze did you take that DAY!
    It was about equal to the same amount of "douche" you took that day. =)
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyPaz View Post
    Any suggestions as to what supplement to use (for focus and power)?

Right now, I'm thinking Craze.

Thanks!
    With me it was always Alleve or ibuprofen- I have had constant tendonitis in my pitching (right) arm since I was 16- every time my velocity would get over 90 mph, it would crop right back up....to the point now where I can't even throw a baseball/softball w/o pain

RPM and Drive are great for focus and aggression
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Did we ever come to a consensus on this?
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Did we ever come to a consensus on this?
    Good: Racetame's with a cholergenic.

Bad: Legal speed (Ephedrine, Jack3d, Craze, etc).

What is good for most, definitely not good for a concentration sport. Your bat will be swinging ahead of that ball every time.
    The Historic PES Legend
  19. Member
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by stopstalking View Post
    I'd check out nimbus harmony

Harmony is a NON Proprietary formula that consist of amino acids, vitamins and minerals which provide an overall feeling of wellbeing. Harmony delivers a calm, yet acute sense of awareness. Harmony also contains vitamins to help in the recovery and repair of your central nervous system so you can feel naturally better longer.

You will not find another product with as little stims as this, that makes you feel the way Harmony does. Nimbus does not rely on heavy stims to give you that "feeling", instead we use proven ingredients that work in conjuction with eachother. This is one of the most responisble low stimmed products on the market. The versatility of this product is like no other. It can be taken in replacement of coffee, energy drinks, in a causual setting, etc.
    Nimbus Nutrition Harmony is a great option, however I found that our BodyGuard formula worked best for me when I was playing Semi-Pro Football. BodyGuard was stim free, and I agree with Vaughn that stim free is the way to go with sports.

Hydration is huge with any sport, and BodyGuard will make sure your body stays hydrated during the game and keep you from suffering cramps, etc.

BodyGuard consist of the following:
    - Poseidon Complex
    - 7g BCAAs
    - 1.6g Beta Alanine
    - Simple & Sustained Carbs
    - Loaded with Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) for natural energy

Mix 2 servings of this up in a water bottle and start sipping on it pre-game, as well as through the game. You will notice that your hydration is great, as well as you energy levels. This product really did wonders for me as I was playing in the trenches.
    ~ Still Around ~
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

I'll reiterate that stims definitely have a place in baseball. Recall that this is a sport in which elevated heart rate is rarely if ever a factor.

This is not to say that these other ergogens don't have a place, but I think you'd really be missing out on the boost of a mildly stimmed product. I've enjoyed Focus XT, White Flood, Fierce, Hemavol, etc on the baseball field. I was a starting pitcher and the mental boost from caffeine is anecdotally far more beneficial than anything else I've used.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

not to mention the mental focus on spotting a pitch as a batter, or reaction time as the fieleder are priceless...

my vote for max intense 1scoop
    15g bcaa
    40g dextrose/trehalose blend
    2g carnitine tartate
    2 g alcar
    3g beta alanine
    3 g creatine
    is tops!!!

well until the iForce intra workout is created

still waiting to here back on flavoring. but it will for sure compete as the top in its class
    New-Man Nutrition Services
    http://www.facebook.com/newmannutrition.newman?ref=ts
    Live Free, Train Hard
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by D3Baseball View Post
    I'll reiterate that stims definitely have a place in baseball. Recall that this is a sport in which elevated heart rate is rarely if ever a factor.

This is not to say that these other ergogens don't have a place, but I think you'd really be missing out on the boost of a mildly stimmed product. I've enjoyed Focus XT, White Flood, Fierce, Hemavol, etc on the baseball field. I was a starting pitcher and the mental boost from caffeine is anecdotally far more beneficial than anything else I've used.
    Eh.. you pitcher types!

Caffeine is far best for you? I am assuming you never tried a racetam?
    The Historic PES Legend
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Eh.. you pitcher types!

Caffeine is far best for you? I am assuming you never tried a racetam?
    No response to various racetams. Only one I haven't used is pram, which I surmise even if effective wouldn't be the right choice for a baseball game.
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

No response to various racetams. Only one I haven't used is pram, which I surmise even if effective wouldn't be the right choice for a baseball game.
    Oh yes it would.. the severe nootripic effect of racetams are the only ones to look at due to the cognitive impact without the CNS stimulation. Improved memory, enhanced focus, and improved response are all impacting factors for such a sport. Pitchers get all day they want to do their job, but the batter at the other end has a split second to react, and stimulants give a jumpy edge to someone awaiting the delivery... trying to anticipate the speed and elevation of the ball. Anything that gives a strong CNS impact will show state of higher anticipation.

With your racetam exposure my guess is you didn't dose it with a choline? As racetams utilize choline. Some ALCAR, Choline and Piracetam will turn your lights on in a hurry.
    The Historic PES Legend
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

My vote is for Gatorade Performance.

They only had regular Gatorade when I played and that worked fine for me.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Oh yes it would.. the severe nootripic effect of racetams are the only ones to look at due to the cognitive impact without the CNS stimulation. Improved memory, enhanced focus, and improved response are all impacting factors for such a sport. Pitchers get all day they want to do their job, but the batter at the other end has a split second to react, and stimulants give a jumpy edge to someone awaiting the delivery... trying to anticipate the speed and elevation of the ball. Anything that gives a strong CNS impact will show state of higher anticipation.

With your racetam exposure my guess is you didn't dose it with a choline? As racetams utilize choline. Some ALCAR, Choline and Piracetam will turn your lights on in a hurry.
    I've tried just about every dosing protocol out there, including with choline, having choline at a separate time, no choline, just about everything. I've surmised maybe a slight increase in clarity (I have ADD) but it could easily be a placebo effect. ALCAR has presented a similar non-effect for me, except giving me tremendous headaches when I was on a keto diet.

Basically - user dependence for the loss
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

What it really comes down to is the player and how they react to stims.

I was the type of player where if I was over anxious or the nerves kicked in too much id overthink and make errors and have trouble at the plate. Which is why red bull or too much caffeine before a game was usually like kryptonite for me.

However, dmaa and a touch if caffeine puts me more in the zone rather than jumpy, and would actually help me focus and in a way loosen me up. I would take one or two Ergopharm AMP and feel great, which was if you remember the first dmaa product.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Greenies (amphetamines) were huge in MLB up until they started testing for them.

If I were still playing now , depending how I was feeling the day of a game id consider ALCAR, choline, and a touch of dmaa.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  28. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

I've tried just about every dosing protocol out there, including with choline, having choline at a separate time, no choline, just about everything. I've surmised maybe a slight increase in clarity (I have ADD) but it could easily be a placebo effect. ALCAR has presented a similar non-effect for me, except giving me tremendous headaches when I was on a keto diet.

Basically - user dependence for the loss
    Ahh... Didnt realize you have ADD... so psychoactive stimulants will have a differing effect than most. most nootropic compounds might not even have any effect as you are seeing. The brain chemistry is a tricky animal.
    The Historic PES Legend
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone else sick of the supplement game?
    By Liftingstud in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 08:04 AM
  2. THE SUPPLEMENT GAME
    By drewbolic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 03:06 PM
  3. AP and baseball
    By Olears20 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 01:29 PM
  4. Supplement Recommendations for Baseball Player