Amphetamines hinder muscle gains??

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards
Some pre-workouts that I take (Jack3d & HemoRage) have compounds that are similar to amphetamines (DMAA & Schizandrol). They make your ****ing heart beat superfast, because they are Central nervous system stims. Can taking these amphetamine like supps hinder muscle gains? also I am about to be prescribed adderall, but refusing because I dont want to hinder muscle gains, can anyone let me know if they find out anymore information? Thanks

chimeranD

Awards
Only in that they can reduce your appetite a lot. If you can still get all the calories in that you need you'll be fine.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Then take Dexaprine which has an uncoupling agent and will prevent you from muscle loss that some of these formulas may do ;)

aceroni

Awards
I dont believe amphetamines cause muscle loss, but the dehydration and the fact that you don't eat while on them- may hinder muscle gains...

get in your water, get in your cals, and you should be fine.. I know eating REALLY sucks on adderall, smoke a little weed when you take your addy and you will be able to eat throughout the day-- just my experience.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
I dont believe amphetamines cause muscle loss, but the dehydration and the fact that you don't eat while on them- may hinder muscle gains...

get in your water, get in your cals, and you should be fine.. I know eating REALLY sucks on adderall, smoke a little weed when you take your addy and you will be able to eat throughout the day-- just my experience.
BROscience at it's finest...

aceroni

Awards
BROscience at it's finest...
Wheres the broscience you ****ing idiot?

Everyone knows a dehydrated muscle is a catabolic muscle. And if you dont eat calories you're not gonna grow. Thats not broscience, its REAL LIFE. I'm just trying to help, unlike you, who doesnt have anything but negativity.
Take your negativity and shove it up your ass

EDIT:: If you've ever taken adderall, you know they make you dehydrated, If you've ever taken adderall, you know they make it hard to eat. Obviously you havent, cause you dont know ****.

Fast90

Awards
Adderall sets me back about a week not to mention eating is practically impossible. As a suggestion I would use the instant not the extended release, eating is much easier with the instants

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Wheres the broscience you ****ing idiot?

Everyone knows a dehydrated muscle is a catabolic muscle. And if you dont eat calories you're not gonna grow. Thats not broscience, its REAL LIFE. I'm just trying to help, unlike you, who doesnt have anything but negativity.
Take your negativity and shove it up your ass

EDIT:: If you've ever taken adderall, you know they make you dehydrated, If you've ever taken adderall, you know they make it hard to eat. Obviously you havent, cause you dont know ****.
Ok Dr. Oz, telling anyone to smoke weed isn't good advice. I don't see how you can defend it and say it is? I was being sarcastic but you can freak out if you want...

As for telling me to shove my negativity up my ass, grow up...act like an adult.

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards
Yo thanks a ton man but I'm super straightedge about weed just dislike it sorry man btw I'm 140 5'5", do an upperbody/lower body split (alternating everyday) trying to bulk now. I think I'm good on the cals I eat about 5400 a day. Just not so sure about the water I drink 4 liters a day. Maybe that's why I feel tiered some time you think??

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Here is better advice...consult your doctor who prescribed it...tell him your concerns and ask him if you supplement something like Anabeta to increase your appetite.

If you like the idea of smoking weed and medical marijuanna isn't legal in your State YET (because eventually it will be legal for everyone but government employees and professional athletes) Ask your doctor about Dronabinol. It is prescribed to restore your appetite. This is a medical form of marijuana that contains cannabinoids such as THC, which help increase appetite...

I doubt you could ever get this prescribed to you as a young adult. It is probably used for recovering Chemotherapy patients and other diseases and treatments that cause muscle loss, appetite loss, etc...But hey, I told my doctor "I can't concentrate, I want Adderall" When I was in highschool and he prescribed me the Orange Time Release good **** pills...Maybe saying "I'm not hungry" will get you some synthetic weed.

http://www.rxlist.com/marinol-drug/patient-images-side-effects.htm

EDIT: Also...B-Complex Vitamins, Supplementing Garlic and eating things with Chayenne Pepper are also godo ways to boost your appettite. Choke down a weight gainer if you can't get your normal calories in.

Aceroni: Can I have my rep points back now? They mean a lot to me little guy.

Last edited:

aceroni

Awards
You're right drizzie i obv got too pissed for no reason... my bad, and yes. I need to spread some rep pts around first (according to anabolicminds). I apologize for being an idiot... I'll get you those points as soon as i can...
But you dont need to be a jackass and put "b/c im smarter than ace blah blah blah little guy blah blah blah..."...
You know a few things, but i'm not dumb either. I have a bachelors degree in biomedical sciences, and ive won my weight class in multiple natural BB shows............. BRAH........................................
So as far as me being dumb, sorry, no. And little? yeah I'm no ifbb pro but i'm bigger than 90% of the dudes in my gym my age who are also natural... so... yeah...............

but those are all good points for natural hunger increases..

but like you said yourself MJ has medical values. I am a medical patient. I wasnt telling him to get high every minute of the day, I was simply saying it combats the effects of adderall. Which do you think is worse for you hmmmm...?
The answer is obvious.

Also marijuana can be consumed safely with a vaporizer.. so the whole "smoking is bad" is out bud..

aceroni

Awards
Well my man 5400 calories is quite alot... honestly.. And 4 liters of water is roughly a gallon of water. Some people tend to get daytime fatigue due to being dehydrated, but i dont think that is why you are tired.. More than likely, you're not dehydrated if you're drinking 1gal every day...
As far as you being on adderall, that may be affecting your sleep enough to make you tired. Idk about you, but when I would take that stuff i would have trouble sleeping at night.. and I would be tired the following day, regardless of if i took another addy or not..

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Amphetamines won't catabolize muscle to any significant degree in the context of a sufficient diet and exercise routine.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
You're right drizzie i obv got too pissed for no reason... my bad, and yes. I need to spread some rep pts around first (according to anabolicminds). I apologize for being an idiot... I'll get you those points as soon as i can...
But you dont need to be a jackass and put "b/c im smarter than ace blah blah blah little guy blah blah blah..."...
You know a few things, but i'm not dumb either. I have a bachelors degree in biomedical sciences, and ive won my weight class in multiple natural BB shows............. BRAH........................................
So as far as me being dumb, sorry, no. And little? yeah I'm no ifbb pro but i'm bigger than 90% of the dudes in my gym my age who are also natural... so... yeah...............

but those are all good points for natural hunger increases..

but like you said yourself MJ has medical values. I am a medical patient. I wasnt telling him to get high every minute of the day, I was simply saying it combats the effects of adderall. Which do you think is worse for you hmmmm...?
The answer is obvious.

Also marijuana can be consumed safely with a vaporizer.. so the whole "smoking is bad" is out bud..
I can respect that...truce man...truce... I've been prescribed aderall and smoked a lot of bud in my lifetime... I was jk with the bro science comment anyways... The whole smarter than comment was me being a dick like you were... But hey we are cool now. Congrats on your wins. I want to compete next year.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Well my man 5400 calories is quite alot... honestly.. And 4 liters of water is roughly a gallon of water. Some people tend to get daytime fatigue due to being dehydrated, but i dont think that is why you are tired.. More than likely, you're not dehydrated if you're drinking 1gal every day...
As far as you being on adderall, that may be affecting your sleep enough to make you tired. Idk about you, but when I would take that stuff i would have trouble sleeping at night.. and I would be tired the following day, regardless of if i took another addy or not..
Is it tired or zoned out bc that sh!t made me zone out really bad..especially in higher doses...

aceroni

Awards
idk bro i couldn't zone out on adderall.. I was go go gog gog og go go.. esp at like, one or two 10mg instant releases.. but i would be tired from the lack of sleep, not from the addies...

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards
dude me to i come home from school around like 3 and tiered as **** sum times, also for ****ty sleep (due to adderall) i take melatonin sum times helps with a deep sleep

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
I am truly loving the amount of 5th grade spelling on this thread. Makes me feel young again ;)