Strength of muscle contraction?

quadfamily

Awards
Okay, I need help. I feel as if I am unable to contract my muscles with sufficient strength to cause hypertrophy. I lift to failure, but I never get sore, and don’t seam to grow.

I am 42 yo, 190 lbs, 15%bf and in good over all condition. I have been a recreational athlete/lifter for 20 years. I havent done a blood test, but feel as if testosterone if at least normal.

What supplements, anything except steroids, would help with muscle contraction strength? Is there a chemical process within the muscles to look at for the answer? (to much or not enough of a mineral or some such thing?)

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
What is your diet like?

What other supplements are you taking currently?
Include staples.

What does your training look like? How heavy do you go?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, I need help. I feel as if I am unable to contract my muscles with sufficient strength to cause hypertrophy. I lift to failure, but I never get sore, and don’t seam to grow.

I am 42 yo, 190 lbs, 15%bf and in good over all condition. I have been a recreational athlete/lifter for 20 years. I havent done a blood test, but feel as if testosterone if at least normal.

What supplements, anything except steroids, would help with muscle contraction strength? Is there a chemical process within the muscles to look at for the answer? (to much or not enough of a mineral or some such thing?)

Looks like you dont have the "mind muscle connection".

Instead of trying to supplement for this, you need to analyze your workout form. To me, it sounds like you're using too heavy of weights, resulting in poor form and the recruitment of motor units in other muscle groups.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This^^^ Do some light weight, high rep routines to really feel the muscle working.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • soreness doesn't equal hypertrophy
  • growing or not is more diet related
  • guessing your testosterone level is fine is silly as easy as it is to get it tested.