Good leg workout? - AnabolicMinds.com

Good leg workout?

1. New Member

Good leg workout?

I am a pitcher and I am looking for a good leg workout

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

better off posting in the workout section
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Or you could just do squats and lunges, which everyone knows works best.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Are you familiar with box squats and how to do them properly (e.g. sitting back onto the box, slight pause, flared knees, etc.)?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Try and touch your ars to the ground on squats
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

And get down like you're in the bottom of a squat (catcher position) and walk around, you'll feel like a fool but it will help build those hip flexors. Also jump from the position to improve reaction time that is ideal as a catcher. Good luck bro, I got these from my high school baseball coach who fosters tons of college athletes and a couple professional athletes (Brandon Nimmo)
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

squats, lunges, deadlifts

when i played football, i would do squats and deads then go on the field and with a 35lb bar on my back do squat jumps and lunges down the field and back
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40 View Post
    And get down like you're in the bottom of a squat (catcher position) and walk around, you'll feel like a fool but it will help build those hip flexors. Also jump from the position to improve reaction time that is ideal as a catcher. Good luck bro, I got these from my high school baseball coach who fosters tons of college athletes and a couple professional athletes (Brandon Nimmo)
    He said he's a pitcher.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

He said he's a pitcher.
    That he did, I'm embarrassed haha well I'd do lunges
  10. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40

That he did, I'm embarrassed haha well I'd do lunges
    & when doing lunges keep knee from going over the toes.

Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  11. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Back Squats -5x5
    Romanian Deadlifts - 3x8
    Leg Press/Hack Squat - 3x10
    Long-Stride Walking Lunges - 4x12

Boom
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. sal

Best leg workout

Leg press 4x800lbs
    Leg extensions 4x250lbs
    Leg curls 4x180lbs
    Inner and outer thighs
    Calf lifts 4x120lbs
  13. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Best leg workout

Leg press 4x800lbs
    Leg extensions 4x250lbs
    Leg curls 4x180lbs
    Inner and outer thighs
    Calf lifts 4x120lbs
    I liked the part with the free weights
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Best leg workout

Leg press 4x800lbs
    Leg extensions 4x250lbs
    Leg curls 4x180lbs
    Inner and outer thighs
    Calf lifts 4x120lbs
    Maybe if you are afraid of the squat rack or there is some idiot doing curls in it. Otherwise there is no excuse for not including squats or lunges into any leg workout.
  15. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

I liked the part with the free weights
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

Squat: 3 working sets 4-6 range/ 5 lighter sets 8-12 range. Not a big deal.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  258 lbs.

Leg Extensions 3x20 (warm-up)
    One-Legged Leg Press 4x20-25 + Add weight do 15, 12, 10, 8
    Squats 2 warm-up, 3 working heavy of 12
    One-legged extensions 3x15
  18. New Member

Below are few easy exercises for legs :

Leg Physical exercise 1: Lunges

Lunges function the majority of the muscle tissue inside your thighs and bottom with one easy exercise:Lunge Lower-leg Exercise
    Picture by Nearby Fitness

Stand together with your feet regarding shoulder-width apart after which take 1 giant advance together with your correct foot.
    Place both hands with your sides for stability after which decrease your body lower until your own back lower-leg forms the right angle in the knee.
    Using your own leg muscles, gradually raise your self back up.
    Repeat the actual movement with regard to 3 models of Thirty repetitions for every leg.

Suggestion: Make sure to keep the upper body aimed above the leg which is curved and increase and lower gradually to obtain the obtain the most.

If you have leg problems, alter this lower-leg exercise if you take a more compact step forward in support of drop lower so far as feels safe. While lunges make the perfect toning physical exercise for thighs, some individuals along with knee difficulties might have to prevent lunging entirely. If that's the case, a good amount of additional exercises reinforce the thighs without putting an excessive amount of tension around the legs.

Leg Physical exercise 2: Pliès

Pliès are among the simplest ways in order to tone the actual inner as well as outer upper thighs and you may result in the exercise because intense or even moderate since you need.

Stand using your ft marginally alot more compared to shoulder-width apart.
    Take 1 small come out with every foot after which turn the feet outward just like a duck.
    Place both hands in your hips or even support the back again of a seat for assistance.
    Keeping you back again straight, lightly decrease your system down regarding six in . after which increase it support slowly.
    Repeat the actual movement with regard to three models of Thirty repetitions.

Suggestion: Whenever you edge without employing impetus, the muscle tissue must continue to work harder, and they turn out to be stronger quicker. You may alter pliès almost forever. You'll be able to decrease down pretty much based on your requirements, move the feet closer collectively or further apart, as well as work on your own core muscle tissue by keeping one equip curved too deep and also the additional when in front of the body a lá the ballet professional dancer.

If you want much more challenge, perform a full group of pliès, as well as on the actual thirtieth repetition, contain the lowered placement for Just a few seconds. Just after the Just a few seconds, gently heartbeat your body down and up a maximum of several inches for an additional 30 seconds.

Lower-leg Exercise Three: Heel Raises

Heel Raises work the actual calf muscles. Calf muscles tend to react to strengthening quickly and acquire definition within days, which means this exercise could be rewarding for those who like quick results.

Stand together with your feet somewhat wider compared to shoulder-width apart. You might want to place both hands on your sides to assist along with balance.
    Raise the body up on your tiptoes as well as hold this a couple of mere seconds. Small of the back lower slowly.
    Repeat this particular leg physical exercise for 3 sets associated with 40 heel raises.

When you're ready for any bigger problem, get up on the stair or even sturdy raised surface and allow your heels suspend off the advantage. Slowly increase and lower the body for 3 sets associated with 25 reps. Make use of this physical exercise at the office if you take the stairs as well as stepping just halfway on to the next phase, making your calf muscles to operate tougher.

Leg Physical exercise 4: Squats

Squats are a good exercise in order to firm as well as shape your own buttocks as well as upper thighs.

Stand together with your feet regarding shoulder-width apart as well as arms because of your sides.
    Keep a vertical posture as well as slowly reduce buttocks as if regarding to take a seat within a seat. Lower a number of inches after which slowly operate.
    Do three models of Twenty squats.

Tip: For those who have knee discomfort with squats, decrease your body just as much as you are able to pain free, or even skip this particular exercise.

Lower-leg Exercise Five: Lateral Raises
    For that external thighs:

Begin together with your weight in your left feet as well as your correct foot stated at a good angle.
    Hold onto a seat or walls for stability and gradually raise minimizing your correct leg to along side it. It's not necessary to raise your lower-leg high; simply raise it as being far out of the box comfortable.
    Do a minimum of 3 models of Twenty repetitions for every leg.

For that inner upper thighs:

Stand again together with your weight in your left feet.
    Raise and stage your correct foot before you.
    Slowly proceed your correct foot as well as leg throughout your remaining leg. If you don't feel tension inside your internal thigh, change your lower-leg in order that the internal thigh is actually facing the actual ceiling as well as slowly attract the leg backwards and forwards round the additional.
    Repeat for Three sets associated with 20 reps for every lower-leg.

Strong, wholesome legs count your time and effort, plus they respond rapidly to physical exercise. Incorporate squats as well as lunges into arbitrary areas of your entire day - cleaning your tooth, doing washing, washing meals - as well as you’ll be amazed at how quickly your thighs shape upward!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  163 lbs.

This one's pretty brutal:

Leg Press: start with 2 plates, 10 reps. keep going, adding a plate to each side until you can only hit 8, pyramid back down.
    Squats: 4 sets of 10-12
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. I need a good 5x5 workout,anybody have one?
    By Steelhead9 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
  2. Is this a good workout for me?
    By xpin2winx in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 08:42 PM
  3. Good Pre-workout
    By D3vildog in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
  4. How do i know if i have had a good workout?
    By Inchamery in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 03:50 AM
  5. You know you had a good leg workout when
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 09:45 AM