Phenibut`s effects on the heart?

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
I was diagnose with congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy a year ago due to a viral invection. Imunne system was low and virus repeatedly infected me at my office. Eventually my heart gave up.crazy...

Ef rate was 14% at acute stage. Last November my .ef was 27% taken meds and seeing improvements

I workout again but diff this time. Cardio, low weights high reps

I dont do recreational substances anymore. Gears r a thing of the past now for me.

Im nota abuser either these substances were not the cause of my heart condition according to a number of.cardiologist. But was told that i can never touch them again

Ive forgotten about phenibut and i couldnt find alot of info on its effects with the heart unless u are going threw withdrals- increase heart rate
Can anyone shed some light with effects , pros and cons on the heart?

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Error on the side of caution. Especially if you already have chf. If you think you need something like phenibut talk to your dr.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Error on the side of caution. Especially if you already have chf. If you think you need something like phenibut talk to your dr.
Best advice right here. Anytime a diagnosis has taken place...it is best to consult with a professional before taking anything really. You never know what can counteract with any issue you are going through!

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Doctor cant answer my question in regards to phenibut's effects on the heart lol. Dr`s only study medications prescription meds. Theres no money for them in supps. Thats why they were never taught.

Maybe a nautroupath? Cost wud b high to find out.

Im not asking anyone if i should take them, im asking if anyone knows the effects on the heart:)

coq10 is a supp that any of the dr's knew about. Its sad to know drs r only educated with pharmaceutical substances geared t make m

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Doctor cant answer my question in regards to phenibut's effects on the heart lol. Dr`s only study medications prescription meds. Theres no money for them in supps. Thats why they were never taught.

Im not asking anyone if i should take them, im asking if anyone knows the effects on the heart:)

coq10 is a supp that any of the dr's knew about. Its sad to know drs r only educated with pharmaceutical substances geared t make m
200mg of ubiquinol is useful btw......but I had the same problem as you, viral or genetic or from stims/supps/gear? who knows, but I went from 10% to 20% to 30% to 40% to who knows what % now, haven't had an echo for 2 years....was supposed to last year but other things got in the way. I'm 7 years removed from the 10% EF deal, so I'm farther along than you.....but yeah, its trial and error unfortunately. You have to just take the supp, adjust the dosage if you can, and monitor your BP/heart rate etc.....see how it affects you. then you note how it affects you, and if its having an adverse effect on your BP and heart rate? never use it again. slight rises in both are acceptable for short cycles, but nothing major is acceptable for me personally. Can't tell you the stuff I have taken that raises Thyroid output, and I was unaware, then my hearts racing like crazy....OK, don't do THAT again. Some PH's raise my BP, some don't. Some things raise my heart rate some don't. I will say at your stage I'd not mess with anything like this just yet....until you get to at least above half normal (say north of 30%, which you're just about right there now, btw whats with the non-rounded % #'s? weird doc LOL)....I didn't mess with anything other than protein and vitamins for about 5 or more years. As you said, lifted light to moderate....nothing heavy.....took my meds and waited to get better. I feel strong enough to dabble in the anabolic stuff again the past few years....but I never messed with the stuff till I felt i was at least 75% of my former self....and even now I have to watch myself like a hawk and make sure I don't take the more dangerous stuff, if you have a heart problem that makes it even MORE necessary to take care of your liver

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established

True. I got nothing. Just buy iForce Hemavol. It will solve all your life problems. LOL!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Hemavol would increase blood volume and blood pressure due to the glycerol. CHF patients are usually on diuretics to reduce volume and pressure... So bad idea.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards

Phenibut is a prescription med (in several countries) and is talked about in medical journals. Just a fyi. As for effect on the heart that isn't the only problem, the way it works with other meds you are taking is the unknown.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
True. I got nothing. Just buy iForce Hemavol. It will solve all your life problems. LOL!
Op just for the record, I'm about 99.999% certain th3futr3 was joking, but I'd avoid Hemavol and pump products if you have CHF.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wait, WHAT???? Wow... I've seen some bad repping in my day. I've seen some bad advice given. But really? The man has congestive heart failure and you're still trying to try to push a product on him that can be very dangerous and potentially fatal? Wow... I'm just... wow.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why are you even taking phenibut?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait, WHAT???? Wow... I've seen some bad repping in my day. I've seen some bad advice given. But really? The man has congestive heart failure and you're still trying to try to push a product on him that can be very dangerous and potentially fatal? Wow... I'm just... wow.
i agree that simply pushing the product in that way was not the best idea. Nik can get very excited at times which makes him a great guy, but information like this isn't the best to give out.

OP - as others have stated, get with a doctor. With a heart condition such as yours, I would use supplements EXTREMELY infrequently.