Mixing whey, creatine and glutamine

AH15AH

AH15AH

Awards
Hi,

I tried to search for so many threads regarding this subject but couldn't find a convincing one!
I will describe the below case and I'm sure I'll get the desired reply:

Morning:
1scoop whey + 1scoop glutamine mixed with water

Per-workout:
2 scoops jack 3d mixed with water

Post workout: both shakes are taken instantly:
1scoop whey + 1scoop glutamine mixed with water
1scoop creatine mixed with water

I am taking creatine separately because I have been told at the gym it's better that way.

Questions:

1- is what I'm taken ok the way it is? Morning pre and post workout? Any better suggestion?
2- can I mix in the post workout phase all 3 ingredients together? Or keep taking them separately
3- should I take in the post or knout phase both shakes instantly after workout or wait a specific moment?

Thank you very much,
Assaad

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
You can mix all 3. Glutamine, whey and creatine. Other then that looks good and simple, If its working for you stick with it, but you can mix all 3.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine supplementation has been found to have no benefits in a weightlifting context, so if you're seeking ergogenic benefits such as enhanced recovery after working out, your faith in free-form glutamine is misplaced. In a general health context, it may be more useful but I find it a waste of money.

I also believe there are many other better preworkouts than Jack3d available - please use stimulants responsibly. People using ridiculous amounts of 1,3 DMAA are why we can't have nice things. :D

As far as mixing whey protein and creatine goes, it is not of concern. You can mix them. Additionally, nutrient timing is, I feel, mostly irrelevant. Take your protein or creatine shake at your convenience as part of meeting your daily macronutrient goals.

Take 3-5g of creatine monohydrate per day (based on your bodyweight) at your convenience, whenever you feel like. You don't need an insulin spike, you don't need to cycle, you don't need to load. I use SNS creatine monohydrate because it's high quality, undergoes third-party testing for every batch, and is insanely cheap for 1200g (240+ servings).

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glutamine supplementation has been found to have no benefits in a weightlifting context, so if you're seeking ergogenic benefits such as enhanced recovery after working out, your faith in free-form glutamine is misplaced. In a general health context, it may be more useful but I find it a waste of money.

I also believe there are many other better preworkouts than Jack3d available - please use stimulants responsibly. People using ridiculous amounts of 1,3 DMAA are why we can't have nice things. :D

As far as mixing whey protein and creatine goes, it is not of concern. You can mix them. Additionally, nutrient timing is, I feel, mostly irrelevant. Take your protein or creatine shake at your convenience as part of meeting your daily macronutrient goals.

Take 3-5g of creatine monohydrate per day (based on your bodyweight) at your convenience, whenever you feel like. You don't need an insulin spike, you don't need to cycle, you don't need to load. I use SNS creatine monohydrate because it's high quality, undergoes third-party testing for every batch, and is insanely cheap for 1200g (240+ servings).
It's funny you say that. I was just researching the glutamate issue today oddly enough. I found mixed results, but more so in favor of glut amine use specifically in powerlifting. I do believe, however, that some people are glutamate non responders. lol

T

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Mix it! Don't be scurred!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
its been foretold that glut and creat fight for the same receptor, whether its true or not i really dont know, i personally dont believe in the glut hype....creatine does not have to be taken post fyi, but none the less what your currently doing is just fine...

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
glutamate =/= glutamine

The only relevant scenario in which I'd recommend glutamine is when someone has been deeply hypocaloric (i.e. pre-contest).

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
its been foretold that glut and creat fight for the same receptor, whether its true or not i really dont know, i personally dont believe in the glut hype....creatine does not have to be taken post fyi, but none the less what your currently doing is just fine...
No glutamate or creatine receptors.

T

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
T

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
make it chicken parm, and I will back the study ;)
Chicken parm needs not receptors because thy chicken is receptorless...eggplants have no brains so they need receptors...it's science bro. Read a book.