Transdermal Homebrew help! (Vitamins & Nutrients) L@@k

taktikz

Awards
Hi AM,

I've been a long-time member with another username which dates back to about 2002. I just realized I forgot my pw!

My situation is as follows:
Grandmother is very sick with cancer and is not consuming enough liquid food. Injections are limited to IM pain medication.
My only other viable option at the moment is the transdermal route. The only issue is, I can't find anywhere that sells premade transdermals with nutrients and/or vitamins nor can I find any recipes.
It seems no matter where I look, I get the same "oral" solutions which won't work in my situation which is why I thought of transdermal delivery.
I'm aware this may be far fetched, but our options are very limited at this point.

Here are my questions:
What is a basic, safe way to make transdermals for vitamins and nutrients?
What can be made a transdermal?

I am in the Caribbean where pharmaceuticals/supplements are easier to get than in the US, so keep that in mind.

Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
I'm not an expert but this something you should mention to your doc and see what routes he suggests(the lack of food issue not making a transdermal), although I'm not entirely sure if they're any other options. Sorry to hear about your situation though, wish you the best of luck man.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother; my heart goes out to you and to her.

As far as creating a transdermal solution for vitamins and minerals, you may be discouraged to read this, but it's very complicated... It really takes some time and effort to calculate which vitamins have the correct molecular weight, the amounts which will be needed, which vitamins lend themselves to topical application/absorption, purchasing everything in bulk, etc.

Is liquid not at all an option, or is this a preference? I only ask because a number of vitamins are just as, if not more effective in an oral form, absorbed through the lining of the cheek/mouth.

Another option is finding out which types of deficiencies she has through blood work... You can work from that and seek out or work with her physician on alternative delivery methods specifically for the deficiencies.

At this time, though, I'm sure you want to do all that you can to help her, but please speak with her doctor and perhaps they can help in some way.

taktikz

Awards
I'm not an expert but this something you should mention to your doc and see what routes he suggests(the lack of food issue not making a transdermal), although I'm not entirely sure if they're any other options. Sorry to hear about your situation though, wish you the best of luck man.
The doc says to give her Ensure and anything else in we can in liquid form. Problem is, she isn't eating as much as she should. I've been giving her carrot/grape/beetroot juice with Amazing Grass GREENSuperFood mixed into it which from what I've read are very potent. The doc is currently on vacation, but then again they only offer "oral" solutions.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother; my heart goes out to you and to her.

As far as creating a transdermal solution for vitamins and minerals, you may be discouraged to read this, but it's very complicated... It really takes some time and effort to calculate which vitamins have the correct molecular weight, the amounts which will be needed, which vitamins lend themselves to topical application/absorption, purchasing everything in bulk, etc.

Is liquid not at all an option, or is this a preference? I only ask because a number of vitamins are just as, if not more effective in an oral form, absorbed through the lining of the cheek/mouth.

Another option is finding out which types of deficiencies she has through blood work... You can work from that and seek out or work with her physician on alternative delivery methods specifically for the deficiencies.

At this time, though, I'm sure you want to do all that you can to help her, but please speak with her doctor and perhaps they can help in some way.
Thanks for your informative response. Liquid is an option, although it's not easy for her to consume much. She's had 3/4 Ensure bottle and about 10-15 grapes, 2 carrots, 2 beetroot in liquid form since about 8am, so not bad today.
Pills are very hard for her to swallow and we are afraid she may choke, so that's not an option currently.

Doc in NY did blood work about a month ago, Doc's here do not want to do any blood work because they feel it is not necessary. Really feel like if she got these nutrients in large quantities it would definitely help.

Thanks again

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I think ur best bet is to buy a liquid multivitamin or to get something like NOW Adam in capsule form and mix it with the ensure

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The doc says to give her Ensure and anything else in we can in liquid form. Problem is, she isn't eating as much as she should. I've been giving her carrot/grape/beetroot juice with Amazing Grass GREENSuperFood mixed into it which from what I've read are very potent. The doc is currently on vacation, but then again they only offer "oral" solutions.

Thanks for your informative response. Liquid is an option, although it's not easy for her to consume much. She's had 3/4 Ensure bottle and about 10-15 grapes, 2 carrots, 2 beetroot in liquid form since about 8am, so not bad today.
Pills are very hard for her to swallow and we are afraid she may choke, so that's not an option currently.

Doc in NY did blood work about a month ago, Doc's here do not want to do any blood work because they feel it is not necessary. Really feel like if she got these nutrients in large quantities it would definitely help.

Thanks again
You seem to have a good approach with the fruit/vegetable juice and the greens and, to be honest, it may actually provide her with more than she needs. I'm not too familiar with the Amazing Grass product, but I do use Controlled Labs' Oximega Greens, which has an incredible profile and tastes just like spearmint.

There are liquid multivitamins available, but there's a reason why they're not talked about or recommended much... I think she's getting a balanced vitamin and antioxidant intake from the juices.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is one of the purposes of Medical Marijuana...just sayin.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would definitely follow doctor's directions in this situation.

Go over your concerns and thoughts with him, he will be happy to help guide you.