Rasberry ketones

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
M really sick of the old pieces of crap coming in my store and asking for raspberry ketones like its a miracle pill that is better than ephedra. Anybody have any feedback on it? I wanna try it for S+Gs but I don't wanna blow my money on it. The only studies that I know of have we're done on lab rats. Not even humans. Any ideas?

Younglifter16

Awards
I noticed nothing with it at the recommended doses. Supposedly you have to dose higher, 500-1000mg. I read however that it has anti-androgenic properties so I lost all interest in it.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
I noticed nothing with it at the recommended doses. Supposedly you have to dose higher, 500-1000mg. I read however that it has anti-androgenic properties so I lost all interest in it.
HM. What did u dose it at?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
M really sick of the old pieces of crap coming in my store and asking for raspberry ketones like its a miracle pill that is better than ephedra. Anybody have any feedback on it? I wanna try it for S+Gs but I don't wanna blow my money on it. The only studies that I know of have we're done on lab rats. Not even humans. Any ideas?
As a stand alone product? Won't see much from it. As an addition to a fat burning stack containing something like this: DCP/TTA/LX/Reduce XT... i could see the ketones having an impact.

I've not seen a study on Raspberry Ketones and anti androgenic issues, if anyone has a source i'd be interested.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
From my post on another board:

"
It is not. The study in question was done in vitro as opposed to the rat studies done on lipolysis, which are certainly of signficantly greater merit.

Also, here is PA's take on RKs and anti-androgens:

"your hypothalamus has androgen receptors. it also has estrogen and progesterone receptors, and all of these will bind to circulating sex hormones. When they bind and activate they initiate the negative feedback signal. If you block them and prevent their activation then you will block the negative feedback and your sex hormone production will go up

i think you just forgot the fact that your HPTA works via receptors"

^He is basically saying that T production will go up (which is theoretically beneficial given the HL of RKs). Now I'm not entirely sure if that applies to what we are doing, but consider this:

Green Tea Extract is estrogenic IN VIVO (rats and cancer patients). This should be of a much larger concern than RKs, yet this is overlooked simply because Green Tea Extract has SO MANY benefits in spite of its low oral bioavailability. The same applies to RKs, though in my opinion, the pros (overall health + potential as a lipolytic agent) outweigh the possible cons to an even further degree. If you are concerned about possible androgen antagonism (which I feel you should not be, based on the single in vitro study), I would simply supplement LCLT to increase androgen receptor density. Either way, the difference is transient and really not worth noting."

Reactions: mw1
heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahhhh, great advice. LCLT would be a fantastic addition to RK use. Didn't even think about that.

Reactions: mw1

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm taking CLA and super HD right now.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
The first product I noticed RK's in was Ergopharm AMP2 a few years back. Great product. They got bought out by Ergogenix and now it's called Ergoburn-NT, but they replaced 1,3 DMAA with Tyramine. Weak if you ask me.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The first product I noticed RK's in was Ergopharm AMP2 a few years back. Great product. They got bought out by Ergogenix and now it's called Ergoburn-NT, but they replaced 1,3 DMAA with Tyramine. Weak if you ask me.
If you're looking for a higher RK dose, check out SNS RK-500. 500mg-1g daily seems to work well in conjunction with caffeine and ephedrine.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
If you're looking for a higher RK dose, check out SNS RK-500. 500mg-1g daily seems to work well in conjunction with caffeine and ephedrine.
Thanks. I'm starting Alpha T2 tomorrow, I may add RK to the mix. If I do I'll go with SNS definitely.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks. I'm starting Alpha T2 tomorrow, I may add RK to the mix. If I do I'll go with SNS definitely.
Looks pretty solid. At your bodyweight, I'd either run it at 3 caps/day or pick up some genomyx alphaburn and add 1 cap daily so you can get the minimum efficacious dose of yohimbine. Remember to dose it 2-3 hours apart from meals containing either protein or carbohydrates in significant amounts.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Looks pretty solid. At your bodyweight, I'd either run it at 3 caps/day or pick up some genomyx alphaburn and add 1 cap daily so you can get the minimum efficacious dose of yohimbine. Remember to dose it 2-3 hours apart from meals containing either protein or carbohydrates in significant amounts.
Great advice

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I've never use yohimbine. I'm guessing the minimum efficacious dose is what, 75mg?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've never use yohimbine. I'm guessing the minimum efficacious dose is what, 75mg?
Yes, that is the minimum efficacious dose for death.

You should be using 0.2mg/kg BW in a non-insulinogenic environment.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
its a good addition to any natural fat loss stack. Increased in popularity ever since the Wizard of Oz covered it on his show. Good cheap natural addition to any stack.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
**** man alright! On empty stomach with my CLA and super hd?

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
From what I read if I take 3, or too much I'll feel flushed. Will I feel stimmed up?

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Okay. What did u mean by assess tolerance?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that's what I'm taking now with some TTA as well. works well for me.

I have zero problems with yohimbine. Hopefully the same goes for u. Seems pretty clean.
I haven't either and I take 18 mg for my dose.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ahhhh, great advice. LCLT would be a fantastic addition to RK use. Didn't even think about that.
Think scorch and Body octane pre workout ;)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thermogum is a great and cheap way to supplement Raspberry Ketones in a decent formula for fatloss and energy.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Thermogum is a great and cheap way to supplement Raspberry Ketones in a decent formula for fatloss and energy.
Miss this gum

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you got no effects from it?
I'm not saying it doesn't work, I just couldn't chew it long enough to find out due to the taste.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not saying it doesn't work, I just couldn't chew it long enough to find out due to the taste.
Did you have the red or the white? Strangely, some prefer strongly one or the other, whereas either works for me.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
M really sick of the old pieces of crap coming in my store and asking for raspberry ketones like its a miracle pill that is better than ephedra.
So I'm guessing you don't respect your elders?. Really?. So you have some kind of vendetta against the elderly?. I don't get it. What do you mean by old pieces of crap?. Why would you say such a thing?. Don't you have a grandfather?.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you have the red or the white? Strangely, some prefer strongly one or the other, whereas either works for me.
It was the red ones from around 2010 time frame. Haven't tried it since and didn't know there was another version actually.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
We have some decent reviews on our Raspberry Ketones, but it seems many like to add it to their ECA / Thermo for a little extra kick.... I havent talked to many that do the RK on their own

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
We have some decent reviews on our Raspberry Ketones, but it seems many like to add it to their ECA / Thermo for a little extra kick.... I havent talked to many that do the RK on their own
It's not all about fat loss for RK. I use RK-125 close to year-round for the health benefits it affords.