Slight change in Craze formula?

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I just received my second bottle of DS Craze (love the stuff btw) and noticed that the TMG and creatine mono have switched places on the ingredient panel. It now has creatine as the first ingredient and tmg as the second. I remember hearing that on an ingredient panel the amounts of the ingredients are listed in descending order from most to least. Does this mean that ds increased the creatine or lessened the tmg? It seemed perfect before and I sure wouldn't want more creatine. Does anyone have any info on this, maybe a ds rep?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
surprised they would have changed it...

what is the total mg on the prop blend on your tub? the original is 4580mg

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
surprised they would have changed it...

what is the total mg on the prop blend on your tub? the original is 4580mg
It's the same, 4580mg, so that makes me think they flip flopped the amount for those two ingredients. For example: If the original had 1g tmg and 800mg creatine (totally hypothetical amounts) now it would have 800mg tmg and 1g creatine. That would put creatine first yet keep the total the same. Hmmmm...

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
It could very well be that they were supposed to have the same total amount of both ingredients in the formula. With different batches you cannot be assured of 100% accuracy you may be off by a few mgs when you have gram amounts in the product. In this batch the TMG may slightly outweigh the creatine, thus they are required to now list that as the first ingredient. Not sure though just a guess.

CDMMA

CDMMA

Awards
It could very well be that they were supposed to have the same total amount of both ingredients in the formula. With different batches you cannot be assured of 100% accuracy you may be off by a few mgs when you have gram amounts in the product. In this batch the TMG may slightly outweigh the creatine, thus they are required to now list that as the first ingredient. Not sure though just a guess.
Was actually thinking the same thing.

OP you should take a pic of the label.

NFC

NFC

Awards
subbed to hear the answer... really interested if they are going to change the formula due to this lawsuit, like BPI did with 1MR.

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
But would they reprint an entire label for minute differences in mgs? In the new batch it has more creatine than tmg.

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Was actually thinking the same thing.

OP you should take a pic of the label.
It's pretty straight forward. Only the first two ingredients switched places but I'll try to post a pic.

CDMMA

CDMMA

Awards
The updated label is actually on a different site already. No pic necessary.

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
subbed to hear the answer... really interested if they are going to change the formula due to this lawsuit, like BPI did with 1MR.
Just read the whole lawsuit thing (which really pisses me off btw because I love Craze. It seems like if you do the research and make a product that truly works then people get all sue happy to try and get settlements) and I think it's bs first off and second, I don't think tmg and creatine would be the issue.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
They are required by law to list the ingredients in order of weight based on what is actually in the powder, not what they want it to be. So yes they would be required to print a whole new label for the reason I mentioned if that were the case. But they could have actually changed the formula too. Will have to wait for a DS rep to reply.

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
They are required by law to list the ingredients in order of weight based on what is actually in the powder, not what they want it to be. So yes they would be required to print a whole new label for the reason I mentioned if that were the case. But they could have actually changed the formula too. Will have to wait for a DS rep to reply.
Gotcha. Well I hope it's a tiny amount and they were just required to reprint the labels to keep it all legal like. Hope a DS rep will chime in to possibly confirm that's all it is.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. Well I hope it's a tiny amount and they were just required to reprint the labels to keep all legal like. Hope a DS rep will chime in to possibly confirm that's all it is.
Haven't seen much action from them lately. I would imagine their boss has asked them to pipe down with everything going on.

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Haven't seen much action from them lately. I would imagine their boss has asked them to pipe down with everything going on.
Kind of understandable but this has nothing to do with the lawsuit claims and it should be a simple answer.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
you might want to post this question as a thread in the DS section or just PM a rep

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Ive gotten 3 bottles. One when it first came out, one yesterday, and one sometime in between. They all have the same label with TMG first. But interested in the answer. Have u tried the newer stuff? Does it feel the same?

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ive gotten 3 bottles. One when it first came out, one yesterday, and one sometime in between. They all have the same label with TMG first. But interested in the answer. Have u tried the newer stuff? Does it feel the same?
Sounds like you're definitely a fan as am I! Just got it today and have maybe one more use from my first tub so I haven't tried it just yet. Perhaps I will anyways tomorrow and test it.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you're definitely a fan as am I! Just got it today and have maybe one more use from my first tub so I haven't tried it just yet. Perhaps I will anyways tomorrow and test it.
nutraplanet dropped the price to 25 bucks and i picked up one. then i saw the thread about some lawsuit and craze and i was going to buy 4 more and the price went back up to 30, meh. wish i would have stocked up

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
nutraplanet dropped the price to 25 bucks and i picked up one. then i saw the thread about some lawsuit and craze and i was going to buy 4 more and the price went back up to 30, meh. wish i would have stocked up
Tell me about it! I ordered this tub (the one with the different label) and two days later my girlfriend was like, "I think that craze stuff you love is on sale." I wait one more day and boom, price goes back up. Story of my life man.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's the same, 4580mg, so that makes me think they flip flopped the amount for those two ingredients. For example: If the original had 1g tmg and 800mg creatine (totally hypothetical amounts) now it would have 800mg tmg and 1g creatine. That would put creatine first yet keep the total the same. Hmmmm...
Clearly they realized they had it wrong all along: 1gr creatine is actually not the ideal amount of creatine, 800mg is, and they made the change accordingly.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Clearly they realized they had it wrong all along: 1gr creatine is actually not the ideal amount of creatine, 800mg is, and they made the change accordingly.
id prefer to save a dollar and not have creatine in it at all, but thats just me...

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I thought I made it clear that those were hypothetical amounts that I gave as an example. The point that I feel you missed was that apparently now the tmg amount is less than the creatine according to the new ingredient label. I would rather have it the other way around and wonder why it was switched.

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
id prefer to save a dollar and not have creatine in it at all, but thats just me...
Totally agree but it doesn't bother at all. I'm just curious about the label change and the reasoning behind it because I think most people would agree that the creatine is not needed, so why move it up the list?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought I made it clear that those were hypothetical amounts that I gave as an example. The point that I feel you missed was that apparently now the tmg amount is less than the creatine according to the new ingredient label. I would rather have it the other way around and wonder why it was switched.
And I though it was clear my post was totally facetious and ripe with sarcasm. ;)

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Just posted this in response to this question in the DS forum, so copy pasta here:

Nah, the formula hasn't changed at all. You're right about the descending order, but creatine and TMG are actually the same dose in the formula, in which case either could be listed first. We listed TMG first on the original labels for no particular reason, but we've since realised that not everyone is familiar with TMG as a common ingredient. Of course most people know what creatine is. There aren't really any TMG sections in stores, but there certainly are creatine sections, so from a marketing perspective it makes more sense to have creatine first. We had to make a couple of amendments on the label anyway so took the opportunity to change the order for our retailers so it is acknowledged fundamentally as a creatine pre-workout product.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You guys made it very clear on another big forum that 'it's not a creatine product, it's not a citrulline product, etc etc', now all of a sudden it is?

NFC

NFC

Awards
hey robboe, is there any comments that you can make about this lawsuit thats going on? any info you can share? i belong to a few other boards and people are worried and asking the same question about if you guys are going to reformulate your product due to the lawsuit, like other supp companies have in the past for the same reasons. it would be nice to get some info to share on the other boards.

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Just posted this in response to this question in the DS forum, so copy pasta here:

Nah, the formula hasn't changed at all. You're right about the descending order, but creatine and TMG are actually the same dose in the formula, in which case either could be listed first. We listed TMG first on the original labels for no particular reason, but we've since realised that not everyone is familiar with TMG as a common ingredient. Of course most people know what creatine is. There aren't really any TMG sections in stores, but there certainly are creatine sections, so from a marketing perspective it makes more sense to have creatine first. We had to make a couple of amendments on the label anyway so took the opportunity to change the order for our retailers so it is acknowledged fundamentally as a creatine pre-workout product.
Thanks so much for the clarification! I knew it would be a simple answer and not a big deal. I'm so glad the formula hasn't changed. Why mess with perfection?! Thanks again for the info.