Supplements to help stay asleep all night? - AnabolicMinds.com

Supplements to help stay asleep all night?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

Supplements to help stay asleep all night?

Hi,
    Over the last few weeks I've been having problem to stay asleep all night. No problem at all to fall asleep, but the problem is that I wake up around 4 AM in the morning and can't get back to sleep.
    I've tried the usual suspects without any success: melatonin, Valerian Root, ZMA, GABA and even Phenibut.
    Any suggestions?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Jarrow B-Right works great for my girlfriend and I.

Some users also state Mucuna helps them sleep. If you want a supplement look into Poseidon NT, Ive used it in the past and enjoyed it.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Mucuna gives me a VERY deep sleep and wicked dreams. I can't take it right before bed because it makes me very energized, but I found that if I take it earlier in the day like a pwo, it works the same for sleep. I drink a cup of "sleepy time" tea and I am out. I am used to getting up at 5-5:30, though, so it suits me fine.

Another suggestion is to look at Rhodiola Rosea. It really is an amazing herb, borderline feeling narcotic in the power of it. Follow recommended doses (for me it is about 120-150mg) and you have energy for 12+ hours. Take a double dose and you can sleep for 12 hours non-stop. It is very cool that way. They put it in some pwo mixes and in sleep mixes for that reason.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.

I'm curious about your experience with melatonin. What dosage did you use, and what time did you take it? Did it have any effect on you at all?

Not to be taken as a recommendation: but after 1 1/2 oz of NyQuil and I'm a corpse for 8 hours.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Look into AI's 3Z if your looking for strictly something that will help you sleep. You can get samples of it.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Est1969 View Post
    I'm curious about your experience with melatonin. What dosage did you use, and what time did you take it? Did it have any effect on you at all?

Not to be taken as a recommendation: but after 1 1/2 oz of NyQuil and I'm a corpse for 8 hours.
    I've tried 5 mg (Natrol Time-Released). I've tried both ways: before bed and when I wake up in the middle of the night. No much difference.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Look into AI's 3Z if your looking for strictly something that will help you sleep. You can get samples of it.
    Would that help staying asleep (I have no problem falling asleep)?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Im the same way with melatonin, I didnt notice much of a difference

@3Z, it was broken down on another forum and the conclusion was that it will help you fall asleep(valerian root/gaba) and dream better, but the ingredients are dosed too low to be considered a sleep aid.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro
  9. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHT View Post
    Would that help staying asleep (I have no problem falling asleep)?
    l-dopa and zma for staying asleep and sleeping deeply. cheap and effective
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I tried 3Z in a sample I received and did like it, but it didn't seem any better than other products. Melatonin helps me get to sleep, but not stay asleep. Again, mucuna (l-dopa) is the **** when it comes to staying in a hard sleep.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like G8 by finaflex, could give that a shot
    Always willing to learn :D
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHT
    Hi,
    Over the last few weeks I've been having problem to stay asleep all night. No problem at all to fall asleep, but the problem is that I wake up around 4 AM in the morning and can't get back to sleep.
    I've tried the usual suspects without any success: melatonin, Valerian Root, ZMA, GABA and even Phenibut.
    Any suggestions?
    For a good GH boost that puts me out and keeps me out I use Ageforce's Power Patch. A little pricier but they always have 2 for 1 offers which makes up for the price.
    I've been using them for over 6 months straight now and I can easily say that sleep is the most noticeable effect from them. They're pretty awesome.

The sample of G8 I tried worked pretty nicely too.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    For a good GH boost that puts me out and keeps me out I use Ageforce's Power Patch. A little pricier but they always have 2 for 1 offers which makes up for the price.
    I've been using them for over 6 months straight now and I can easily say that sleep is the most noticeable effect from them. They're pretty awesome.

The sample of G8 I tried worked pretty nicely too.
    Hmm...I really thought these were decided to be relatively useless? Something about them not being able to legally supply the amount of homeopathic GH via the patch that they claimed?? Or something? If you know could you please elaborate? I was really interested in this at one point. Also, when do you use the patch? Do you put it on right before bed?
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore

Hmm...I really thought these were decided to be relatively useless? Something about them not being able to legally supply the amount of homeopathic GH via the patch that they claimed?? Or something? If you know could you please elaborate? I was really interested in this at one point. Also, when do you use the patch? Do you put it on right before bed?
    This is quoted from their R&D team after I asked this same question:

" With respects to our ability to deliver the large HGH molecule transdermally, here is another way you can explain how we subject the molecule to "Molecular Engineering" in our laboratories:

Let's take a block of steel the size of a "brick", and say that the steel brick is the HGH molecule. Now we put the HGH brick through a series of rollers to make it thinner and longer. After this process, the HGH molecular brick which started out being large, is now a very long and thin molecule that is hundreds of time longer and thinner than it was before our proprietary molecular engineered rollers flattened and elongated it. So our HGH molecular brick, now moves through the skin (Derma) like "you-know-what" through a Goose!"
    Hope that helps.
    Whatever the case, it works, that's all I know.
    I put mine on about an hour before bed and just leave it on til it falls off. Its recommended to leave on for 12 hours and I think I get about 16 out of mine.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    l-dopa and zma for staying asleep and sleeping deeply. cheap and effective
    Mr. Cooper,

What supplement do you recommend for delivering l-dopa? Mucuna Pruriens? What dosage do you recommend? Does it need to be cycled?

Thanks and regards.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

BPS Endosurge works great.
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    This is quoted from their R&D team after I asked this same question:

" With respects to our ability to deliver the large HGH molecule transdermally, here is another way you can explain how we subject the molecule to "Molecular Engineering" in our laboratories:

Let's take a block of steel the size of a "brick", and say that the steel brick is the HGH molecule. Now we put the HGH brick through a series of rollers to make it thinner and longer. After this process, the HGH molecular brick which started out being large, is now a very long and thin molecule that is hundreds of time longer and thinner than it was before our proprietary molecular engineered rollers flattened and elongated it. So our HGH molecular brick, now moves through the skin (Derma) like "you-know-what" through a Goose!"
    Hope that helps.
    Whatever the case, it works, that's all I know.
    I put mine on about an hour before bed and just leave it on til it falls off. Its recommended to leave on for 12 hours and I think I get about 16 out of mine.

Thanks for the reply Flex. Very interesting. Isn't there also an issue with the integrity of the actual HGH remaining intact. I always heard HGH is very fragile and needs to be refrigerated or kept at a cool temperature or something for it to actually reamin intact? I've heard pretty good things about the product. These are all important issues though I'd think.
  18. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Est1969 View Post
    Mr. Cooper,

What supplement do you recommend for delivering l-dopa? Mucuna Pruriens? What dosage do you recommend? Does it need to be cycled?

Thanks and regards.
    Yes, mucuna is fine. I like 120mg of L-DOPA in the AM and again pre-bed. Take it all pre-bed if sleep if your goal.

Yes, cycle off every 1-2 months.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I'd disagree with taking it all before bed. Myself and others that I have had try mucuna (especially Endosurge) report mental wakening after taking it. It kind of makes you really "aware". I'd try it during the day first to see how you react.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

If nothing OTC works and you have good insurance ambien might be cheap (costs me $2 per month for generic)
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

nothing beats IGF 2 (legally).
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

22. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

diphenhydramine
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    If nothing OTC works and you have good insurance ambien might be cheap (costs me $2 per month for generic)
    Ambien doesnt work for alot of people. sure it does for some, but i know many people who have tried it before and it isnt effective. for some, it has a paradoxical effect

24. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I'd disagree with taking it all before bed. Myself and others that I have had try mucuna (especially Endosurge) report mental wakening after taking it. It kind of makes you really "aware". I'd try it during the day first to see how you react.
    I'm only outlining what I do. I get no "wakefulness," but if I combine it with stims, I do (moreso than the stim alone).
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I'm only outlining what I do. I get no "wakefulness," but if I combine it with stims, I do (moreso than the stim alone).
    Oh yeah, maybe I worded that wrong. I was just getting at mucuna being a pretty potent supplement, and it affects me totally different. I can't take it past 6pm or I am just looking for things to do.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    Ambien doesnt work for alot of people. sure it does for some, but i know many people who have tried it before and it isnt effective. for some, it has a paradoxical effect
    There are non responders to any sleep medication but I find it works very well for me a solid 7 hours of sleep at 5 mg dose wake up with no groggy feeling and at only 2 dollars for a month beats any otc supplement. Plus there are other just as safe RX sleep medications that can be tried. This is something I consider a last resort however, when all the OTC products out there don't help with the issue.
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

magnesium maybe
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    There are non responders to any sleep medication but I find it works very well for me a solid 7 hours of sleep at 5 mg dose wake up with no groggy feeling and at only 2 dollars for a month beats any otc supplement. Plus there are other just as safe RX sleep medications that can be tried. This is something I consider a last resort however, when all the OTC products out there don't help with the issue.
    sure there are non responders, but ive seen paradoxical effects with ambien with patients. not all, but a few. and i would really like to see him on IGF 2. I really havent seen anybody not like it. it will be my favorite product even when/if im long gone from the forums/team appnut

29. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

An update on this:

In the last few months I tried multiple supplements without any success (ZMA, GABA, melatonin, phenibut, L-Dopa, ...). The result was always the same: wake up around 4-5 am every morning and unable to get back to sleep.
    Finally, found a winning combination: Formula 303 and Intimidate. So far, I've been able to get a good sleep for 3 successive nights
  30. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post

I take Cabergolean which has Mucuna in it during the day. I've tried taking it at night and it keeps me awake all night. It makes me awake and aware like you say. Some people like it before bed though so I guess their brains work differently.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHT View Post
    An update on this:

In the last few months I tried multiple supplements without any success (ZMA, GABA, melatonin, phenibut, L-Dopa, ...). The result was always the same: wake up around 4-5 am every morning and unable to get back to sleep.
    Finally, found a winning combination: Formula 303 and Intimidate. So far, I've been able to get a good sleep for 3 successive nights

is it you simply wake up or do you have to use the restroom?

personally, if i take Blue Growth along with REDuction PM, i sleep like a baby.
    Controlled Labs Rep
    CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: chris@controlledlabs.com
  32. hsk

Reputation Reputation

Yes, mucuna is fine. I like 120mg of L-DOPA in the AM and again pre-bed. Take it all pre-bed if sleep if your goal.

Yes, cycle off every 1-2 months.
    What is the best way to dose a Mucuna Product for both sleep and possible test and gh boosting effects? I am planning on using NOW Dopa Mucuna standardized for 15% L-DOPA? Based on your comment I should be using 240mg of actives to start with? What would be the top end of the range? 500mg-600mg?
  33. New Member

definately interested in this. i sleep binge eat and scratch myself and do a whole bunch of crazy **** at night.
  34. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hsk View Post
    What is the best way to dose a Mucuna Product for both sleep and possible test and gh boosting effects? I am planning on using NOW Dopa Mucuna standardized for 15% L-DOPA? Based on your comment I should be using 240mg of actives to start with? What would be the top end of the range? 500mg-600mg?

imo i wouldnt exceed 500mg and take the dosage all pre-bed
  35. hsk

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T View Post
    imo i wouldnt exceed 500mg and take the dosage all pre-bed
    Thank you! I will start with 3-4 caps pre-bed which should yield 180mg-240mg and work my way up to 6-8 caps pre-bed which would be 360mg-480mg. Does that sound about right?
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Thread subbed....

My biggest problem is I can't stay asleep.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.

My favorite is Yogi Bedtime Tea. 2 bags in 6 oz hot water an hour before bed. Works great for me
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

AI HGHPro is what I use... the 3Z is also good but I like the HGHpro better...

ageforce products are a joke, dont waste your money on those.

also - I'm not a rep (for anyone) - all the responses youve gotten are from company reps so be careful what advice you take.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT supplements making it hard to sleep at night
    By ryaroberts in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
  2. Night-Time Supplements: Who is using what and why?
    By Vitruvian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 11:22 AM
  3. Night Time Supplements?
    By PCTechman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
  4. Night Time Supplements?
    By PCTechman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:26 PM
  5. Replies: 9