Supplements to help stay asleep all night?

JoeHT

Awards
Hi,
Over the last few weeks I've been having problem to stay asleep all night. No problem at all to fall asleep, but the problem is that I wake up around 4 AM in the morning and can't get back to sleep.
I've tried the usual suspects without any success: melatonin, Valerian Root, ZMA, GABA and even Phenibut.
Any suggestions?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Jarrow B-Right works great for my girlfriend and I.

Some users also state Mucuna helps them sleep. If you want a supplement look into Poseidon NT, Ive used it in the past and enjoyed it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mucuna gives me a VERY deep sleep and wicked dreams. I can't take it right before bed because it makes me very energized, but I found that if I take it earlier in the day like a pwo, it works the same for sleep. I drink a cup of "sleepy time" tea and I am out. I am used to getting up at 5-5:30, though, so it suits me fine.

Another suggestion is to look at Rhodiola Rosea. It really is an amazing herb, borderline feeling narcotic in the power of it. Follow recommended doses (for me it is about 120-150mg) and you have energy for 12+ hours. Take a double dose and you can sleep for 12 hours non-stop. It is very cool that way. They put it in some pwo mixes and in sleep mixes for that reason.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious about your experience with melatonin. What dosage did you use, and what time did you take it? Did it have any effect on you at all?

Not to be taken as a recommendation: but after 1 1/2 oz of NyQuil and I'm a corpse for 8 hours.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look into AI's 3Z if your looking for strictly something that will help you sleep. You can get samples of it.

JoeHT

Awards
I'm curious about your experience with melatonin. What dosage did you use, and what time did you take it? Did it have any effect on you at all?

Not to be taken as a recommendation: but after 1 1/2 oz of NyQuil and I'm a corpse for 8 hours.
I've tried 5 mg (Natrol Time-Released). I've tried both ways: before bed and when I wake up in the middle of the night. No much difference.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Im the same way with melatonin, I didnt notice much of a difference

@3Z, it was broken down on another forum and the conclusion was that it will help you fall asleep(valerian root/gaba) and dream better, but the ingredients are dosed too low to be considered a sleep aid.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried 3Z in a sample I received and did like it, but it didn't seem any better than other products. Melatonin helps me get to sleep, but not stay asleep. Again, mucuna (l-dopa) is the **** when it comes to staying in a hard sleep.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I like G8 by finaflex, could give that a shot

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi,
Over the last few weeks I've been having problem to stay asleep all night. No problem at all to fall asleep, but the problem is that I wake up around 4 AM in the morning and can't get back to sleep.
I've tried the usual suspects without any success: melatonin, Valerian Root, ZMA, GABA and even Phenibut.
Any suggestions?
For a good GH boost that puts me out and keeps me out I use Ageforce's Power Patch. A little pricier but they always have 2 for 1 offers which makes up for the price.
I've been using them for over 6 months straight now and I can easily say that sleep is the most noticeable effect from them. They're pretty awesome.

The sample of G8 I tried worked pretty nicely too.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
For a good GH boost that puts me out and keeps me out I use Ageforce's Power Patch. A little pricier but they always have 2 for 1 offers which makes up for the price.
I've been using them for over 6 months straight now and I can easily say that sleep is the most noticeable effect from them. They're pretty awesome.

The sample of G8 I tried worked pretty nicely too.
Hmm...I really thought these were decided to be relatively useless? Something about them not being able to legally supply the amount of homeopathic GH via the patch that they claimed?? Or something? If you know could you please elaborate? I was really interested in this at one point. Also, when do you use the patch? Do you put it on right before bed?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm...I really thought these were decided to be relatively useless? Something about them not being able to legally supply the amount of homeopathic GH via the patch that they claimed?? Or something? If you know could you please elaborate? I was really interested in this at one point. Also, when do you use the patch? Do you put it on right before bed?
This is quoted from their R&D team after I asked this same question:

" With respects to our ability to deliver the large HGH molecule transdermally, here is another way you can explain how we subject the molecule to "Molecular Engineering" in our laboratories:

Let's take a block of steel the size of a "brick", and say that the steel brick is the HGH molecule. Now we put the HGH brick through a series of rollers to make it thinner and longer. After this process, the HGH molecular brick which started out being large, is now a very long and thin molecule that is hundreds of time longer and thinner than it was before our proprietary molecular engineered rollers flattened and elongated it. So our HGH molecular brick, now moves through the skin (Derma) like "you-know-what" through a Goose!"
Hope that helps.
Whatever the case, it works, that's all I know.
I put mine on about an hour before bed and just leave it on til it falls off. Its recommended to leave on for 12 hours and I think I get about 16 out of mine.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
l-dopa and zma for staying asleep and sleeping deeply. cheap and effective
Mr. Cooper,

What supplement do you recommend for delivering l-dopa? Mucuna Pruriens? What dosage do you recommend? Does it need to be cycled?

Thanks and regards.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
BPS Endosurge works great.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
This is quoted from their R&D team after I asked this same question:

" With respects to our ability to deliver the large HGH molecule transdermally, here is another way you can explain how we subject the molecule to "Molecular Engineering" in our laboratories:

Let's take a block of steel the size of a "brick", and say that the steel brick is the HGH molecule. Now we put the HGH brick through a series of rollers to make it thinner and longer. After this process, the HGH molecular brick which started out being large, is now a very long and thin molecule that is hundreds of time longer and thinner than it was before our proprietary molecular engineered rollers flattened and elongated it. So our HGH molecular brick, now moves through the skin (Derma) like "you-know-what" through a Goose!"
Hope that helps.
Whatever the case, it works, that's all I know.
I put mine on about an hour before bed and just leave it on til it falls off. Its recommended to leave on for 12 hours and I think I get about 16 out of mine.

Thanks for the reply Flex. Very interesting. Isn't there also an issue with the integrity of the actual HGH remaining intact. I always heard HGH is very fragile and needs to be refrigerated or kept at a cool temperature or something for it to actually reamin intact? I've heard pretty good things about the product. These are all important issues though I'd think.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Mr. Cooper,

What supplement do you recommend for delivering l-dopa? Mucuna Pruriens? What dosage do you recommend? Does it need to be cycled?

Thanks and regards.
Yes, mucuna is fine. I like 120mg of L-DOPA in the AM and again pre-bed. Take it all pre-bed if sleep if your goal.

Yes, cycle off every 1-2 months.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd disagree with taking it all before bed. Myself and others that I have had try mucuna (especially Endosurge) report mental wakening after taking it. It kind of makes you really "aware". I'd try it during the day first to see how you react.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
If nothing OTC works and you have good insurance ambien might be cheap (costs me $2 per month for generic)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
diphenhydramine

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If nothing OTC works and you have good insurance ambien might be cheap (costs me $2 per month for generic)
Ambien doesnt work for alot of people. sure it does for some, but i know many people who have tried it before and it isnt effective. for some, it has a paradoxical effect

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'd disagree with taking it all before bed. Myself and others that I have had try mucuna (especially Endosurge) report mental wakening after taking it. It kind of makes you really "aware". I'd try it during the day first to see how you react.
I'm only outlining what I do. I get no "wakefulness," but if I combine it with stims, I do (moreso than the stim alone).

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm only outlining what I do. I get no "wakefulness," but if I combine it with stims, I do (moreso than the stim alone).
Oh yeah, maybe I worded that wrong. I was just getting at mucuna being a pretty potent supplement, and it affects me totally different. I can't take it past 6pm or I am just looking for things to do.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Ambien doesnt work for alot of people. sure it does for some, but i know many people who have tried it before and it isnt effective. for some, it has a paradoxical effect
There are non responders to any sleep medication but I find it works very well for me a solid 7 hours of sleep at 5 mg dose wake up with no groggy feeling and at only 2 dollars for a month beats any otc supplement. Plus there are other just as safe RX sleep medications that can be tried. This is something I consider a last resort however, when all the OTC products out there don't help with the issue.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are non responders to any sleep medication but I find it works very well for me a solid 7 hours of sleep at 5 mg dose wake up with no groggy feeling and at only 2 dollars for a month beats any otc supplement. Plus there are other just as safe RX sleep medications that can be tried. This is something I consider a last resort however, when all the OTC products out there don't help with the issue.
sure there are non responders, but ive seen paradoxical effects with ambien with patients. not all, but a few. and i would really like to see him on IGF 2. I really havent seen anybody not like it. it will be my favorite product even when/if im long gone from the forums/team appnut

JoeHT

Awards
An update on this:

In the last few months I tried multiple supplements without any success (ZMA, GABA, melatonin, phenibut, L-Dopa, ...). The result was always the same: wake up around 4-5 am every morning and unable to get back to sleep.
Finally, found a winning combination: Formula 303 and Intimidate. So far, I've been able to get a good sleep for 3 successive nights :yes(1):

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I take Cabergolean which has Mucuna in it during the day. I've tried taking it at night and it keeps me awake all night. It makes me awake and aware like you say. Some people like it before bed though so I guess their brains work differently.

Illilian

Illilian

Awards
An update on this:

In the last few months I tried multiple supplements without any success (ZMA, GABA, melatonin, phenibut, L-Dopa, ...). The result was always the same: wake up around 4-5 am every morning and unable to get back to sleep.
Finally, found a winning combination: Formula 303 and Intimidate. So far, I've been able to get a good sleep for 3 successive nights :yes(1):

is it you simply wake up or do you have to use the restroom?

personally, if i take Blue Growth along with REDuction PM, i sleep like a baby.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Yes, mucuna is fine. I like 120mg of L-DOPA in the AM and again pre-bed. Take it all pre-bed if sleep if your goal.

Yes, cycle off every 1-2 months.
What is the best way to dose a Mucuna Product for both sleep and possible test and gh boosting effects? I am planning on using NOW Dopa Mucuna standardized for 15% L-DOPA? Based on your comment I should be using 240mg of actives to start with? What would be the top end of the range? 500mg-600mg?

AmazingAJ

Awards
definately interested in this. i sleep binge eat and scratch myself and do a whole bunch of crazy **** at night.

GHO5T

Awards
What is the best way to dose a Mucuna Product for both sleep and possible test and gh boosting effects? I am planning on using NOW Dopa Mucuna standardized for 15% L-DOPA? Based on your comment I should be using 240mg of actives to start with? What would be the top end of the range? 500mg-600mg?

imo i wouldnt exceed 500mg and take the dosage all pre-bed

hsk

Awards
  • Established
imo i wouldnt exceed 500mg and take the dosage all pre-bed
Thank you! I will start with 3-4 caps pre-bed which should yield 180mg-240mg and work my way up to 6-8 caps pre-bed which would be 360mg-480mg. Does that sound about right?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Thread subbed....

My biggest problem is I can't stay asleep.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
My favorite is Yogi Bedtime Tea. 2 bags in 6 oz hot water an hour before bed. Works great for me

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
AI HGHPro is what I use... the 3Z is also good but I like the HGHpro better...

ageforce products are a joke, dont waste your money on those.

also - I'm not a rep (for anyone) - all the responses youve gotten are from company reps so be careful what advice you take.