Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.41%
    Achievements Activity Pro

FYI for all the "Jack3d will test positive for amphetamines" people.

It will not show on a standard NIDA 5 drug test. It would be possible to test for it, but somebody would only test for it if you were already suspected of using that drug and they would sports, it is tested for because it can be used as a performance enhancer, but a standard drug test does not test for it.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.4%

Quote Originally Posted by The Ripped
    Well for a 15 year old the best thing to do (safeness wise) is stick to the protien, perferibly Nitro Isolate which is the purest protien on the market 65g of protien per serving. If anything have him take glutamine its kinda like kre alkalyn but better. And jacked has alot of caffine and sugar and has a decent amount of creatine in it which cause water weight, a better pre workout would be Xpand whihc is my favorite.
    I agree. If your gonna overload anything at 15 it should be protein!!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    FYI for all the "Jack3d will test positive for amphetamines" people.

It will not show on a standard NIDA 5 drug test. It would be possible to test for it, but somebody would only test for it if you were already suspected of using that drug and they would sports, it is tested for because it can be used as a performance enhancer, but a standard drug test does not test for it.
    Correct, and Jack3d WILL get you banned from NCAA football. I know a couple years ago a kid at Grand Valley State (A D2 NCAA school) lost his senior year of football because of the 1,3D in Jack3d. So if you are going to get tested for performance enhancers which OP's son would most likely have to deal with later on Jack3d and in fact ANY Pre-work that is more stim than caffeine should be avoided. My recommendation is if you are going to play sports just better to ALWAYS error on the side of caution.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%

Quote Originally Posted by footballmom View Post
    So at what age do you suggest him using supplements?
    That is hard to say really. Basics like creatine, protein, fish oil, and etc is earlier than something like test boosters and etc. Just depends on him personally.

I'm probably/maybe alone here, but when I was younger I took creatine, protein, and a multi. I've never seen those a big deal for younger (15-17 year olds) who are training to take.

All of those things will be for naught if his diet, sleep, and training aren't on point.

Right now for him it's

60% Diet
    20% Training
    20% 15 year old test levels and age boost

That is a good way to look at it for him. Train hard, Eat hard but clean, and later on supplements can help with an edge. Then it's more of:

75% Diet
    20% Training
    5% Supplements
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.64%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    I'm probably/maybe alone here, but when I was younger I took creatine, protein, and a multi. I've never seen those a big deal for younger (15-17 year olds) who are training to take.

All of those things will be for naught if his diet, sleep, and training aren't on point.

Right now for him it's

60% Diet
    20% Training

That is a good way to look at it for him. Train hard, Eat hard but clean, and later on supplements can help with an edge. Then it's more of:

75% Diet
    20% Training
    5% Supplements
    You aren't alone, that is pretty much what most of us have been saying. The reason being that those of us that started training in our teens and have been at it for a looong time, know that is what it takes.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.39%

I started around that age. My uncle suggested three things: ZMA for me to help me get better sleep since I was going from 6am to 10pm daily (school, practice, and homework), pure creatine with no filler, and whey protein. Go to nutraplanet, buy bulk monohydrate creatine, whey protein, and ZMA.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%

What can anyone tell me about BSN Cell Mass? He has been on me about trying it and I told him I needed to do some research on it. Is it safe to use for a 15 year old?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.41%

What can anyone tell me about BSN Cell Mass? He has been on me about trying it and I told him I needed to do some research on it. Is it safe to use for a 15 year old?

Safe? Yes. Recommended? No

Its a designer creatine product.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%

That is hard to say really. Basics like creatine, protein, fish oil, and etc is earlier than something like test boosters and etc. Just depends on him personally.

Right now for him it's

60% Diet
    20% Training

75% Diet
    20% Training
    5% Supplements

Any suggestions on the type of diet he should be eating? He eats a lot of lean protein such as chicken, fish and turn. He also eats beef jerky, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, protein bars and protein shakes. Also, as much milk as I can get him to drink, he doesn't like it but he does drink it.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.41%

Any suggestions on the type of diet he should be eating? He eats a lot of lean protein such as chicken, fish and turn. He also eats beef jerky, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, protein bars and protein shakes. Also, as much milk as I can get him to drink, he doesn't like it but he does drink it.
    This part ended it for me. Sports are for fun. Let the kid be a kid. Im out.
    Team En Vitro
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    This part ended it for me. Sports are for fun. Let the kid be a kid. Im out.
    I'm his mom, if he never played another down of football for the rest of his life I wouldn't care. HE PLAYS THE SPORT FOR HIMSELF NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE. I just want to get good information so that I can communicate it to him. Come on now... He is 15 years old, he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.39%

Then listen to an ex college football player. Get him bulk creatine and muscle milk and be done with it... Add one scoop of creatine to two scoops of muscle milk post lift.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I started my son lifting at 14 and never let him lift heavy till he was 16. I just keep it at food form. No supps whatsever, by the time he as 18 he was 6'2" 270 and running a 4.9 40. Spuatting close to 600 and deading in the mid 500's. You do not need supplements for teens.. you just need a good healthy diet. No heavy lifting till there 16 as you can do a lot of damage with the bones being still failrly soft. They will take off when there 16 cuz you have taught them perfect form.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I started my son lifting at 14 and never let him lift heavy till he was 16. I just keep it at food form. No supps whatsever, by the time he as 18 he was 6'2" 270 and running a 4.9 40. Spuatting close to 600 and deading in the mid 500's. You do not need supplements for teens.. you just need a good healthy diet. No heavy lifting till there 16 as you can do a lot of damage with the bones being still failrly soft. They will take off when there 16 cuz you have taught them perfect form.
    I was almost the same stats as him when I was 18. 6'1 and 274. That's a big boy right there! Kudos!
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I was almost the same stats as him when I was 18. 6'1 and 274. That's a big boy right there! Kudos!
    Yah he was a Center, should have seen him reak havoc on the second level..
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

I'm his mom, if he never played another down of football for the rest of his life I wouldn't care. HE PLAYS THE SPORT FOR HIMSELF NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE. I just want to get good information so that I can communicate it to him. Come on now... He is 15 years old, he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do.
    I am a football dad myself three boys three middle linebackers. The boys all love the sport, but it our responsiblitity as parents to make sure they are doing the right thing with there bodies. The thread has provided some great info for your son, protein,bcaa's creatine(lots of water),clean diet, and lots of sleep. Stay away from the weight gainers. My son has averaged 25lbs a years for the past two years by keeping it simple. He is 6' 195lb 4.7 mlb From a weightlifting perspection form, form , form. Proper technique will develope mass, compound movements squats, bench press, deadlifts.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%

Quote Originally Posted by GTB View Post
    I am a football dad myself three boys three middle linebackers. The boys all love the sport, but it our responsiblitity as parents to make sure they are doing the right thing with there bodies. The thread has provided some great info for your son, protein,bcaa's creatine(lots of water),clean diet, and lots of sleep. Stay away from the weight gainers. My son has averaged 25lbs a years for the past two years by keeping it simple. He is 6' 195lb 4.7 mlb From a weightlifting perspection form, form , form. Proper technique will develope mass, compound movements squats, bench press, deadlifts.
    Yes Sir, I agree as parents it is our responsiblitity as parents to make sure they are doing the right thing with there bodies. That is why I'm on here to get more information. I appreciate your feed back... Thank you!!!
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33%

Basketball is always an option. 6'1 now. 6'6 by the time he's a senior. No crazy people telling you crazy stuff. If he thinks he needs to gain weight eat, eat, and don't forget to eat but eat clean. Protein is número uno. He's working out too much. Hit the weights 3 to 4 days a week. Lessen, not avoid, the cardio to avoid burning all the calories. Lift big to get big. No high reps for muscle endurance. 8 reps per set max.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.45%

I used creatine monohydrate when I was 16.. I turned out alright lol. A lot of food, lifting, and then if you need to add another supplement I don't think there is anything wrong with creatine at that age as long as he stays hydrated and his coaches let him drink water when he needs it.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.45%

Also, something I have been doing since I was 16 for a cheap weight gainer is to get a small blender, mix 1.5 cups milk, 1 cup oats, and 1-1.5 scoops whey in the shake. You can add other food items as well. Easy 700+ calories you can drink in 5 minutes. I would stay away from the maltodextrin filled weightgainers and stick to home made shakes.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.84%

try vitamin a, at doses of between 50,000 and 80,000 IU/day. (most drugstore versions of vitamin a are only 8000 IU per softgel, so this is going to amount to about 7-10 softgels per day.) most people are way underdosed on vitamin a, and boosting it to those levels can have drastic effects on energy levels throughout the day.
    also, you should have him take a sublingual vitamin b-12 tablet, preferably 5000mcg if your drugstore carries that dosage. don't just use a “b complex” vitamin, as those tend to have basically negligible amounts of b12.

honestly, if you can get vitamin a and vitamin b12 to the right levels, your son may find that those two alone give him better (and longer-lasting) energy than pre-workout supplements.

in regard to the pre-workout supplements: your son should be EXTREMELY aware of the potential for dependency, both psychological and physiological, on those things.
    don't forget hydration, either; a lot of people don't drink enough fluids (or don't drink enough water, relative to fluids that are not water -- in general, you should try to drink 2-3 glasses of water for every 1 glass of a drink that is not water.) that may also be making a difference.
    especially if these guys are practicing in full pads, the effects of dehydration from practice can last for hours if your son doesn't chug the water like crazy.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.84%

also, another consideration is that he may not be getting enough dietary fat. you've mentioned the large number of LEAN sources of protein that he eats -- which, ironically, may be part of the problem in the first place (well, if there's actually anything that can really be called a problem here).
    remember that all of the body's natural steroid hormones (including testosterone and all the other androgens, whose quantity and circulation at your son's current age are laying the foundation for the rest of his life) are derived from FAT sources, including cholesterol. if your son's diet is too low in fat and cholesterol at this age, he may not fill out as much as with higher levels -- super important, as the effects of those things in the first couple of years post-puberty are irreversible to a certain degree.

you also didn't mention carbohydrates. does your son have an adequate carbohydrate intake for a high-school athlete? the boy is going to need a LOT of carbs, especially once you get into 2-a-day season.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.94%

^this. Solid advice.
    To little fat can cause hormonal shutdown. Been there.

Also, full fat milk is the healthiest and raw milk, if you can get it, is even better (and the taste is superior). Stay away from Ultra Heat Treated
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.45%

Quote Originally Posted by UKNoko View Post
    ^this. Solid advice.
    To little fat can cause hormonal shutdown. Been there.

Also, full fat milk is the healthiest and raw milk, if you can get it, is even better (and the taste is superior). Stay away from Ultra Heat Treated
    Very dangerous to get raw milk unless you live by somewhere you can get it FRESH
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.94%

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

Very dangerous to get raw milk unless you live by somewhere you can get it FRESH
    True.
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.21%

doesn't anyone else find the OP a bit odd?? She allows her "Son" to take Jacked 3d and wants her son to gain muscle but doesn't allow him to go online and research these things on his own. I don't know about the rest of you parents but my 13yr old knows more about the internet than me. Seems to me the Mom is the 15yrold and is only using it in a ruse.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.45%

Quote Originally Posted by WPD111 View Post
    doesn't anyone else find the OP a bit odd?? She allows her "Son" to take Jacked 3d and wants her son to gain muscle but doesn't allow him to go online and research these things on his own. I don't know about the rest of you parents but my 13yr old knows more about the internet than me. Seems to me the Mom is the 15yrold and is only using it in a ruse.
    I can see where she is coming from. She really is not doing anything horrible she is trying to get advice on how to let her son succeed in football so he can get a scholarship to college. If it were a 15 yr old it would be much easier to come on here and say "hey guys Im 18 play football what supplements can help me?".
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.21%

true..just felt it to be odd...maybe it's legit and i'm over reacting a bit.just my opinion
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.45%

true..just felt it to be odd...maybe it's legit and i'm over reacting a bit.just my opinion
    you never really know with the internet. You could be a 4 ft 11 in female who weighs 130 lbs lol
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.94%

I can see where she is coming from. She really is not doing anything horrible she is trying to get advice on how to let her son succeed in football so he can get a scholarship to college. If it were a 15 yr old it would be much easier to come on here and say "hey guys Im 18 play football what supplements can help me?".
    ...Or start one of the "i used havoc ...my balls shrunk... Help me" threads...

It's actually very admirable that she is looking for advice for what is best for him where many parents would don't give a damn and/or stick with some ill diet guidelines from the 50's.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.21%

you never really know with the internet. You could be a 4 ft 11 in female who weighs 130 lbs lol
    You got me ..I'm actually 5'1" 330lbs..;(
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.45%

You got me ..I'm actually 5'1" 330lbs..;(
    so I was off by 200 lbs
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.68%

He should eat beef first and then chicken breasts as best meats. These supply creatine through food sources, and most other meats and eggs do not. Beef also adds some other muscle growth factors. If he likes onions have him eat lots of those lightly cooked on his steak or beefburgers. Also extra virgin coconut oil for cooking and eating will make a difference. The onions and coconut oil are not test boosters, but they are foods that set a great foundation for high natural test. Find out which foods are high in zinc, selenium, magnesium, and natural sources of vitamin E. Keeping magnesium up to snuff helps the complete hormone cascade to lay the foundations for DHEA and test, although he should be okay with these anyway.

The one supplement I might advise for a 15 year old is fish oil, but not massive doses. It's an anti-inflammatory, which is not necessarily good for muscle growth as inflammation response is a part of muscle growth. Yet fish oil has some ability to free up bound testosterone, and it's great for motivation and attitude.

Oh yeah, dump the pre-wokout stims.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%

Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc
    Best supplement for the kid.

Pre Workout: Quick Oats
    Post Workout: Whole Milk

Protein: Chicken and lean steaks

Sleep 8-9 hours a day.

Pick up heavy items and put them down.

Profit in muscles!!
    This
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%

Quote Originally Posted by WPD111
    Actually he does go online and he does research on all types of supplements but I want to know myself because as in jake3d he only tells me what he wants me to know.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%

We live in an area where we can get raw milk very easily. Any risk in drinking raw milk?
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.45%

We live in an area where we can get raw milk very easily. Any risk in drinking raw milk?
    The risk involves an unknown amount/composition of microorganisms that may be growing in the milk. The risk is less if you are able to get the milk fresh simply because there is less time for bacterial growth. I personally do not think drinking raw milk has any advantages over pasteurized milk but others may disagree. I would not risk it personally.
  38. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by UKNoko View Post
    ...Or start one of the "i used havoc ...my balls shrunk... Help me" threads...

It's actually very admirable that she is looking for advice for what is best for him where many parents would don't give a damn and/or stick with some ill diet guidelines from the 50's.
    I think OP is that SAME fukcin person.....
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.93%

Yah I would nip the Jack3d in the bud, anybody tried to give that to my 15 year old, I would have issues with. Teenagers have enough energy, they don't have to get stimmed. I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes. Supps like this are for more mature people who aren't so impresionable. The stim in these products is no joke and some use DMAA as a party drug.... This is for responsible use only and I don't know if a 15 year old is mature enough for that.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.5%

Eat clean. Lift hard 5 days a week. Drink lots of water 1.5-2 gal/ day. Bulk creatine monohydrate. Pre workout if he wants to. I'm currently playing football in the NCAA and wish I would've known all this earlier! There are no short cuts. If he eats right, and works hard, he will succeed.
    Make sure you tell him to stay away from the juice though. I started a superdrol cycle the day I turned 16! Stunted my growth. Good luck to your son, football on scholarship is a blast!

Similar Forum Threads

1. strength supplements
    By D.Rabon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 02:02 PM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 12:23 PM
  3. Supplements for 48yo Male
    By ShakesAllDay in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 02:23 PM
  4. Replies: 236