Best supplements for mass and strength for a 15 yr old male

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by UKNoko
    He could use some additional digestive enzymes and bacteria if he hasn't got yoghurts in his diet and gets problems with GI when consuming 4k kcals. That's lots to process.
    True but he really hasn't had any issues with that. He drinks a large amount of water daily but I will definitely look into your suggestion if it becomes an issue. Thank you

2. Quote Originally Posted by footballmom View Post
    What are you referring to? "What the hell is going on these days"

He's 6'1 190 at 15, the kid clearly has superior genetics and should build on them before even touching a supplement. It truly irks me how many young kids put things in their bodies that they simply do not need. I was lucky enough to have a father that didn't allow me to use anything other than protein shakes and puberty.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal

He's 6'1 190 at 15, the kid clearly has superior genetics and should build on them before even touching a supplement. It truly irks me how many young kids put things in their bodies that they simply do not need. I was lucky enough to have a father that didn't allow me to use anything other than protein shakes and puberty.
    He is currently taking protein shakes and jack3d but after some information I have received on this thread he will no longer be using the jack3d. I just didn't know but it sounds like some of the supplements out there are just as harmful for a 15 year old as performance enhancement drugs are to adults. I will continue to let him use the protein shakes but nothing else until he is old enough to make his own decisions. I appreciate your input. Thank you

4. Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal View Post
    What the hell is going on these days......

Anyways as someone that starting lifting at 11 years old I can honestly say he needs to stick to the basics.

Protein, food, proper form and sleep.
    this

5. Props to a cool mom looking out for whats best for her son! I was not allowed to play football when I was in high school ! Best of luck to you both!
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM
    •   

6. Does he do any Olympic lifts? I think adding them, atleast cleans or power cleans, can do wonders for an athletes sprint. Especially for the 40yd.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox
    at 15?

food and strict form when lifting..
    This and creatine!

8. For you, considering your 15. You need Calories to be your Number 1 Supp. Everything else is extra....Most kids your age aren't eating the way they should. Get a head-start on them and eat the right way. If your playing a sport or lifting often, eat extra meals and lots of protein. You want to consume the majority of your calories from whole food for developmental benefits. Start here first. Maybe creatine mono would be my only other suggestion

9. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda
    Does he do any Olympic lifts? I think adding them, atleast cleans or power cleans, can do wonders for an athletes sprint. Especially for the 40yd.
    Yes he does many power cleans. That is actually one of his favorites to do. I am not sure what an Olympic lift is.

10. Seriously, using DMAA and hefty caffiene doses at 15. Forget football scholarship as he will be doing crack by 18. No need for stimulates at 15 unless just want a buzz. I had plenty of energy at his age. My 15 year old daughter is Olympic development program soccer, played varsity in 8th grade and played on a high school competitive team since 12 years old. These girls don't drink caffiene and do not eat sugar anywhere close to game time. Encouraging Jack3d at his age means he will start having to get artificially pumped up just to play football. Starting out on wrong foot mom.

11. FYI for all the "Jack3d will test positive for amphetamines" people.

It will not show on a standard NIDA 5 drug test. It would be possible to test for it, but somebody would only test for it if you were already suspected of using that drug and they would sports, it is tested for because it can be used as a performance enhancer, but a standard drug test does not test for it.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro

12. Quote Originally Posted by The Ripped
    Well for a 15 year old the best thing to do (safeness wise) is stick to the protien, perferibly Nitro Isolate which is the purest protien on the market 65g of protien per serving. If anything have him take glutamine its kinda like kre alkalyn but better. And jacked has alot of caffine and sugar and has a decent amount of creatine in it which cause water weight, a better pre workout would be Xpand whihc is my favorite.
    I agree. If your gonna overload anything at 15 it should be protein!!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    FYI for all the "Jack3d will test positive for amphetamines" people.

It will not show on a standard NIDA 5 drug test. It would be possible to test for it, but somebody would only test for it if you were already suspected of using that drug and they would sports, it is tested for because it can be used as a performance enhancer, but a standard drug test does not test for it.
    Correct, and Jack3d WILL get you banned from NCAA football. I know a couple years ago a kid at Grand Valley State (A D2 NCAA school) lost his senior year of football because of the 1,3D in Jack3d. So if you are going to get tested for performance enhancers which OP's son would most likely have to deal with later on Jack3d and in fact ANY Pre-work that is more stim than caffeine should be avoided. My recommendation is if you are going to play sports just better to ALWAYS error on the side of caution.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--

14. Quote Originally Posted by footballmom View Post
    So at what age do you suggest him using supplements?
    That is hard to say really. Basics like creatine, protein, fish oil, and etc is earlier than something like test boosters and etc. Just depends on him personally.

I'm probably/maybe alone here, but when I was younger I took creatine, protein, and a multi. I've never seen those a big deal for younger (15-17 year olds) who are training to take.

All of those things will be for naught if his diet, sleep, and training aren't on point.

Right now for him it's

60% Diet
    20% Training
    20% 15 year old test levels and age boost

That is a good way to look at it for him. Train hard, Eat hard but clean, and later on supplements can help with an edge. Then it's more of:

75% Diet
    20% Training
    5% Supplements

15. Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    I'm probably/maybe alone here, but when I was younger I took creatine, protein, and a multi. I've never seen those a big deal for younger (15-17 year olds) who are training to take.

All of those things will be for naught if his diet, sleep, and training aren't on point.

Right now for him it's

60% Diet
    20% Training

That is a good way to look at it for him. Train hard, Eat hard but clean, and later on supplements can help with an edge. Then it's more of:

75% Diet
    20% Training
    5% Supplements
    You aren't alone, that is pretty much what most of us have been saying. The reason being that those of us that started training in our teens and have been at it for a looong time, know that is what it takes.

16. I started around that age. My uncle suggested three things: ZMA for me to help me get better sleep since I was going from 6am to 10pm daily (school, practice, and homework), pure creatine with no filler, and whey protein. Go to nutraplanet, buy bulk monohydrate creatine, whey protein, and ZMA.

17. What can anyone tell me about BSN Cell Mass? He has been on me about trying it and I told him I needed to do some research on it. Is it safe to use for a 15 year old?

18. Quote Originally Posted by footballmom View Post
    What can anyone tell me about BSN Cell Mass? He has been on me about trying it and I told him I needed to do some research on it. Is it safe to use for a 15 year old?

Safe? Yes. Recommended? No

Its a designer creatine product.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro

19. Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    That is hard to say really. Basics like creatine, protein, fish oil, and etc is earlier than something like test boosters and etc. Just depends on him personally.

Right now for him it's

60% Diet
    20% Training

75% Diet
    20% Training
    5% Supplements

Any suggestions on the type of diet he should be eating? He eats a lot of lean protein such as chicken, fish and turn. He also eats beef jerky, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, protein bars and protein shakes. Also, as much milk as I can get him to drink, he doesn't like it but he does drink it.

20. Quote Originally Posted by footballmom View Post
    Any suggestions on the type of diet he should be eating? He eats a lot of lean protein such as chicken, fish and turn. He also eats beef jerky, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, protein bars and protein shakes. Also, as much milk as I can get him to drink, he doesn't like it but he does drink it.
    This part ended it for me. Sports are for fun. Let the kid be a kid. Im out.
    Team En Vitro

21. Quote Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    This part ended it for me. Sports are for fun. Let the kid be a kid. Im out.
    I'm his mom, if he never played another down of football for the rest of his life I wouldn't care. HE PLAYS THE SPORT FOR HIMSELF NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE. I just want to get good information so that I can communicate it to him. Come on now... He is 15 years old, he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do.

22. Then listen to an ex college football player. Get him bulk creatine and muscle milk and be done with it... Add one scoop of creatine to two scoops of muscle milk post lift.

23. I started my son lifting at 14 and never let him lift heavy till he was 16. I just keep it at food form. No supps whatsever, by the time he as 18 he was 6'2" 270 and running a 4.9 40. Spuatting close to 600 and deading in the mid 500's. You do not need supplements for teens.. you just need a good healthy diet. No heavy lifting till there 16 as you can do a lot of damage with the bones being still failrly soft. They will take off when there 16 cuz you have taught them perfect form.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

24. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I started my son lifting at 14 and never let him lift heavy till he was 16. I just keep it at food form. No supps whatsever, by the time he as 18 he was 6'2" 270 and running a 4.9 40. Spuatting close to 600 and deading in the mid 500's. You do not need supplements for teens.. you just need a good healthy diet. No heavy lifting till there 16 as you can do a lot of damage with the bones being still failrly soft. They will take off when there 16 cuz you have taught them perfect form.
    I was almost the same stats as him when I was 18. 6'1 and 274. That's a big boy right there! Kudos!

25. Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    I was almost the same stats as him when I was 18. 6'1 and 274. That's a big boy right there! Kudos!
    Yah he was a Center, should have seen him reak havoc on the second level..
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

26. Quote Originally Posted by footballmom View Post
    I'm his mom, if he never played another down of football for the rest of his life I wouldn't care. HE PLAYS THE SPORT FOR HIMSELF NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE. I just want to get good information so that I can communicate it to him. Come on now... He is 15 years old, he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do.
    I am a football dad myself three boys three middle linebackers. The boys all love the sport, but it our responsiblitity as parents to make sure they are doing the right thing with there bodies. The thread has provided some great info for your son, protein,bcaa's creatine(lots of water),clean diet, and lots of sleep. Stay away from the weight gainers. My son has averaged 25lbs a years for the past two years by keeping it simple. He is 6' 195lb 4.7 mlb From a weightlifting perspection form, form , form. Proper technique will develope mass, compound movements squats, bench press, deadlifts.

27. Quote Originally Posted by GTB View Post
    I am a football dad myself three boys three middle linebackers. The boys all love the sport, but it our responsiblitity as parents to make sure they are doing the right thing with there bodies. The thread has provided some great info for your son, protein,bcaa's creatine(lots of water),clean diet, and lots of sleep. Stay away from the weight gainers. My son has averaged 25lbs a years for the past two years by keeping it simple. He is 6' 195lb 4.7 mlb From a weightlifting perspection form, form , form. Proper technique will develope mass, compound movements squats, bench press, deadlifts.
    Yes Sir, I agree as parents it is our responsiblitity as parents to make sure they are doing the right thing with there bodies. That is why I'm on here to get more information. I appreciate your feed back... Thank you!!!

28. Basketball is always an option. 6'1 now. 6'6 by the time he's a senior. No crazy people telling you crazy stuff. If he thinks he needs to gain weight eat, eat, and don't forget to eat but eat clean. Protein is número uno. He's working out too much. Hit the weights 3 to 4 days a week. Lessen, not avoid, the cardio to avoid burning all the calories. Lift big to get big. No high reps for muscle endurance. 8 reps per set max.

29. I used creatine monohydrate when I was 16.. I turned out alright lol. A lot of food, lifting, and then if you need to add another supplement I don't think there is anything wrong with creatine at that age as long as he stays hydrated and his coaches let him drink water when he needs it.

30. Also, something I have been doing since I was 16 for a cheap weight gainer is to get a small blender, mix 1.5 cups milk, 1 cup oats, and 1-1.5 scoops whey in the shake. You can add other food items as well. Easy 700+ calories you can drink in 5 minutes. I would stay away from the maltodextrin filled weightgainers and stick to home made shakes.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. strength supplements
    By D.Rabon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 03:02 PM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 01:23 PM
  3. Supplements for 48yo Male
    By ShakesAllDay in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 03:23 PM