Supplement advice

Hajiroku

Hajiroku

Awards
  • Established
After reading hundreds of post and all the news updates on this site I finally decided to start a thread. I am going to start a lean cycle in a week and was wondering at what time would it be best to take my ALA? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hajiroku

Hajiroku

Awards
  • Established
ALA can be taken several times throughout the day, and would be best to be consumed just prior to meals with the largest amounts of carbs.
Great. Thanks for the input. I read mixed advice about the amounts that should be taken. Some people advise 2,000mg to 3,000mg a day. Should I be taking a 600mg ALA supplement five times a day?

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Great. Thanks for the input. I read mixed advice about the amounts that should be taken. Some people advise 2,000mg to 3,000mg a day. Should I be taking a 600mg ALA supplement five times a day?
Drop ALA in favor of the R form, or even more preferably, a salt stabilized form like Na or K - R-ALA.

ALA's halflife does not necessitate dosing 5x a day.

Hajiroku

Hajiroku

Awards
  • Established
Drop ALA in favor of the R form, or even more preferably, a salt stabilized form like Na or K - R-ALA.

Thank you, mr.cooper69. With all the research I tried to do I never came across this information. I was currently using "Jarrows Formula - ALA Sustain." Thanks to your information and some additional research I have decide to try "Doctor's Best, Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid Featuring Bioenhanced Na-RALA (100 mg)."

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards

Are the positive mood effects of ALA carried over with the other variants of it? I know NA or R-ALA are better nutrient partitioners. but man, I loved AI's ALA at 2 caps 3 times a day never felt better :)

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Are the positive mood effects of ALA carried over with the other variants of it? I know NA or R-ALA are better nutrient partitioners. but man, I loved AI's ALA at 2 caps 3 times a day never felt better :)
They should be amplified, especially with the bio-enhanced form.