Multi-Vitamin VS. Multi-Vitamin

ZaidFox

Awards
How much of a "good thing" is too much... or not enough? There are tons of Multi-Vitamins out there, but which one is your choice? How much supplementation do you need in one? Do you go for the one with abundance like Natures Way Alive, Pana-C, Vitamin Code, Source of Life? Or do you go for the shorter ingredient list like Centrum, One a day, NS generations, Universal Daily? What is your choice for your daily stress????

1newbie

Awards
Been using orange triad for a years. Multi, joint support, etc. Haven't been sick in 3-4 years, guess it's working. One of those supplements you don't notice until u run out. 6 horse pills a day just for a multi is kind of a PIA...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i use NOW adam.....if you can afford it use free form vit's

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i use NOW adam.....if you can afford it use free form vit's
This although now adam has pretty good quality. Its akways best to get full spectrum though

ZaidFox

Awards
I feel using the broader multi keeps me good . Always feel healthy and its good nutrition.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Orange Triad is my favorite multi-vitamin.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very big fan of Orange Triad here as well.

SNM

Awards
MyProtein Alpha men multi vit ... can't say i've even had a symptom of a cold since taking these. On the downside you have to take 4 per day and they taiste / smell vile!

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
It's more expensive, but I've found I'm a bigger fan of using individual Vitamin A (mixed caretenoids), Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E (mixed Tocopherols - I use Toco 8), along with ZMA or ZMK, Adaptogens, and Anti-Oxidants.

With the multi's you don't get the mixed caretenoids of Vitamin A, usually inferior forms of the different Vitamin B's, and usually one form of Vitamin E. After looking at all of that, and realize that most of the doses of the other components of the mutli vitamin are underdosed they really come off as garbage.

Taking them seperately allows for whatever dosing YOU choose, and more flexible dosing throughout the day. Then throwing in the adaptogens of your choice, and your dose, you get MUCH more benefit.

Having said that it's a more expensive option, but after realizing that most other supps are garbage, you're not really spending more a month if you go with your staples, and maybe a "toy to play with" here and there.

Just my opinion though.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's more expensive, but I've found I'm a bigger fan of using individual Vitamin A (mixed caretenoids), Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E (mixed Tocopherols - I use Toco 8), along with ZMA or ZMK, Adaptogens, and Anti-Oxidants.

With the multi's you don't get the mixed caretenoids of Vitamin A, usually inferior forms of the different Vitamin B's, and usually one form of Vitamin E. After looking at all of that, and realize that most of the doses of the other components of the mutli vitamin are underdosed they really come off as garbage.

Taking them seperately allows for whatever dosing YOU choose, and more flexible dosing throughout the day. Then throwing in the adaptogens of your choice, and your dose, you get MUCH more benefit.

Having said that it's a more expensive option, but after realizing that most other supps are garbage, you're not really spending more a month if you go with your staples, and maybe a "toy to play with" here and there.

Just my opinion though.
Yup agree! Aor makes a great multi tbo.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Yup agree! Aor makes a great multi tbo.
AOR does make a great multi. I heard they discontinued it though?? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. But I know a while back I wanted to give it a try and had a hard time finding it. Maybe I'm wrong though...

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Animal pak is pretty good. I starts taking dAA ad wondered why soft bowel movements were happening then I took my animal pak and I was fine. However it is 1-2 bags or 11-22 pills a day. Just for a multi and there is no pill identification

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I took *** men's sport for a couple years. I heard from many sources that the ingredients were poor quality. Finally just bought Orange Triad this week. 6 pills/day is no problem. I take way more than that with fish oil, super cissus, alpha t2, etc

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take my own mix of the following:

Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin B Complex
Selenium
Curcumin
Green Tea
Magnesium
Qunol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I was an advid Animal Pak user... It's a good amount of pills...

I always try different multis though. Right now I'm not taking 1 period

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was an advid Animal Pak user... It's a good amount of pills...

I always try different multis though. Right now I'm not taking 1 period
I still have a bout 20 packs of The Pak! Man thats like what? 10 pills? 3 of them are big as hell. Swallow em all up in one big gulp. Sometimes they'd hurt on the way down and get snagged by the epiglottis... ouch lol

Glad I don't take those anymore! First piss after ingesting those was like Mountain Dew leaving my body.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin A
Vitamin B Complex
Vitamin C
Vitamin D3
Vitamin E (Toco 8)
ZMA or ZMK
Selenium (not if I'm taking ZMK)
Astaxanthin
Grape Seed Extract
Green Tea Extract
Circumin
Ubiquinol
Na-R-ALA
Suma Root
Greens Powder or a Reds powder (Vitaberry by Primordial Performance is one of my favorites, tough to find the cash to buy it though. Using Controlled Labs greens how, and while I like the ingredient profile the spearmint flavor makes me want to gag. Who the hell likes drinking that? Maybe spearmint's just not for me. Why not use a lemon or orange flavor? I digress. Unfortunately I still have a 2nd bottle to use)

My base "vitamin" stack. Is it expensive? Yeah. But honestly, IMO, it will work out 10x better for you than almost any other supplements you'd waste money on.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I take my own mix of the following:

Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin B Complex
Selenium
Curcumin
Green Tea
Magnesium
Qunol
Look into adding a vitamin E and mineral complex if possible. I too drop the "A" in ACES, but when I do my monthly diet analysis, I consistently fall short in vitamin E and a couple minerals. Your diet is obviously likely different, but it's still worth checking out.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For a cover all basis multi that is inexpensive and not overdone, NOW ADAM gets my vote.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look into adding a vitamin E and mineral complex if possible. I too drop the "A" in ACES, but when I do my monthly diet analysis, I consistently fall short in vitamin E and a couple minerals. Your diet is obviously likely different, but it's still worth checking out.
What dosage am I looking for coop?

bushyman

bushyman

Awards
I use Garden of Life "Vitamin Code Men". It is pricey but I can tell you that the natural ingredients in there are much more easily absorbed by the body instead of synthetics and I had a skin problem that went away within 3 months of using it. I don't think I will ever go back to anything else.
As for my joints, a quality fish oil with do the trick with regular use. I've switched to Krill Oil.