N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) Read before supplementing - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) Read before supplementing

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    lulz.....you're kidding right? out of all the boards i post on, this has got to be one of the WORST as far as "broscientists" and stuff like that goes.....some of the arguments that STILL take place on here about ingredients like arginine and glutamine prove this point over and over. yes, there are some pretty smart guys on this board, but they are outnumbered by broscience followers
    Sorry... what did you say?

I couldn't read past the stupid ass usage of the term lulz.
    The Historic PES Legend

2. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    i love how people always skip over your posts, when you make a solid point lulz.....you're kidding right? out of all the boards i post on, this has got to be one of the WORST as far as "broscientists" and stuff like that goes.....some of the arguments that STILL take place on here about ingredients like arginine and glutamine prove this point over and over. yes, there are some pretty smart guys on this board, but they are outnumbered by broscience followers
    True. And this board a lot of times calls out those who are pushing the science with "I don't care what the science says" type responses. At the same time some of the most popular supplements on these boards have little to no scientific backing behind them (maybe a mouse study or something).

Broscience is sadly kind on the vast majority of health and fitness boards.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I hope I don't sound ignorant but oh well. Broscience is what I go by. Majority of the "supplements" we take is not going to have real scientific studies to back it up. Scientific studies don't mean much to me anyway, I'm not a scientist so I don't understand half the crap their talking about. Plus people can make a study say what they want it to based on agenda so what good are they? I want real life people "bros" telling me what they experienced taking a product. How it affected them, what sides, if it worked. Broscience is the tried and true method, thats real life scientific studies boys.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    I hope I don't sound ignorant but oh well. Broscience is what I go by. Majority of the "supplements" we take is not going to have real scientific studies to back it up. Scientific studies don't mean much to me anyway, I'm not a scientist so I don't understand half the crap their talking about. Plus people can make a study say what they want it to based on agenda so what good are they? I want real life people "bros" telling me what they experienced taking a product. How it affected them, what sides, if it worked. Broscience is the tried and true method, thats real life scientific studies boys.
    I think you're referring to anecdotal evidence as broscience. Anecdotal evidence is the bottom line. If there are 50 studies outlining how a substance has x effect, but 100% of people say it doesn't, it's worthless.

Broscience, on the other hand, is where people attempt to use science or scientific terms to make a statement, good or bad, about a product or substance but aren't applying the scientific method correctly.

If everyone on these boards told you that d-alpha supplement of the week had no research to back it up, but I told you that it took my bench press up 20 lbs, that's anecdotal evidence, not broscience.

If I tell you that creatine works by bumping up your testoserone levels with ammonia, quarks and quantum muscle fiber enhancers, that's bro science.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Answers

The anecdotal stuff means little to me. Lots of people claiming to love things that did not produce a different result than could be explained by proper training/dieting. Not to mention a lot of people are straight up dishonest. I keep seeing bloods posted about a test booster from someone secretly on TRT -- wtf?
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

it is a rather safe supplement, William Llewellyn and I have been looking into it for quite some time.
  7. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    *counts to 10* I will not post, I will not post, I will not post *counts to 10 again*
    Haha...I'm interested in your response.
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  8. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by J19891 View Post
    I think you're referring to anecdotal evidence as broscience. Anecdotal evidence is the bottom line. If there are 50 studies outlining how a substance has x effect, but 100% of people say it doesn't, it's worthless.

Broscience, on the other hand, is where people attempt to use science or scientific terms to make a statement, good or bad, about a product or substance but aren't applying the scientific method correctly.

If everyone on these boards told you that d-alpha supplement of the week had no research to back it up, but I told you that it took my bench press up 20 lbs, that's anecdotal evidence, not broscience.

If I tell you that creatine works by bumping up your testoserone levels with ammonia, quarks and quantum muscle fiber enhancers, that's bro science.
    well then "broscience" is a word being misused in 90% of the cases on here if what you say is true.....these guys use "broscience" to bash any anecdotal evidence OR misuse of science, so people need to start using the word appropriately if what you posted is to be valid. and trust me, they will continue to use broscience as an answer every time you try to challenge their new super duper scientific study with your anecdotal evidence. I'm with rsnake, I'll take "broscience" aka anecdotal evidence every time.....well depending on if the person is trying to sell me something versus just giving me random advice
  9. New Member
    Answers

ok new to this forum but I've taken DAA for 30 days and now pretty close to completing first bottle of NMDA. So i read this thread and am still confused. is it safe, not safe, toxic, not toxic? am i just better off taking DAA ? I'll tell you where Im leaning after reading all this; back to DAA.
  10. Advanced Member
    Answers

This should be good. Something akin to a group of 9 year olds discussing the intricacies of quantum physics while hopped up on candy.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by patrick35 View Post
    ok new to this forum but I've taken DAA for 30 days and now pretty close to completing first bottle of NMDA. So i read this thread and am still confused. is it safe, not safe, toxic, not toxic? am i just better off taking DAA ? I'll tell you where Im leaning after reading all this; back to DAA.
    If you have tried both and one works better for you, I would go with that one
    ***PES Representative***
    http://selectprotein.com
  12. Professional Member
    Answers

Intimidate SRT has gotten rave reviews from day one and will continue to do so! NMDA + a potent AI = win!
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    Intimidate SRT has gotten rave reviews from day one and will continue to do so! NMDA + a potent AI = win!
    How does that help him?
    ***PES Representative***
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by todd muelheim View Post
    This should be good. Something akin to a group of 9 year olds discussing the intricacies of quantum physics while hopped up on candy.
    Guffaw! Nearly did a spit take on the keyboard.

I tend to side with Coop on this. You're not likely to achieve blood levels of DAA or NMDA that will be excitotoxic. Delving into anecdotal land, I think you'd crap yourself silly trying to mega dose DAA and if excitotoxic effects were happening, they would likely be evident with some sort of symptom...either physically expressed or a decline in mental function. DAA has been on the shelves for awhile now.

I most certainly pay attention to the anecdotal since 99% of the supplements we use in this community are nowhere near what I would call "rigorously studied". We are simply too impatient to wait a lifetime until all the results are in..which is bad, but then the safety record of most supplements is pretty darn good.
  15. Professional Member
    Answers

How does that help him?
    i wasn't responding to Patrick, which is why I didn't quote him. I was merely commenting on the effectiveness of NMDA, which is a large portion of what this thread is about.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jordinator View Post
    One of the key things I found most interesting was this:

"
    When I first started researching NMDA, I was considering marketing it as a nutritional supplement. After delving in deeper however, a couple of things made me change my mind. First of all, I contacted the patent inventor to see if I could get some more information on NMDA. He regretfully told me that his later research failed to confirm his earlier findings, and that he had deemed the project not worthy of further pursuit. I also discovered that NMDA is potentially quite toxic and may destroy neurons in sensitive areas of the brain like the hippocampus and the basal ganglia. NMDA might also have the capacity to induce convulsions in susceptible individuals.
    "

but the whole piece is worth reading. Let me know what you guys think!
    I hear people talk about monosodium glutamate as an excitoxin too, yet people eat a chinabuffets and are fine
  17. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

tl;dr

I will co-sign whatever the man with a PhD in neuroscience and is currently active in the field, says about it
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    tl;dr

I will co-sign whatever the man with a PhD in neuroscience and is currently active in the field, says about it
    That man is pissed that this thread got pushed back into existence and wants to burn it with fire!!!
    ***PES Representative***
  19. Diamond Member
    Answers

tl;dr

lol, you took the words out of my mouth.

Every time I see him post in a thread like this I have to click on it.
    PES Representative
  20. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

That man is pissed that this thread got pushed back into existence and wants to burn it with fire!!!
    Side note: I ordered some ammonium dichromate which I will be setting on fire. Are the fumes gonna kill me and those around me?
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Side note: I ordered some ammonium dichromate which I will be setting on fire. Are the fumes gonna kill me and those around me?
    Fun! Nah, it's a carcinogen, so don't put it in a pipe, but it won't kill you if you're using it for pyrotechnics. Is this for a class or just for fun?
    ***PES Representative***
  22. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

Quality fun time with my kid
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Awesome dad!!!
    ***PES Representative***
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    i wasn't responding to Patrick, which is why I didn't quote him. I was merely commenting on the effectiveness of NMDA, which is a large portion of what this thread is about.
    Not really, it was more so a discussion on possible toxicity from oral NMDA rather than the effectiveness but by all means plug away.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. D-Aspartic Acid, Arachidonic Acid and Inhibit-E
    By liftsalot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 06:51 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 07:28 PM