How Much Leucine is in Modern BCAA?

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
I know the ratio is 8:1:1 and the serving size is 10g, but that includes glutatmine. Can someone point me to a post or site that says or or a rep tell me how many grams of BCAA's are actually in Modern BCAA? Thanks ahead of time!

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
8-1-1 BCAA Ratio

With the above in mind, we've formulated USPlabs Modern BCAA™ with an 8-1-1 leucine-isoleucine-valine ratio…

In terms of the leucine, the reasoning here is that, from a strictly technical standpoint, the data displays that only leucine and those other amino acids structurally related to leucine are responsible for the increase in mTOR commonly associated with BCAA supplementation.
Results & Value

As you know, many people are doubling, tripling, even quadrupling their dosage of BCAAs with a 2:1:1 & 4:1:1 bias in order to achieve better results…

Given the fact that leucine is most likely the amino acid responsible for this effect, particularly in skeletal muscle, having a formula with an 8:1:1 ratio eliminates the need for such increased dosing.

Effectively creating an enormous value in addition to the other benefits.

I thought it 's 8g Leuicine ,1g isoleuicine and 1g valine. but your right that adds to 10g and there's still the glutamine..mmmmmm

I think they only include the BCAA's in the 8.1.1 ratio and not the glutamine

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
8-1-1 BCAA Ratio

With the above in mind, we've formulated USPlabs Modern BCAA™ with an 8-1-1 leucine-isoleucine-valine ratio…

In terms of the leucine, the reasoning here is that, from a strictly technical standpoint, the data displays that only leucine and those other amino acids structurally related to leucine are responsible for the increase in mTOR commonly associated with BCAA supplementation.
Results & Value

As you know, many people are doubling, tripling, even quadrupling their dosage of BCAAs with a 2:1:1 & 4:1:1 bias in order to achieve better results…

Given the fact that leucine is most likely the amino acid responsible for this effect, particularly in skeletal muscle, having a formula with an 8:1:1 ratio eliminates the need for such increased dosing.

Effectively creating an enormous value in addition to the other benefits.

I thought it 's 8g Leuicine ,1g isoleuicine and 1g valine. but your right that adds to 10g and there's still the glutamine..mmmmmm

I think they only include the BCAA's in the 8.1.1 ratio and not the glutamine

If they did it'd be a 8:1:1:X ratio. Ratios mean diddly if you don't know the exact amount of the entire mix. 8:1:1 of 1g BCAA's is nothing compared to 8:1:1 of 10g.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a prop blend b/c USP doesn't want you to know...You could guesstimate it...figure 2g/glutamine (which is a standard dose in intraWO dinks)...leaving 8g being the BCAA's...

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
Well, not to get all high n' mighty, but they just lost a customer.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's a prop blend b/c USP doesn't want you to know...You could guesstimate it...figure 2g/glutamine (which is a standard dose in intraWO dinks)...leaving 8g being the BCAA's...
I wonder if it's 2g of glutamine or more...

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
who cares its good stuff and cant beat the price of bulk modern bcaa

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Remember, it's by weight. Glutamine is last so it is impossible for it to be 2g. In other words, the mere fact that glutamine exists in the blend means that it must be less than 8g leucine and under a gram each of isoleucine and valine. At that point, why even have a ratio? Just buy bulk leucine

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Is there any weight to the fact of needing the other 2 to support leucine?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Remember, it's by weight. Glutamine is last so it is impossible for it to be 2g. In other words, the mere fact that glutamine exists in the blend means that it must be less than 8g leucine and under a gram each of isoleucine and valine. At that point, why even have a ratio? Just buy bulk leucine
Yes, but how many licks does it take for you to reach the center of a Tootsie pop?

;)

I think we are arriving at roughly the same amounts (?), serving size is actually 12.22 grams (which would be total weight?)...w/10g's listed as the bcaa/glutamine...how much of a diff in weight would there be in all 4 components when they are micronized though? (srs, I don't know)

Your prerogative, of course...but USP sells all their supps with prop blends...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
no loss.....as mentioned already if youre so concerned with luecine then buy bulk

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yes, but how many licks does it take for you to reach the center of a Tootsie pop?

;)

I think we are arriving at roughly the same amounts (?), serving size is actually 12.22 grams (which would be total weight?)...w/10g's listed as the bcaa/glutamine...how much of a diff in weight would there be in all 4 components when they are micronized though? (srs, I don't know)

Your prerogative, of course...but USP sells all their supps with prop blends...
Matter cannot be created or destroyed. Just because something is micronized does not mean there is more of it. It could potentially have less volume, but that doesn't matter.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the new fruit punch tastes good...FWIW

But ive been using the bulk on NP because its the cheapest BCAA mix on all of the internets

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
ya know, the op makes a good point, what good is the ratio if you dont know the amounts? could be all glutamine. wtf, i didnt even think of it, just got a tub. i also got a tub of monster amino which clearly states total amounts of each so maybe ill have to stick with that. bummer. reps to clarify?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
ya know, the op makes a good point, what good is the ratio if you dont know the amounts? could be all glutamine. wtf, i didnt even think of it, just got a tub. i also got a tub of monster amino which clearly states total amounts of each so maybe ill have to stick with that. bummer. reps to clarify?
They are listed by weight; just do basic algebra. There is a maximum of 7.99g Leucine and a minimum of 7.27g leucine.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They are listed by weight; just do basic algebra. There is a maximum of 7.99g Leucine and a minimum of 7.27g leucine.
^ Remember this to everyone who is asking the question. The fact that it has sustamine in the blend does little to alter the total amount of Leucine in there because it is the last ingredient listed and therefore is the lightest. I don't think the difference of <1g of leucine per serving is enough to lose a customer over. Declaring their blend wouldn't make much of a difference either way to the totals as you know the ratio of the three heaviest ingredients. :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So... With anyone that's good at math & with a good guess, how mang grams of glutamine can we say are in this product?

pumpedcal

Awards
So I have been doing a lot of research about creatine and the creatnine levels that can be produced. European universities have been doing myostatin therapies using high doses of creatine and melatonin. They have successfully discovered that although it's not efficient as gene therapy but if you take in 5 grams of ten servings a day you should see fast results. I have been trying this for about 2 months with of course some other of my favorites and it's rank. I notice a lot more fullness and way way way more dramatic muscle growth and recovery. The trick to take in creatine properly is very simple. Spike your glucose levels and add some sugar to your 5 grams for it to enter your blood stream faster. You will see results. As for luecine take in 50 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. Try getting a powdered form or grind up your pills because it may slide right through your digestive process and be completely useless. Just some tips and tricks for you all. Take care.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I have been doing a lot of research about creatine and the creatnine levels that can be produced. European universities have been doing myostatin therapies using high doses of creatine and melatonin. They have successfully discovered that although it's not efficient as gene therapy but if you take in 5 grams of ten servings a day you should see fast results. I have been trying this for about 2 months with of course some other of my favorites and it's rank. I notice a lot more fullness and way way way more dramatic muscle growth and recovery. The trick to take in creatine properly is very simple. Spike your glucose levels and add some sugar to your 5 grams for it to enter your blood stream faster. You will see results. As for luecine take in 50 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. Try getting a powdered form or grind up your pills because it may slide right through your digestive process and be completely useless. Just some tips and tricks for you all. Take care.

View attachment 54550

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So... With anyone that's good at math & with a good guess, how mang grams of glutamine can we say are in this product?
Again, do the math. There is a minimum of 0.01g and a maximum of 0.91g.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Again, do the math. There is a minimum of 0.01g and a maximum of 0.91g.
Thx Coop, pleasure was all yours ;)
& math wasn't my strongest subject

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
Man, I bailed on this thread after I had my piece, thanks for elaborating y'all (especially mr.cooper)! While we're at it, doesn't pure leucine mix poorly and taste terrible? And before you say it, yes, I've tried crystal light/mio.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
Supplements 43
Supplements 30
Supplements 4
joebo Supplements 2