No gains on Anabeta / Erase / Formula X stack - Help / Thoughts

TxAggie

Awards
I have been on this stack for exactly one month now along with Creatine and have not seen any real results when it comes to strength gains. My buddy even said "You seemed to do better with just creatine last year." I am eating slightly cleaner but I am still getting 2200 + calories per day and I am getting 150 g of protein in whey shakes every day. I was really looking for a body re-composition and some strength gains. I'm working out 4-5 times per week doing a 5x5 type workout for each muscle group. I push myself on each set so I am at a loss.

I am dosing the Erase @ 3 per day, Anabeta @ 4 per day (1 at 1 hr before w/o), and 2 scoops of formula x 1 hr before workouts or before bed on off days. I do get the hunger side effects from the Anabeta everyone describes so that is one thing I figure is working.

I have started month #2 of this stack and I need some help. I don't want to waste another $100 before I figure out wtf I am doing wrong. Maybe I am not eating enough? Maybe my T levels were low to begin with and the stack isn't able to raise it enough? Should I continue on and see or go get my blood drawn to see maybe if my hormone levels are low.

**Please note this is not a bash on any product. I just want some help from the pro's on here.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
A question ... do you squat and deadlift? If so - how much and for how many reps?

Reason I'm asking is ... once your body has made the adaptation to progressive weight, it gets awfully hard to put on the necessary weight (read: muscle) to increase lifts. No increase in lifts - no increase in gains.

Unless you're squatting and deadlifting ... then it's a whole other ballgame.

sepulvd

sepulvd

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Idk how u haven't made gains but your cals seem alittle low. What's your height and weight and can you show us ur workout. Especially on a 5x5 you should gain steady strength

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Idk how u haven't made gains but your cals seem alittle low. What's your height and weight and can you show us ur workout. Especially on a 5x5 you should gain steady strength
Exactly - I get hungry just READING "2200 Calories" ... I think the last time I ate that little was when I was underway on a submarine for 100 days and we ran out of EVERYTHING except horse **** (boloney).

TxAggie

Awards
Libido has been excellent...just want the strength gains. My libido really seemed to fire up when I added the Vidatest. I started it 1 week after I started this stack.

TxAggie

Awards
A question ... do you squat and deadlift? If so - how much and for how many reps?

Reason I'm asking is ... once your body has made the adaptation to progressive weight, it gets awfully hard to put on the necessary weight (read: muscle) to increase lifts. No increase in lifts - no increase in gains.

Unless you're squatting and deadlifting ... then it's a whole other ballgame.
Neither on squats or deadlifts due to bad knees and poor balance. On leg day I am using machines and plate loaded leg press; my knees just cant take the heavy sets right now. I have had meniscus removed from both knees; last one was Oct 2011 then other Sept 2008.

TxAggie

Awards
Height = 5'6'' weight at 167. I had bf checked 3 weeks ago and was at 17.5%; most of the heavy readings were in my flanks. I can post each of the 7 measurements in a few. I had calories slightly lower b/c I want that bf % down some but according to MyFitnessPal I am > maintenance at calories.

Sounds like I need to bump it to 2600 - 2800?

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
I'm a firm believer in squats for strength gains! Squat big to get big!!! I started squating heavy and my bench went up!! Bench has always been my weakest lift and tonight I hit 315 pretty easy for my PR!! Shut up and SQUAT!!

TxAggie

Awards
I'm a firm believer in squats for strength gains! Squat big to get big!!! I started squating heavy and my bench went up!! Bench has always been my weakest lift and tonight I hit 315 pretty easy for my PR!! Shut up and SQUAT!!
I have been working on my legs a lot lately to try and rehab the knee's a little. The 315 is impressive man but i got a ways to go to get there...congrats on the PR!

sepulvd

sepulvd

Awards
  • First Up Vote
We around the same height am 5'5 and weight 175. I try to eat around 3000 aday. You need to raise ur cals and step up the cardio if u don't want to gain fat at a higher cal count. Hmm it will be hard not to get strength with out squatting or deadlifting but you don't need to do them to get big does if help yes but not required.

sepulvd

sepulvd

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Instead of deadlifting you can always try rack pulls I feel it alot less on my lowerbody AND more jn my back. Something jus keeping on leg pressing you can always do high reps around 20 reps to get a killer workout it's has to be done with a decent weight were by the time u get to the 12 rep ur like wtf was I thinking trying this lol

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The reason you arent making gains isn't because supplements arent working. People make gains without any supplements...supplements are icing on the cake

TxAggie

Awards
Instead of deadlifting you can always try rack pulls I feel it alot less on my lowerbody AND more jn my back. Something jus keeping on leg pressing you can always do high reps around 20 reps to get a killer workout it's has to be done with a decent weight were by the time u get to the 12 rep ur like wtf was I thinking trying this lol
Thanks for the advice. I will add in some rack pulls to get an idea but it really seems to be the lack of calories. I am going to bump the calories another 300-500 calories and add in some cardio.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I LOVE seeing the squat and dead recommendations! There is nothing better for building size and strength.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
fix your diet, report back in one month....end thread

TonyGT

TonyGT

Awards
  • Established
Best way for anabeta to work for me is high protein and high calories. I ran 4ed solo first time of it and saw about 5lb lbm gain. Now I am running it at 6ed with erase @ 3ed and I am down in weight and up in strength. But this time around I'm running low carb. Also I may add that my vascularity is crazy right now.

witchdawg7

witchdawg7

Banned
Awards
Diet is the key my man and as the others advised ...seriously stress yourself on the squats and deads. If you aren't gasping for air, seeing stars and looking for a garbage can to puke in at the end of the set then add more weight and press on! LOL

I have ran the stack of Anabeta, Erase and DAA - 2 times now and loved it. I used 6 Anabeta (2 Pre, 2 Post and other 2 spread out)
I mean I really loved it. For me personally it was the best natty stack I have ever used.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Odd you havn't been seeing any gains, all tho I've been dealing with a lower back and knee injury for the last year, just doing upper body weights my gains were really bad, once I was able to start adding in light leg workouts thats when gains boosted up big time, even bodyweight squats for 25 reps for a bunch of sets compared to no leg work made a huge difference. I would keep on working on the knees until you can do bodyweight squats again, make sure your knees are not going inwards when you squat, that hurts the knee more than anything.

Up the cals, work on the knee so you can squat again. That with the stack your on should give some nice gains.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been on this stack for exactly one month now along with Creatine and have not seen any real results when it comes to strength gains. My buddy even said "You seemed to do better with just creatine last year." I am eating slightly cleaner but I am still getting 2200 + calories per day and I am getting 150 g of protein in whey shakes every day. I was really looking for a body re-composition and some strength gains. I'm working out 4-5 times per week doing a 5x5 type workout for each muscle group. I push myself on each set so I am at a loss.

I am dosing the Erase @ 3 per day, Anabeta @ 4 per day (1 at 1 hr before w/o), and 2 scoops of formula x 1 hr before workouts or before bed on off days. I do get the hunger side effects from the Anabeta everyone describes so that is one thing I figure is working.

I have started month #2 of this stack and I need some help. I don't want to waste another $100 before I figure out wtf I am doing wrong. Maybe I am not eating enough? Maybe my T levels were low to begin with and the stack isn't able to raise it enough? Should I continue on and see or go get my blood drawn to see maybe if my hormone levels are low.

**Please note this is not a bash on any product. I just want some help from the pro's on here.
No strength gains at all, i.e. not even rep increases? Something is wrong if this is the case. AnaBeta on the whole receives very positive feedback. Out of the few cases of bad feedback we have received a couple of those tried it again with an increase in carbs and calories and reported much more success.

Best way for anabeta to work for me is high protein and high calories. I ran 4ed solo first time of it and saw about 5lb lbm gain. Now I am running it at 6ed with erase @ 3ed and I am down in weight and up in strength. But this time around I'm running low carb. Also I may add that my vascularity is crazy right now.
Diet is the key my man and as the others advised ...seriously stress yourself on the squats and deads. If you aren't gasping for air, seeing stars and looking for a garbage can to puke in at the end of the set then add more weight and press on! LOL

I have ran the stack of Anabeta, Erase and DAA - 2 times now and loved it. I used 6 Anabeta (2 Pre, 2 Post and other 2 spread out)
I mean I really loved it. For me personally it was the best natty stack I have ever used.
Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
also please dont let a little fat gain turn your smile upside down, im not counting cals at the moment but am prolly around 3500, hard intense training, proper supplementation, and excess cals goes along way!

TxAggie

Awards
Yeah thanks for the help and motivation guys. I am definitely bumping it up and will see what happens. I calculated out yesterdays calories and it came out being around 2800. Today for lunch i had a double meat footlong oven roasted chicken breast (4 total) to get it up and get some extra protein.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep us updated. If your programme has stagnated to the point you are making no increases on a session by session basis then it is probably time to change it up.

Good luck. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. :)

Ben

J19891

J19891

Awards
Yeah thanks for the help and motivation guys. I am definitely bumping it up and will see what happens. I calculated out yesterdays calories and it came out being around 2800. Today for lunch i had a double meat footlong oven roasted chicken breast (4 total) to get it up and get some extra protein.
I really think bumping up your calories should do the trick. In an earlier post you mentioned the "hunger side effect" of anabeta. Hunger really shouldn't be thought of as a side effect, think of it as an increased capacity to eat as many (clean) calories as possible. Try switching your program up and throw in some heavy singles every few workouts.

TxAggie

Awards
Post your macros, not just your total cals.
I am at a 40 / 40 / 20 ratio (protein/carbs/fats) right about now. I have checked it the past 3 days and all were around 41/38/21 range.

Lots of my protein comes from whey shakes (about 150 g per day spread over 3 shakes).

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I have a real hard time with Deadlifts as well, it sucks, my shoulders do not handle well the pressure on them with pulling them down.

Deadlift seems to be the only real case where this happens, all my other movements are fine, so I feel your pain there, ditching out one of the staples of a workout routine sucks.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
U need more food protein!! I tried AB on a 150 gram carb diet and nothing until I almost doubled that on high days clean carbs though!

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am at a 40 / 40 / 20 ratio (protein/carbs/fats) right about now. I have checked it the past 3 days and all were around 41/38/21 range.

Lots of my protein comes from whey shakes (about 150 g per day spread over 3 shakes).
Get more of your protein from food.

What kind of carbs? Good carbs?

40/40/20 is my favorite bulking ratio