L-Dopa / Mucuna Pruriens question

  1. Registered User
    uubiduu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    731
    Rep Power
    110546

    L-Dopa / Mucuna Pruriens question


    A seller on ebay offers a 99% Mucuna Pruriens extract. That stuff would be considerably cheaper than buying NOW's 15% Dopa Mucuna. Dosage recommendation on ebay was 3*100mg. Do you think all the positive effects from Dopa Mucuna like prolactin reduction and so on would also be delivered by the 99% extract or is this too concentrated? A certificate of analysis is also delivered. What do you think guys?

  2. Registered User
    J19891's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    4882

    ehhh, I'm a little leary about buying anything from ebay retailers like that. Is the mucuna standardized for L-dopa? They're providing a certificate of authenticity but who performed the test? Who's to say the mucuna you're getting is even from the same batch that was authenticated? That's like buying extacy from a random stranger in the ghetto man, it's worth an extra 10% to deal with legit sources and not end up foaming at the mouth in the ER.
  3. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,150
    Rep Power
    1131967

    With a product like mucuna that relies heavily on the L-dopa content and concentration, I would never buy from anyone except a reputable company.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Elysium
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,902
    Rep Power
    122079
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  5. Registered User
    uubiduu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    731
    Rep Power
    110546

    i cannot buy from us sources as that will lead to customs problems. i am a german and only can order in t
    he uk.

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1808431612...=p5197.c0.m619

    pls delete the link if not allowed
  6. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,495
    Rep Power
    4204663

    It all depends on the sellers rating.
  7. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,495
    Rep Power
    4204663

    Seller has 100% positive feedback. You can look at the comments and feedback and such...I would say go for it.
  8. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,150
    Rep Power
    1131967

    What does a seller rating mean when you are buying a bulk supplement? If they were buying sealed bottled product, that would be different. I don't know, I just wouldn't mess with it when you can get mucuna fairly cheap and know what you are buying- or at least have a much better idea.
  9. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,495
    Rep Power
    4204663

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    What does a seller rating mean when you are buying a bulk supplement? If they were buying sealed bottled product, that would be different. I don't know, I just wouldn't mess with it when you can get mucuna fairly cheap and know what you are buying- or at least have a much better idea.

    How long have you been an eBay member?
  10. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,150
    Rep Power
    1131967

    What? I know you are trying to get snarky, but you have no reason. Buy what you want.
  11. mw1
    mw1 is online now
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,682
    Rep Power
    3211221

    Quote Originally Posted by J19891 View Post
    ehhh, I'm a little leary about buying anything from ebay retailers like that. Is the mucuna standardized for L-dopa? They're providing a certificate of authenticity but who performed the test? Who's to say the mucuna you're getting is even from the same batch that was authenticated? That's like buying extacy from a random stranger in the ghetto man, it's worth an extra 10% to deal with legit sources and not end up foaming at the mouth in the ER.
    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    With a product like mucuna that relies heavily on the L-dopa content and concentration, I would never buy from anyone except a reputable company.
    Agreed 100%

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  12. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,083
    Rep Power
    3183232

    The powder is white so thats a good sign at least
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  13. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    How long have you been an eBay member?
    I've been an ebay and paypal member since '99......you want to tangle with that join date?
  14. Registered User
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,661
    Rep Power
    830325

    It sounds to me like your instincts are already telling you the answer. I would follow them.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mucuna Pruriens
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 07:31 PM
  2. L-dopa/mucuna pruriens dosage?
    By AtomicFox in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 09:35 AM
  3. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 12:05 PM
  4. Is my Mucuna Pruriens (L-Dopa) standardized too low?
    By Super Saiyan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
  5. Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in