L-Dopa / Mucuna Pruriens question - AnabolicMinds.com

L-Dopa / Mucuna Pruriens question

1. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

L-Dopa / Mucuna Pruriens question

A seller on ebay offers a 99% Mucuna Pruriens extract. That stuff would be considerably cheaper than buying NOW's 15% Dopa Mucuna. Dosage recommendation on ebay was 3*100mg. Do you think all the positive effects from Dopa Mucuna like prolactin reduction and so on would also be delivered by the 99% extract or is this too concentrated? A certificate of analysis is also delivered. What do you think guys?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.

ehhh, I'm a little leary about buying anything from ebay retailers like that. Is the mucuna standardized for L-dopa? They're providing a certificate of authenticity but who performed the test? Who's to say the mucuna you're getting is even from the same batch that was authenticated? That's like buying extacy from a random stranger in the ghetto man, it's worth an extra 10% to deal with legit sources and not end up foaming at the mouth in the ER.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

With a product like mucuna that relies heavily on the L-dopa content and concentration, I would never buy from anyone except a reputable company.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

5. Advanced Member

i cannot buy from us sources as that will lead to customs problems. i am a german and only can order in t
    he uk.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1808431612...=p5197.c0.m619

pls delete the link if not allowed
  6. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It all depends on the sellers rating.
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Seller has 100% positive feedback. You can look at the comments and feedback and such...I would say go for it.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What does a seller rating mean when you are buying a bulk supplement? If they were buying sealed bottled product, that would be different. I don't know, I just wouldn't mess with it when you can get mucuna fairly cheap and know what you are buying- or at least have a much better idea.
  9. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    What does a seller rating mean when you are buying a bulk supplement? If they were buying sealed bottled product, that would be different. I don't know, I just wouldn't mess with it when you can get mucuna fairly cheap and know what you are buying- or at least have a much better idea.

How long have you been an eBay member?
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

What? I know you are trying to get snarky, but you have no reason. Buy what you want.
  11. mw1
    Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by J19891 View Post
    ehhh, I'm a little leary about buying anything from ebay retailers like that. Is the mucuna standardized for L-dopa? They're providing a certificate of authenticity but who performed the test? Who's to say the mucuna you're getting is even from the same batch that was authenticated? That's like buying extacy from a random stranger in the ghetto man, it's worth an extra 10% to deal with legit sources and not end up foaming at the mouth in the ER.
    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    With a product like mucuna that relies heavily on the L-dopa content and concentration, I would never buy from anyone except a reputable company.
    Agreed 100%

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  12. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The powder is white so thats a good sign at least
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  13. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    How long have you been an eBay member?
    I've been an ebay and paypal member since '99......you want to tangle with that join date?
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It sounds to me like your instincts are already telling you the answer. I would follow them.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mucuna Pruriens
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 07:31 PM
  2. L-dopa/mucuna pruriens dosage?
    By AtomicFox in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 09:35 AM
  3. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 12:05 PM
  4. Is my Mucuna Pruriens (L-Dopa) standardized too low?
    By Super Saiyan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
  5. Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 07:07 PM