Who makes their own Pre-WO supps?

  1. Who makes their own Pre-WO supps?


    Was talking with Wifey last night about why she likes certain supps for her workouts... And I started thinking, how can I save money and keep her and I happy with our preworkout supps...?

    She likes Neurocore, I hate MuscleTech... So I was scheming on how to mimic their formula, because it's actually a pretty dope product.

    A hybrid of what they're doing had me pricing bulk powders and came u with this combo:

    (1 serving)
    1-3,dimethylamylamine 25mg
    Beta alanine 4g
    Creatine mono 5g
    Caffeine 300mg
    Citrulline Malate 4 g
    Taurine 4g
    Stevia 1 tbsp
    G2 powder mix or Crystal Light packet

    It would be about $125 to get 125 servings, lasting the both of us 62 workouts, which at 4-5 a week would last about three months. This is including the Gatorade powder... Not sure where to find bulk Crystal Light.

    The dosing of the 1-3,dimeth and caffeine in a single serving would theoretically alleviate the need for doubling or tripling serving size as well, allowing it to stretch pretty good.

    I could see this mixture being tough to dissolve, leaving a lot of powder left over... Only time will tell.
    What y'all think of this?

    What pre-workout ****tails do you make before you crush the gym?

    What combos have you found that worked, or that flat out sucked balls?


  2. 30 min before:
    Alcar
    Beta alanine
    Taurine
    E-bol
    Formula x or just bulk daa
    (all recommend serving)

    On top of

    45 min before:
    Craze (one scoop)
    Hemoval (one scoop)

    And

    Hour before:
    Vit D 3
    B complex
    Vit C
    Testpro or Perform
    Cordygene vo2

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Kekkuk
    30 min before:
    Alcar
    Beta alanine
    Taurine
    E-bol
    Formula x or just bulk daa
    (all recommend serving)

    On top of

    45 min before:
    Craze (one scoop)
    Hemoval (one scoop)

    And

    Hour before:
    Vit D 3
    B complex
    Vit C
    Testpro or Perform
    Cordygene vo2
    Wow. You should be able to fly after that concoction...
    •   
       


  4. yeah. I even left out a couple things...it gets serious. Then Strive during and my post wo mix.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Kekkuk
    30 min before:
    Alcar
    Beta alanine
    Taurine
    E-bol
    Formula x or just bulk daa
    (all recommend serving)

    On top of

    45 min before:
    Craze (one scoop)
    Hemoval (one scoop)

    And

    Hour before:
    Vit D 3
    B complex
    Vit C
    Testpro or Perform
    Cordygene vo2
    Do you really need all that to get in a gym and lift? ;/

  6. That seems mad expensive. Im not paid enough to go in like this - that's why I was scheming on brewing my own stuff to save in comparison to buying two tubs of Rage every month at $30+ a pop.

  7. Right. Most are bulk. Hemoval was given to me. I consider the craze stims and creatine.

  8. for some of the killer deals at nutra its hard not buy one....

  9. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    for some of the killer deals at nutra its hard not buy one....
    ...page.

  10. I love making my own pre workouts using bulk ingredients. I run into two problems though: how expensive it can be and the horrid taste that is hard to mask. I recently bought a capping machine that has helped but in the end I think its better just to buy a pre and add in the extras you want

  11. I've thought about doing this myself but ... how do you get a consistent dose?

    Let's say you made a pre-workout from a number of ingredients ... how do you mix them to get consistency? Things settle don't they?

    In other words ... you have a pound of "homebrew" and you threw enough Creatine in there to make sure you had 5 grams per serving. But ... say the Creatine all settles to the bottom - and it's hard to tell because it's white ... just like several other ingredients in your homebrew. How do you prevent this?

    This gets real exciting when you talk about mixing in stimulants. If those settle into one pocket of your homebrew container ... whhooooo boy!

  12. I just shake them up before I dose. Besides, most pwo have proprietary blends. I'm betting that's even more inconsistent.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Kekkuk View Post
    I just shake them up before I dose. Besides, most pwo have proprietary blends. I'm betting that's even more inconsistent.
    This... its kinda a risk you take making a homebrew. When it comes to supplements I think prop blends are great if the company is legit and has a well known reputation.

    When making my own mix though.. i usually dont make a tub of it per say. i usually put in only what i need for that one use

  14. Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T

    This... its kinda a risk you take making a homebrew. When it comes to supplements I think prop blends are great if the company is legit and has a well known reputation.

    When making my own mix though.. i usually dont make a tub of it per say. i usually put in only what i need for that one use
    That's a good point. Anyone consider bagging em up in the nickel bags you can get from the gas station? People would def stare then... And I thought people looked at me funny when I downed Animal products

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Go Away

    That's a good point. Anyone consider bagging em up in the nickel bags you can get from the gas station? People would def stare then... And I thought people looked at me funny when I downed Animal products
    I got pulled over and searched. Had a baggie full of pwo and unmarked pills...and a record. Fun stuff.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T

    This... its kinda a risk you take making a homebrew. When it comes to supplements I think prop blends are great if the company is legit and has a well known reputation.

    When making my own mix though.. i usually dont make a tub of it per say. i usually put in only what i need for that one use
    Even if they're reputable, the chances of that scoop getting the exact mix as intended is highly unlikely.
    That's why I like knowing what I get by adding each ingredient individually.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Dcp makes me get hot...
    By p00ndawg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 01:21 PM
  2. Jp8 makes me hungry?
    By externational in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 03:05 AM
  3. Makes you think....
    By Big Matt in forum Politics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 10:11 AM
  4. my prop makes me cry :.-(
    By Billy the kid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Log in
Log in