Fat boy tired of being fat... First cutting log ever!!

lukedubas

Awards
Ok, first thing first. I am very self-consious so I am tentative of posting pictures but depending on my mood I may post them sometime. I am a full time college student and am just sick of being fat. I have been a varsity athlete throughout high school in football and wrestling. I got up to around 290 pounds and was just kinda idol there. So far I have lost 45 pounds and am down to 245 but im not satisfied at all.

my lifting program can be found here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/196085-critique-my-complete.html
Yes it is jumbled but down a few posts it is there in order.
I have been lifting for the past 5 years if that matters

me now: 6 foot 245lbs id say around 25% bodyfat 19 years old

Goals: 210-215 and 10-12% bf (obviously not in the next 3 months)

Just a simple stack for me for the next 3 months.

Staples:
Modern BCAA or recoverPRO (any input on this)
Fish oil
multivitamin
Iso100
Torrent
Jack3d
creatine mono

stack:
2 months of
Oxyelite Pro- 1 upon waking and 1 6 hours later and another 6 hours after that (or should i do 2 am and 1 6 hours later?)
Alpha t2- 2 upon waking and 1 at night
Erase- 1 upon waking 1 afternoon 1 before bed

Final month:
I was thinking endosurge? but not sure if i should stack it with anything? or maybe use it with the first two months and that be all??
any input on that would be great

Cardio:i do cardio monday thru saturday about 30-45 min on the elliptical at low resistance keeping my hear rate between 120-140

Diet: for the first 45 pounds lost i have been doing simply low carb.. its honestly as simple as that. i haven't ever done macros or anything like that i just eat healthy and stay away from carbs.

I just started the leangains diet and it is going to go like this...

USUALLY

Meal 1: 1215/30pm
6oz (salmon/tilapia/ono)
1 cups veggies (broccoli/green beans/spinach)
1 cup oatmeal
iso100 shake
18 almonds

workout around 3/330pm(see workout above)
BCAA intra
torrent/iso100 mix post

meal 2 45min post w/o:
8oz boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
2 cups veggies (broccoli/green beans/spinach)
12 almonds

Final meal 7/8 pm:
8 oz tuna
2tbs natty pb on wholegrain bread
1 cup veggies (broccoli/green beans/spinach)
12 almonds

fast till 1230 next day.

like i said my first ever leangains so critique in any way.
and for that matter the first ever stack i have done!

please critique any and everything.

i will be updating as often as possible. hopefully every few days

I think that is everything..

lukedubas

Awards
i think i will start this once i reach 235.. fair enough?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks good! No need to post pics. You do whatever you are comfortable doing:) And definitely keep us posted!

lukedubas

Awards
gym today.. was just cardio. easy easy elliptical for 40 min heart rate between 130-140

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
you ever think about pushing yourself harder on the cardio?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
modern bcaa vs revoverpro.....whatever fits your budget, recoverpro is delicious though

lukedubas

Awards
you ever think about pushing yourself harder on the cardio?
i am never opposed to going harder on the cardio, but i do cardio right before my workouts so i usually tend to only do 30-45 min.. what is your suggestion for me? im curious

guido gorilla

Awards
If you don't really care too much about muscle loss, I'd recommend some HIIT or interval cardio. Speeds up your metabolism for days & you will see good fat loss.
There's info all over the net about interval training.
Good luck bro!

lukedubas

Awards
If you don't really care too much about muscle loss, I'd recommend some HIIT or interval cardio. Speeds up your metabolism for days & you will see good fat loss.
There's info all over the net about interval training.
Good luck bro!
i was doing hiit for a while but i was told that because i dont ingest so many carbs that low intensity cardio would be more beneficial, plus i dont want to lose too much muscle

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
alot of people have success with hiit cardio for muscle preservation...i wouldnt worry about losing muscle

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
i am never opposed to going harder on the cardio, but i do cardio right before my workouts so i usually tend to only do 30-45 min.. what is your suggestion for me? im curious
cardio after your workout.

go harder on the cardio. I see people talking while doing cardio, getting on their phones and hardly breaking sweats.. they workout the same way and if you saw them outside the gym you wouldn't be able to tell they ever stepped inside a gym. There are time and places i suppose for easy cruise control cardio.. but they really don't do anything for your metabolism compared to pushing yourself and getting your heart rate up.

I approach cardio like i approach my lifting routine.. i want to see a constant improvement, whether it be going faster, longer, at a higher resistance etc.... easy does it cardio when i'm tired as hell or killed it beforehand with a leg workout.. not the norm

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
even if im not eating a lot of carbs like rice whole grains ect
at your higher body fat levels, as long as you are lifting hard i dont see why your body would burn muscle tissue over fat...

lukedubas

Awards

go harder on the cardio. I see people talking while doing cardio, getting on their phones and hardly breaking sweats.. they workout the same way and if you saw them outside the gym you wouldn't be able to tell they ever stepped inside a gym. There are time and places i suppose for easy cruise control cardio.. but they really don't do anything for your metabolism compared to pushing yourself and getting your heart rate up.

I approach cardio like i approach my lifting routine.. i want to see a constant improvement, whether it be going faster, longer, at a higher resistance etc.... easy does it cardio when i'm tired as hell or killed it beforehand with a leg workout.. not the norm
ok how does 45 min sound but keeping my heart rate around 160-170?

lukedubas

Awards
at your higher body fat levels, as long as you are lifting hard i dont see why your body would burn muscle tissue over fat...
touche.. thanks for the input.. is it ok to switch between hiit and the other every other time? or stick with one?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
that would be your preference, back in the day when i used to cut with hydroxycut (with ephedra) i only used a jumprope for 15min intervals

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
these days i use a stationary bike...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
as bad as this is.. i cant jumprope...
Nothing wrong with that man. Consider setting that as a goal! Jumping rope is a great test of cardio and overall endurance. It seems simple enough and something most of us did for hours in grade school gym class, but hand somebody who thinks they are in really great shape a jumprope and they will more than likely be quite humbled.

lukedubas

Awards
Nothing wrong with that man. Consider setting that as a goal! Jumping rope is a great test of cardio and overall endurance. It seems simple enough and something most of us did for hours in grade school gym class, but hand somebody who thinks they are in really great shape a jumprope and they will more than likely be quite humbled.
thats a good idea ill try to be able to be a good jump roper!

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
ok how does 45 min sound but keeping my heart rate around 160-170?
you know, i'm not sure about the heart rate.. apparently my max heart rate is suppose to be 188 since i'm 34.. and i know that i've gotten it over that, 210 at one time recently and still didn't feel "maxed".. on some days i can feel tired at a 160 HR and other days i can go solid at 180 HR... it depends really on how much energy i have which is often related to my pre-workout nutrition

so i'm not too worried about what the heart rate is.. more concerned about pushing myself.. and just like with say bench press.. where you want to see improvements in stamina, strength, weight lifted.. i want to see improvements in my cardio as well... i want to be faster, better stamina, higher resistance.. the more my cardio improves the better shape i am becoming as opposed to doing the same cardio routine at an easy pace...you're just burning calories. A lot of people subscribe to that, none to very little of which are highly trained athletes though.

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
Definitely put your cardio sessions after your training, that way you are in fat burning mode while maintaining a high heart rate.

Make your lifting sessions last 45-60 minutes and cardio 30-45 minutes. I guarantee you'll see major results switching their orders up.

You could do fasted cardio in the AM too - low intensity for 30 minutes while sipping some aminos. Do this a few times a week, along with post workout cardio and you'll be golden.

lukedubas

Awards
i would be doing fasted in the am except i have school and work so that restricts that, and ok i will switch them up and go balls to the wall!! thanks for the input you guys!

lukedubas

Awards
shoulder day today-

1. Dumbbell Military Press
65x12x12x12x12
2. Seat Front Dumbbell Raise
25x12x12x12x12
3. Standing Side Lateral Raise
30x12x12x12x12
4. Rear Deltoid Machine
100x12x12x12x12
and then just ended it with 45 of high intensity cardio and sipped some recoverpro throughout my workout

lukedubas

Awards
chest day!

db incline-
50x15
85x12
80x12
75x12

bench press-
185x10x10x10

fly machine-
120x12x12x12x12

pushups-
3 sets till failure

then i finished up with some ab work-
3 sets crunches as many in 30 seconds
same with reverse crunches

finished the workout with 35 minutes of cardio and i felt toast afterwards! but in a good way.

pounded down some torrent/iso100 combo and going to eat my first meal in 10 min

6oz salmon
1 cup oatmeal
2cups broccoli
18 almonds

lukedubas

Awards
2nd meal

6 eggs
12 almonds
2 slices whole wheat toast with natty pb

lukedubas

Awards
last meal was tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread
12 almonds
1 cup veggies

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
Looking good in here. You and I are almost identical in stats - 244.5, 6'0" 23.5%BF... Except I'm 28. Keep at it my dude! By the time you hit my age you could be like Atlas

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established

Amen brother!!!

TheB3asT

TheB3asT

Awards
I would try and avoid the peanut butter on whole wheat bread that late at night and do you feel hungry during the day? And for cardio I would say 45 minutes is the best time .

lukedubas

Awards
today was arms day with of course cardio!

is cardio 6 times a week at 35-45 minutes too much??

Standing Barbell Curls-
80x12
80x12
70x12
70x12

Preacher Curls-
75x12x12x12

Hammer Curls-
60x12x12x12

Triceps Press Down with V-Bar-
90x12x12x12

Over the Head Extensions Skull Crushers-
65x12x12x12

Dips-
3 sets 12

V-ups-
3 sets of 30 seconds

Leg Raises-
3 sets 30 seconds

normal staples

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i skimmed through diet..it looks good stick to it youll see results...its all about diet ask anyone on here

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
after all that and a couple reps is what separates us from beautiful bodybuilders to fat slob powerlifters lol

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry I am a little late here... very hectic week..

I agree with the others about increasing intensity during cardo. I need to practice this more myself.

Just keep at it bro.. you will start seeing nice results in no time with your setup.

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
That's not too much cardio as long as your strength doesn't start declining a bunch and you keep eating.

You're basically building muscle by lifting and eating and burning fat when you're keeping your heart rare elevated after your lifting.

The timing is what's most important - dont let your workouts exceed 2 hours to keep cortisol release at bay, and get plenty of sleep at night.

Your dedication is inspiring. Monsters we will be.

lukedubas

Awards
thank you all!! i have intensified cardio more!

and still have not started the at2 oep and erase stack quite yet! probably going to start that within a couple weeks