Would Erase or Free Test be sufficient for controlling cortisol?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.74%

Would Erase or Free Test be sufficient for controlling cortisol?

I am thinking in terms of PCT and avoiding having to buy a bottle of either Reduce XT or Lean Xtreme, when I can get an AI and cort blocker in one.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.38%

of the two.... my choice would lean towards Erase
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I'm not even sure there's evidence that the active lowers cortisol. In theory, it might, but I'd much rather opt for LX or Reduce XT as far as cortisol control is concerned.
    •   

4. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You might take a look at Erase Pro as well
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.74%

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    You might take a look at Erase Pro as well
    Does Erase Pro do both effectively? or are Reduce XT and LX still considered superior for cort blocking?
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Gore View Post
    Does Erase Pro do both effectively? or are Reduce XT and LX still considered superior for cort blocking?

Yes, Erase Pro has additional ingredients in it that work towards inhibiting cortisol.

I would ultimately opt for Erase to use vs LX or reduct XT for the simple fact that it provides estrogen control on top of cortisol.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  7. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

One of the cortisol controlling ingredients in Erase Pro actually showed increased performance times in the animal model compared to control, due to its cortisol controlling abilities.
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.74%

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    Yes, Erase Pro has additional ingredients in it that work towards inhibiting cortisol.

I would ultimately opt for Erase to use vs LX or reduct XT for the simple fact that it provides estrogen control on top of cortisol.
    I want to be sure that I get the best of both the AI and cort blocking, so I would be fine with buying both if that's what it has to be, but if just one product could do both well(I think this is the dilemma) obviously that would be ideal.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.74%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    One of the cortisol controlling ingredients in Erase Pro actually showed increased performance times in the animal model compared to control, due to its cortisol controlling abilities.
    Would you say it is a better cort blocker than LX or Reduce XT? Or comparable?
    Last edited by Gore; 03-13-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: My original post sounded argumentative when I reread it...oops
  10. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Would you say it is a better cort blocker than LX or Reduce XT? Or comparable?
    No idea...not enough parallel data to make a comparison
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.23%

Since they're all competitive inhibitors I feel that you're fine with just using one product vs stacking them.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.6%

I am thinking in terms of PCT and avoiding having to buy a bottle of either Reduce XT or Lean Xtreme, when I can get an AI and cort blocker in one.
    This is the Free Test Tech Write-up- it explains the MOA of the product when it comes to cortisol- it is a bit of an extrapolation to compare 7-Oxo DHEA to Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione (the main ingredient in Free Test and Erase), but due to structural similarities, it is logical that they have similar effects on inhibiting cortisol. I would also read the entire tech write-up for Free Test- it has some additional benefits in the formulation that go above and beyond other test boosters on the market- http://appnut.com/files/7713/0860/22...h_Write_Up.pdf:

Modulating glucocorticoid and cortisol: Another way FREE TEST™ preserves the anabolic environment:
    Glucocorticoids are a class of hormones that bind to the glucocorticoid receptor, and serve to prevent inflammation in the body. Cortisol is the most prevalent of the glucocorticoid hormones. It is a corticosteroid produced in the adrenal cortex of the kidney, and is used by the body as a response to stress. The release of cortisol is controlled by adreno-corticotropin-releasing hormone (45-47, 53).
    Cortisol does have some benefits; for example cortisol is necessary for obtaining an optimal response to stimulant products, along with many body processes. The main function of cortisol is to increase blood sugar, but it can also counteract several different anabolic hormones in the body, including insulin and testosterone, thus acting in a catabolic function by tearing down muscle tissue when it is present in excessive amounts (53).
    A negative Testosterone:Cortisol (T:C) ratio essentially starves muscle cells of nutrients by reducing muscle glycogen and potassium and weakening the immune system which can cause a general loss of muscle mass. A positive T:C ratio is necessary to produce an anabolic environment in the human body (53).
    7-Keto DHEA, DHEA, and most derivations of this molecule have been found in many research studies to have the ability to significantly reduce glucocorticoid levels by altering cytokine levels, as discussed earlier in this article. They also modulate the negative immune effects of glucocorticoids on skeletal muscle that occur via competition for the 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 enzyme. The finding from initial pilot studies strongly suggest that 3, 7-Keto DHEA will produce potent immuno-modulating and cortisol-lowering effects similar to or possibly even greater than those associated with 7-Keto DHEA (22-23,45-47).
    One of the aforementioned means through which 7-Keto DHEA and its metabolites serve this function is via acting on 11beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 (11beta-HSD1), which is an enzyme that converts inactive glucorticoids to active substrate. 7-Keto DHEA and its analogs have been shown to compete with inactive glucocorticoids for the 11beta-HSD1 enzyme, thus reducing the conversion of inactive glucocorticoids to their active, muscle-catabolic form via receptor site antagonism. A good example would be a reduction in the conversion of cortisone to cortisol, which is a process dependant on the 11beta-HSD1 enzyme. 7-Keto DHEA has been shown to reduce this conversion; thereby lowering cortisol levels (45-47).

Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.74%

Thanks for the responses guys!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best cortisol controlling supp for the price?
    By funkd0c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-14-2012, 09:46 AM
  2. Erase and Free Test?
    By bean5er in forum PES
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 09:42 AM
  3. DAA,Free Test,erase dosing?
    By Neddih in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 04:02 PM
  4. Extreme Stress/Controlling Cortisol Levels-Vitamin C