Optimum 100% whey - choc. mint

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
damn we need a supplement review section chemo ... anways

last cutting cycle i tried optimum's 100% whey choc. and it was okay but you grow and get used to any protein shakes taste (well, i do). well i just got chocolate mint and must say, taste damn good. if you've ever had an Andes mint... the shake taste EXACTLY like one. I hardly taste the chocolate, mainly mint .... really good.

if your one of the people who worries about taste in a shake and you like andes mints, try this one.

Another review: I got a lot of people asking me about Syntrax Straight (soposed to be 6% purer than monohydrate). It mixes better than monohydrate and 98% of the creatine mixes in water. It's tasteless and if you use monohydrate and/or have gotten good gains/pumps from creatine monohydrate, you might want to try this. Best part, its 19$ for a kilo (200 servings, 2.2lbs) which is cheaper than a kilo of monohydrate creatine and its purer. If your looking to take creatine you might want to try this as well. Note: I haven't done a cycle of it yet, just took it for 1 week given to me buy a friend. Pumps were about the same as monohydrate but this is cheaper and purer so ...

Lata fellas... and if you see chemo tell him add a supp. review section (unless im blind and didnt see it... let me know)

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Biggin says the same thing about Choc Mint. Between you two I might have to give it a go.... no supps. review section though brother...sure we need one?

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah you can certainly just post any reviews you want right in this section. Too many sections makes it a pain to try and find posts. I hate boards that split forums up into every single minor detail. Anyway syntrax has some good stuff but until i hear more reviews about the product your speaking of im going to stick to the tried and true version of creatine, call me old fashioned if you will.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Hmm...So a "YJ's Hall of Flames" wont be a good addition? :(

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
haha maybe we should substitute it with something we dont use much or can combine 2 others. but ya i tried choc. before and it was okay, like i said the taste you get used to. i was expecting this to be about the same, nothing great tasting or anything... just good to serve it point, give me protein. But damn it's pretty damn good and cheap.... biggin knows about them andes mints during bulk cycles :D

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
last cutting cycle i tried optimum's 100% whey choc. and it was okay but you grow and get used to any protein shakes taste (well, i do).
i agree. i always 3-4 types of powder on hand to change up the taste. Even muscle milk has its mediocre days after a few weeks. my thought is any flavor other than choc/van will fade into mediocrity and beyond once you get used to it....im assuming the same will happen with the choc mint. I will probably buy the 2lb to test it out however....Sage

bigbadboss101

Awards
I had chocolate mint and I loved it.  The pina colada was good for about 2 weeks and then it became so so.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
I had chocolate mint and I loved it.  The pina colada was good for about 2 weeks and then it became so so.
damn bro your brave, id never buy anything but maybe a pina colada daquari... never a protein shake. i like going to bb competitions, all the major companies are there giving away free samples of their protein shakes. its a good way to get about 250g of protein :) and save about 300$ on tasting 10 different shakes.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Bigg's Tired Choc Mint Review-
YES. It tastes like Andes mints. Good comparo. Smells fucking great as well. It's not in front of me at the moment, but I believe there's a difference of one gram more of fat or carb and one gram less of protein per scoop than reg chocolate Optimum whey, and the cholesterol is markedly higher if memory serves... Let me also say that I will not be buying any other whey supp for awhile (possibly try Pro Rated since it's so cheap, just to try it), because I have found the absolute best for me. Try it and you won't be disappointed. Full endorsement. By the way YJ and people who do not necessarily like thick shakes, from my experience this tends to be thicker, but thick consistency is a big plus with me... and thicker by comparison to reg Optimum chocolate isn't that thick anyway. Is the absolute **** on wheels (positive) with milk, and still very palatable with water (as some of you know I fucking hate **** with water). The mint quality is perfect, just enough to be a marked change from the normal chocolate and nothing so radically different as to subtract from your Optimum Whey experience.

Nelson

Agree to Disagree

I hate to spoil the party, but I didn`t find the Choc Mint very satisfying.
It smelt & looked better than it tasted.
I still prefer the Opt Strawberry.

Bone

Awards
I love Chocolate mint!!!! Its the best protien Ive ever had......... :D

Peace

Bone

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Biggin
Bigg's Tired Choc Mint Review-
YES. It tastes like Andes mints. Good comparo. Smells fucking great as well. It's not in front of me at the moment, but I believe there's a difference of one gram more of fat or carb and one gram less of protein per scoop than reg chocolate Optimum whey, and the cholesterol is markedly higher if memory serves... Let me also say that I will not be buying any other whey supp for awhile (possibly try Pro Rated since it's so cheap, just to try it), because I have found the absolute best for me. Try it and you won't be disappointed. Full endorsement. By the way YJ and people who do not necessarily like thick shakes, from my experience this tends to be thicker, but thick consistency is a big plus with me... and thicker by comparison to reg Optimum chocolate isn't that thick anyway. Is the absolute **** on wheels (positive) with milk, and still very palatable with water (as some of you know I fucking hate **** with water). The mint quality is perfect, just enough to be a marked change from the normal chocolate and nothing so radically different as to subtract from your Optimum Whey experience.
ya my choc. whey was pretty thin and runny, this is noticeably thicker and "perfect"... not so thin like choc. was but not to thick like you have to constantly add more water/milk to drink it either. thumps up for choc. mint :)

I was this close from ordering strawberry until i saw choc. mint 2lber on muscleshoppe.com (cheapest online store out there) so i decided to give it a try. My friend is getting the strawberry, ill try it when he gets it and see how it compares nelson.

Anxed

Awards
optimum's 100% is WHEY better than the competition

Im a huge fan of Optimum's protein, been taking it for about 4 years now... but that Chocolate Mint tasted like barfing up Peppermint Schnapps... but I love their other proteins...

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

muscleshoppe.com (cheapest online store out there) QUOTE]

mmm...not cheapest, but a good one. for optimum nutrition, jesupgym the best (ie 2 lb: 10.80, 5 lb: 22.99, 10 lb: 42.99) pretty good eh? Sage

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
whats that site bro, i went to jesupgym.com but it didnt work. muscleshoppe has been the cheapest ive found, they beat all prices for each supplement you order if found for cheaper (unlike bb.com only beats 1 of the supps. u buy) and shipping is only 4.50 for anything less than 100$... its free

hell if this site is cheaper, tell us bro. quit holdin back ;)

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by sage
you have it right. try it with the www
www.jesupgym.com and click on the products/supps Sage
there it is... well ill be got damned :) good prices, only downfall is that it doesn't offer many companies and products as MS and other online stores do. before i order from somewhere else, ill be sure to check and see if they everything i want to buy next time. thanks bro

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
im going to have to try that choc mint! i have the chocolate version of it now and i even LOVE that.. i cant imagine a liquified andes mint ;)..

so is this syntrax stuff still creatine? or is it like titrate?

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by LakeMountD
im going to have to try that choc mint! i have the chocolate version of it now and i even LOVE that.. i cant imagine a liquified andes mint ;)..

so is this syntrax stuff still creatine? or is it like titrate?
its still creatine, just uses a new type of bond instead of monohydrated creatine that allows it to be purer.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
yeah im definitely going to have to try that, i hate the way monohydrate collects at the bottom of everything..

institutional

Awards
ill be honest i did not like the choc. mint too much, too much after taste to me.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
huge bump for straight..f monohydrate i have zero idea why but the anohydrous worx a lot better

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
huge bump for straight..f monohydrate i have zero idea why but the anohydrous worx a lot better
damn glad to hear that... yeah monoydrate does kinda suck as far as mixing is concerned..

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
yes this mixes alot better than monohydrate and ive talked to storm (dude who runs Syntrax Innov.) and he said the next big batch of Straight will be even better and mix with VERY little not dissolving because it was kinda "trial and error" with smaller batches of creatine and experiments to get the mixture perfect and should be out on market already.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
UM RALP..STORMS A GIRL..btw i post on there under kal-el

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
damn glad to hear that.. guess ill wait to buy it then ;)

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
haha wojo, i had it as she but changed it cuz i couldnt remember if it was storm or scorch who was a girl :D regardless, i like alot of their products, some not as much as others, but overall they have good products and good research... specially with all the products they told us are coming out in the near future, cant wait!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I love Optimum Chocolate Mint!!
Strawberry was killer, as was Chocolate.
Natural Vanilla is absolutely disgusting.

ProLab Creatine dissolves completely and is tasteless (to me, anyway). If you mix it with warm water it dissolves really fast.

BigV

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by BigVrunga
I love Optimum Chocolate Mint!!
Strawberry was killer, as was Chocolate.
Natural Vanilla is absolutely disgusting.

ProLab Creatine dissolves completely and is tasteless (to me, anyway). If you mix it with warm water it dissolves really fast.

BigV
ya warm water is best for dissolving to me as well, but thing is this creatine anahydrous is 6% purer, mixes better and tasteless ... all that is great but its even cheaper than just about any kilo of monohydrate, 18-19$.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Really? Ill have to check that out...nothing beats less expensive, superior product:)