Gymnema with Refeed Meals on Keto??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Gymnema with Refeed Meals on Keto???

1. New Member

Gymnema with Refeed Meals on Keto???

Would Gymnema be a good addition to the GDAs I take now with my High-Carb meals on refeed days?

I currently take 400mcg Chromium PolyNicotinate and 20mg Vanadyl Sulfate just before all high carb meals on refeeds.

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would have to say an emphatic NO. Blocking carbohydrate absorption on the very day that you need maximum carb uptake is a poor idea.

Chromium is doing a whole lot of nothing for you anyway, and vanadyl sulfate has only been proven to work in diabetic populations (plus, it's toxic). Why not give Na-R-ALA a shot?
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    I would have to say an emphatic NO. Blocking carbohydrate absorption on the very day that you need maximum carb uptake is a poor idea.

Chromium is doing a whole lot of nothing for you anyway, and vanadyl sulfate has only been proven to work in diabetic populations (plus, it's toxic). Why not give Na-R-ALA a shot?
    Agreed. A form of Ala would be far superior.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

First of all, I'd have to suggest using nothing. I'm experienced with keto cycling and you just don't need a partitioner for refeed day. The point of the whole diet is to make your body partition better on its own.

If you have to use something, as the other posters said, something like SAN Na-R-ALA won't hurt you and could be useful if you refeed for multiple days (like BodyOpus or Ultimate Diet 2.0).

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gymnema PostWorkout???
    By KtchnChmst in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 12:15 AM
  2. question on refeed timing- Keto!
    By onemind1body in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 03:01 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM
  4. Refeed day meals...