Gymnema with Refeed Meals on Keto???

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Would Gymnema be a good addition to the GDAs I take now with my High-Carb meals on refeed days?

I currently take 400mcg Chromium PolyNicotinate and 20mg Vanadyl Sulfate just before all high carb meals on refeeds.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I would have to say an emphatic NO. Blocking carbohydrate absorption on the very day that you need maximum carb uptake is a poor idea.

Chromium is doing a whole lot of nothing for you anyway, and vanadyl sulfate has only been proven to work in diabetic populations (plus, it's toxic). Why not give Na-R-ALA a shot?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have to say an emphatic NO. Blocking carbohydrate absorption on the very day that you need maximum carb uptake is a poor idea.

Chromium is doing a whole lot of nothing for you anyway, and vanadyl sulfate has only been proven to work in diabetic populations (plus, it's toxic). Why not give Na-R-ALA a shot?
Agreed. A form of Ala would be far superior.

D3Baseball

Awards
First of all, I'd have to suggest using nothing. I'm experienced with keto cycling and you just don't need a partitioner for refeed day. The point of the whole diet is to make your body partition better on its own.

If you have to use something, as the other posters said, something like SAN Na-R-ALA won't hurt you and could be useful if you refeed for multiple days (like BodyOpus or Ultimate Diet 2.0).