BCAA only for pre/post WO or more?

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
I know BCAA intake is ideal pre/during/post but Is it beneficial to take more than that like throughout the day?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
unless you have the money for it then i wouldnt use them all day, if your using a leangains diet then you can drink them accordingly but other than that i doubt you'll notice a difference..

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Not needed, but if you're on a cut and won't be getting to food for a bit it would be a good idea to get some BCAA's in. The big thing is just making sure you're getting adequate protein in your diet. But if you want to use them throughout the day it should be fine. I usually stick with pre and during and if there's a long gap between meals

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Thanks,obviously I'm getting them with the protein shakes (Myofusion and Labrada V60) one in morning ,one post and one before bed but would I benefit from taking some mid day? I usually eat almonds or a bar at 10am, protein meal at 12 and another carb/protein ( usually Chorbani ) at 3 because I train at 4:15-4:30 and feel this is a great compliment to the Hemavol pre. I sip On Modern BCAA's throught workout.
also any thoughts on the silk Aminos ?

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
I always drink them during workout and 1 serving sometime during the day on off days.

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
on empty stomach or with food??
Well since I eat all damn day it's almost always with food. I don't know if this is the right thing to do or not. I was just saying what I do haha

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
btw you look pretty thin in your avatar for being 6 ft 235 :D

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
No don't take it the wrong way. I'm legitimately asking because on the sample of BLOX it's says to take on empty stomach.. I'm just curious if this is the ideal way. I've also read that the BCAA's help in protein synthesis and help build muscle. So my theory is if you consume more,the more they get into your muscle fibers.. ???

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
No don't take it the wrong way. I'm legitimately asking because on the sample of BLOX it's says to take on empty stomach.. I'm just curious if this is the ideal way. I've also read that the BCAA's help in protein synthesis and help build muscle. So my theory is if you consume more,the more they get into your muscle fibers.. ???
Yeah but I'm guessing there is point of 'diminishing returns'. I'm guessing once you consume so much your body will filter it out

J19891

J19891

Awards
The value of BCAA's lies mostly in taking them on an empty stomach during a cutting phase to spare muscle tissue, or right before a heavy dead/squat workout so you don't puke all over the mirrors.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not needed, but if you're on a cut and won't be getting to food for a bit it would be a good idea to get some BCAA's in. The big thing is just making sure you're getting adequate protein in your diet. But if you want to use them throughout the day it should be fine. I usually stick with pre and during and if there's a long gap between meals
This is what I do. Following this method, I obviously use more during a cut than when bulking.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
since im an amino junkie im intrigued by saa's but dont believe the hype as of yet...alot of things claim to help protein synthesis, please dont listen to everything you read on lables and "bro" science...i drink them during a bulk for recovery but just stick to pre/inta/post, look into bulk luecine also

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I also think taking in BCAA during that long gap between meals is the best option ...other than PWO of course....but I just do 10 grams leucine at a time, between lunch and dinnertime, maybe before bed, during the middle of the night piss break.....whenever you are on an empty stomach and its been 4-5 hours since you've had protein....why not, it supplements in "protein" during times you are not eating any and its the stuff your muscles like :D

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
results are best if you take the aminos on an empty stomach.
they are metabolized differently this way than with complete protein sources.

try spiking your meals 1hour before with 10g leucine whether that is bulk or in a formula. I also like them during a cut for taste and my girl has them during the day to keep her water intake higher and also to add lean muscle without having to add as many calories. :)

the 1hr rule is because leucine concentration in the blood is peak at 60min post ingestion

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me I just slam 4 grams preworkout and then 4 grams post workout to maximize the leucine spike. Always in a fasted state when I workout. After talking to Mr Cooper on this more you roughly want to consume .045 grams to .065 grams of leucine per kg of bodyweight.

BamaDog

BamaDog

Awards
results are best if you take the aminos on an empty stomach.
they are metabolized differently this way than with complete protein sources.

try spiking your meals 1hour before with 10g leucine whether that is bulk or in a formula. I also like them during a cut for taste and my girl has them during the day to keep her water intake higher and also to add lean muscle without having to add as many calories. :)

the 1hr rule is because leucine concentration in the blood is peak at 60min post ingestion
Thanks for the heads up, I will try this.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I drink straight leucine when i first wake up.. 8g of 2:1:1 immrediately pre with 1g extra leucine.. 4g 2:1:1 with 1g extra leucine intra, and the same post workout. That's pretty much all i do unless i am doing something where i am not eating for a while.

Mike