amino receptors

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

  1. I've always been taught to take aminos seperately on an empty stomach to make the most of the limited number of receptors. It makes sense that you'd want the aminos that cost so much money and serve very specific purposes to not have to compete with generic dietary protein,, or even with other supplemental aminos ..... the thing is I rarely, if ever, hear this mentioned on here .... is this not common knowledge or do people know of research indicating this isn't as important as I've been led to believe?


  2. no such thing as amino receptors.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue
    no such thing as amino receptors.
    Protein receptors are amino receptors ....

  4. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco

    Protein receptors are amino receptors ....
    Which is why taking aminos along with protein shakes is a bad idea, from what I understand

  5. No such thing...
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    Protein receptors are amino receptors ....
    No such thing as protein receptors either
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

  7. Really??? I remember reading this a long while back,,,, what am I thinking of? I remember reading to take aminos on empty stomach to prevent receptor competition?????
  8. therealest77
    therealest77's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco

    Protein receptors are amino receptors ....
    Did u day protein receptors??
  9. therealest77
    therealest77's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco

    Protein receptors are amino receptors ....
    Correction; did u say "protein receptors"?

  10. If you want to be technical all receptors and enzymes are polypedptides so they are "protein receptors" and ligand binding occurs between amino acid residues of the ligand and receptor... although I doubt that's what he means lol

  11. Maybe the term receptor isn't correct,,, but surely there are transports that carry the proteins and/or aminos through the cellular walls... forgive my lack of terminology,, but I believe the concept is the same

  12. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco
    Maybe the term receptor isn't correct,,, but surely there are transports that carry the proteins and/or aminos through the cellular walls... forgive my lack of terminology,, but I believe the concept is the same
    Try not to attack my lack of actual biochemistry knowledge,,, but aren't you supposed to take aminos on an empty stomach,,, and if so, why is that!?

  13. It is my understanding that bcaa's are the only aminos that need to be taken with food,,, something about needing insulin,,, all other aminos should be taken alone on empty stomachs,,, which goes against the marketing and packaging of most every supp company's "amino complexes"........ if this is true,, I can certainly understand why supp companies and their reps would want to argue this

  14. Bump for some real conversation regarding the need to take aminos on an empty stomach,,,, for the record,, I totally disagree with those of you that said there are not amino acid receptors,,, there are entire studies and books written about them

  15. there's no need to take them on an empty stomach.
    there's no need to take them.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by 3utcher
    there's no need to take them on an empty stomach.
    there's no need to take them.
    Do your research,,, aminos aren't for people that need them,, but for people that want more!!

  17. so you negged me because you still think that taking FF aminos is better than protein ?

    lolwtfbbq

  18. Quote Originally Posted by 3utcher
    so you negged me because you still think that taking FF aminos is better than protein ?

    lolwtfbbq
    First of all,, nowhere in this very short thread did I mention anything about aminos being "better"

    Second of all I negged you for attempting to disrupt the purpose of my thread by interjecting an "opinion," not based on facts, about something that had nothing to do with the proposed question!!
  19. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    Bump for some real conversation regarding the need to take aminos on an empty stomach,,,, for the record,, I totally disagree with those of you that said there are not amino acid receptors,,, there are entire studies and books written about them

    Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    Do your research,,, aminos aren't for people that need them,, but for people that want more!!
    Until now all you have done is regurgitate something you think you recall you think you read or someone told you.

    Walk the talk - where is your research to back this up with the "entire studies and books written about them?" Right now all you have brought is your opinion as well.
    Life is a terminal condition.

    She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn

    Until now all you have done is regurgitate something you think you recall you think you read or someone told you.

    Walk the talk - where is your research to back this up with the "entire studies and books written about them?" Right now all you have brought is your opinion as well.
    I don't know much about amino acid receptors,, which is why I proposed this thread... but I do know they exist ...
    http://m.pnas.org/content/90/20/9576.short

  21. "Amino Acid Receptor Research"
    By Benjamin F. Paley

  22. All these articles mention taking on an empty stomach to prevent competition.... I want to know more about this.... not looking to pick some sort of retarded online fight with people ... lmao!!
  23. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    It appears that this receptor you are talking about is post first pass through the liver and has absolutely nothing to do with how you take them - empty stomach or not - as they don't compete for absoption in your digestion aside from the fact that BCAA are predigested and are absorbed without having to go through the digestion process that protein powders or whole foods do. The receptor issue is a physiological and nuerological issue and not dependent upon the timing or state of your stomach at the time of consumption but rather what happens with them after first pass liver processing.

    Based on my cursory review of some of that literature it is JMHO
    Life is a terminal condition.

    She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    It appears that this receptor you are talking about is post first pass through the liver and has absolutely nothing to do with how you take them - empty stomach or not - as they don't compete for absoption in your digestion aside from the fact that BCAA are predigested and are absorbed without having to go through the digestion process that protein powders or whole foods do. The receptor issue is a physiological and nuerological isse and not dependent upon the timing or state of your stomach at the time of consumption but rather what happens with them after first pass liver processing.

    Based on my cursory review of some of that literature it is JMHO
    For argument sake,, why does my glutamine and arginine both say to take on an empty stomach

  25. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    For argument sake,, why does my glutamine and arginine both say to take on an empty stomach
    He is saying the "receptor" issue has to do with the aminos AFTER they enter the body. What you are talking about is competition for entry through the intestinal lining BEFORE the aminos enter the body.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

    He is saying the "receptor" issue has to do with the aminos AFTER they enter the body. What you are talking about is competition for entry through the intestinal lining BEFORE the aminos enter the body.
    I'm talking about wanting to get the most bang for my buck .... lol... like I said,, if I already knew all about receptors, why would I post a log asking about them? Haha!?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. For Sale: WTS - Dymatize - Advanced Amino (Amino Acids)
    By hardknock in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 02:05 AM
  2. cytomel and receptors
    By tsantsa in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 05:43 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 07:34 AM
  4. For Sale: Wanted to buy or trade Amino's (Amino Acids)
    By Kristofer68SS in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 05:57 PM
  5. Androgen Receptors
    By Buffgammaman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Log in
Log in