amino receptors

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Well that's why then. I did princeton review also lol..but it looks o so similar to a nutrition book of mine..

Ahh nice. I found EK to be far superior...that's the other book I was looking for but I don't have it here.

2. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    I never worried about NO with arginine,,, I was under the impression if taken at very high doses in a 2:1 ratio with ornithine it will stimulate gh release
    It MAY do so but it is not worth it at all. Other things can stimulate GH release without the hassle...not that either will have tangible benefits for body composition. Also keep in mind that arginine attenuates the GH response to exercise.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

It MAY do so but it is not worth it at all. Other things can stimulate GH release without the hassle...not that either will have tangible benefits for body composition. Also keep in mind that arginine attenuates the GH response to exercise.
    Thanks again Cooper ... can always count on your expertise,,, out of curiosity,, other than peptides, what else releases gh?

4. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    Thanks again Cooper ... can always count on your expertise,,, out of curiosity,, other than peptides, what else releases gh?
    Alpha GPC, L-DOPA (pre-bed), and generally anything that induces deeper sleep.

5. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Alpha GPC, L-DOPA (pre-bed), and generally anything that induces deeper sleep.
    What about GABA? I sleep great on it
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    What about GABA? I sleep great on it
    GABA too. I've never been big on it. I've seen studies showing a very high, very transient increase in GH, but if it helps you sleep deeper, no reason not to use it anyway.

7. I don't think I've ever read that BCAA should be taken on an empty stomach. If anything I've read to dose them 45min post meal to elevate the uptake of nutrients. I think the empty stomach thing might be a misunderstanding do to the fact that many (currently myself included) dose them mid day on a semi empty stomach to keep protein intake elevated while reducing calories consumed. Its also been mentioned to dose them pre cardio if your doing so in a fasted state.

If I'm not mistaken Lucine on its own can trigger a bit of insulin release. Please correct me if I'm wrong on all fronts.

Great thread BTW.

8. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    I don't think I've ever read that BCAA should be taken on an empty stomach. If anything I've read to dose them 45min post meal to elevate the uptake of nutrients. I think the empty stomach thing might be a misunderstanding do to the fact that many (currently myself included) dose them mid day on a semi empty stomach to keep protein intake elevated while reducing calories consumed. Its also been mentioned to dose them pre cardio if your doing so in a fasted state.

If I'm not mistaken Lucine on its own can trigger a bit of insulin release. Please correct me if I'm wrong on all fronts.

Great thread BTW.
    Earlier in the thread I mentioned that bcaa's needed insulin for absorption,,,, I was talking about individual ff aminos,,, not bcaa's

9. Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco

Earlier in the thread I mentioned that bcaa's needed insulin for absorption,,,, I was talking about individual ff aminos,,, not bcaa's
    Bcaa's behave a bit differently from some of what I've read,,, but I have A LOT more reading to do

10. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    I don't think I've ever read that BCAA should be taken on an empty stomach. If anything I've read to dose them 45min post meal to elevate the uptake of nutrients. I think the empty stomach thing might be a misunderstanding do to the fact that many (currently myself included) dose them mid day on a semi empty stomach to keep protein intake elevated while reducing calories consumed. Its also been mentioned to dose them pre cardio if your doing so in a fasted state.

Great thread BTW.
    This is false. Spiking MPS while food is still being digested (and absorbed to a mild degree) is redundant. The best time to take your BCAAs would be 2 or more hours postprandially. Correct on the leucine.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. For Sale: WTS - Dymatize - Advanced Amino (Amino Acids)
    By hardknock in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 03:05 AM
  2. cytomel and receptors
    By tsantsa in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 06:43 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 08:34 AM
  4. For Sale: Wanted to buy or trade Amino's (Amino Acids)
    By Kristofer68SS in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 06:57 PM
  5. Androgen Receptors
    By Buffgammaman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 07:58 PM