DMAA banned in New Zealand

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Came across this today on the web. Sorry if it is already known! I'm not allowed to post links, but found the news story on msn dot com dot nz. I believe NZ has had a death related to DMAA where it is known as a "party drug"

A popular ingredient in party pills and some weight loss and sports performance supplements has been banned in New Zealand.
Suppliers will have till April 9 to take the substance commonly known as DMAA (1,3-dimethylamylamine) off their shelves after a Temporary Class Drug Notice was placed on it.

Associate Health Minister Peter Dunne said DMAA has been linked to increased blood pressure, headaches, vomiting and stroke.

DMAA is the first substance other than a synthetic cannabinoid to be banned using the temporary notices.

“I think this decision demonstrates the wider use of Temporary Class Drug Notices to protect the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders," Dunne told TVNZ.

"It is not just about party pills and synthetic cannabis." Dunne said Temporary Class Drug Notices are a holding measure until permanent legislation is progressed this year that will see products having to meet suitable levels of safety before they can be sold in New Zealand.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
I watched the Nat Geo show Drugs Inc. "Synthetics" it was all about the Party Pills, Bath Salts, and Spice. Basically the way that they are working the system even though these "drugs" are getting banned is they just make it a different way. For every one they ban, there are 3 new compounds synthesized already ready to be packaged up and on the go. The only thing I had tried is the Spice type products which worked well, but I have to say that they are completely different than the real thing. Yeah it gets you high, but the effects these compounds have on your brain are so different. Just legalize the good stuff and be done with this lab rat ****...in terms of rats and this forum :p