Vinegar vs Cinnamon vs GDA's

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I have been taking 2 tablespoons of APPLE CIDAR VINIGAR twice a day for the past few months with good success..Dump it in about 6 ozs of water ang chug. Be aware that since it is an acid , its hard on the enamel of the teeth, so drink it down fast and rinse your mouth . As mentioned above, due to the taste, its not for everybody.

2. Please elaborate - what have you observed effects wise.

Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    I have been taking 2 tablespoons of APPLE CIDAR VINIGAR twice a day for the past few months with good success..
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
    •   

3. Prior to taking vinigar I had been a little off on my diet. Although I had been training a fair amount for my age, my blood sugar was higher than usual and my weight was about 210. The vinigar coupled with an improvement in diet droped my A1C seven tenths of a point and bodyweight down to 190. Please note that blood sugar has been a concern for a number of years. I am 66 years old and my goal is good health and to be able to train until the day I die. Although I am not a big time lifter like some of you guys, I love my gym time. I hope this helps.

4. Thanks for the information Patm. Glad to hear you benefitted

Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    Prior to taking vinigar I had been a little off on my diet. Although I had been training a fair amount for my age, my blood sugar was higher than usual and my weight was about 210. The vinigar coupled with an improvement in diet droped my A1C seven tenths of a point and bodyweight down to 190. Please note that blood sugar has been a concern for a number of years. I am 66 years old and my goal is good health and to be able to train until the day I die. Although I am not a big time lifter like some of you guys, I love my gym time. I hope this helps.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

5. Straight from the tap. Bottoms up with the acv
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.
    •   

6. Acetic acid is a liquid at room temp. (melts at 60F)

It's pretty damn easy to purify acetic acid to 100% purity. Don't drink glacial acetic acid.

The issue with acids is not the acid, it's the concentration. At strong concetrations, it will be corrosive to your esophagus.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    According to this study, it takes a whopping 9 capsules of powdered vinegar to equal the acetatic acid in 100 ml of vinegar (both yielding 750 mg Acetic Acid)

http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/...6_266/_article

100 ml = 6.8 Tablespoons = 750 Acetic Acid
    2 Tablespoons (traditional dosing) = 34 ml = 255 Mg Acetic Acid

Now Brand Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules are 450 mg EACH so approximatetly 1.8x (almost twice) the "standard" dose (of 2 Tbls)

One issue that remains is the "dose of 2 tablespoons". There is little if any science supporting this particular amount as efficasious (or safe).

Also, when you say "You don't really want to take too concentrated as it will wreak havoc on your insides", would you mind substantiating that comment? The only downside I have come across was the acid potentially eroding the enamel of your teeth and hence the advice to use capsules or throw down shot style (no swishing in the mouth). Also, as noted in the equation above, one could conclude that it makes MORE sense to use the LESS concentrated apple cider vinegar since such a little amount (caps or liquid) already provide plenty of acetic acid.

Interesting. Thanks for shedding some insight on this dosing caveat.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. White Vinegar/Apple Cider Vinegar? Confused.
    By jshin in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 03:26 PM
  2. Oil and Vinegar?
    By massarmor in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 11:19 AM
  3. Black Vinegar
    By oswizzle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 01:45 PM
  4. Vinegar