Beta Glucan for stretch marks....

Manwhore

Awards
Anyone use this stuff? I remember seeing this talked about on Animals board many year ago. Animal said they used to put it in Preperation H but took it out because pressure from cosmetic companies. 1 guy said H used to be great for his stretch marks but didn't know why it wasn't working anymore. Well,now he knows why. My wife has some stretch marks from the birth of my son and i even told her before she even got pregnant that i would look into this stuff some more for her. It's supposed to regenerate skin cells. Any info? thanks

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hmm also interested in this. I have two big stretch marks about a inch long each on my left shoulder where pec meets the bicep, and one just starting on my right arm :/.

Physicist

Awards
I don't know anything about beta glucon. But my workplace loves hiring pregnant girls, and a couple of them swear by Palmer's Cocoa Butter for thier stretch marks.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah, that's what all the girls say :). But I doubt they really know about any better alternatives. I for one have never heard of beta glucan...

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I'm no biologist, so please accept a few comments from a layman's experience. At soon 63, I pay as much attention to life extension and health properties as I do to my musclebuilding. I have used Beta Glucan for over two years religeously twice a day taking 200mgs each. The reports that convinced me were primarily centered on immune system enhancement and cholestherol lowering. There are among the 1000 plus studies a lot of references to its use orally and often as a cream to enhance skin properties. It seems to be based around potentiating the macrophage system. I can not single out its results for me because I use several other anti-oxidents. The following is asimple excerpt from just one manufacturer's site which may be helpful to your question.

"A concentrate specifically designed for spot treatment of fine lines and wrinkles. Unique to Super Skin Serum is the healing power of beta glucan, a complex carbohydrate. Oat beta glucan, found in the bran part of the oat, stimulates renewal of skin cells and is used by burn surgeons worldwide to treat burn victims. The ingredient beta glucan makes Super Skin Serum an ideal treatment for scarring and burns."

Admittedly, this could be self-serving sales blah blah but there is too much research around that supports it. I continue to take Beta Glucan simply because it works for me in my supplement context.

Last edited:

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
bump. I also need a stretch mark reducer for the pec delt area.

Manwhore

Awards
I'm no biologist, so please accept a few comments from a layman's experience. At soon 63, I pay as much attention to life extension and health properties as I do to my musclebuilding. I have used Beta Glucan for over two years religeously twice a day taking 200mgs each. The reports that convinced me were primarily centered on immune system enhancement and cholestherol lowering. There are among the 1000 plus studies a lot of references to its use orally and often as a cream to enhance skin properties. It seems to be based around potentiating the macrophage system. I can not single out its results for me because I use several other anti-oxidents. The following is asimple excerpt from just one manufacturer's site which may be helpful to your question.

"A concentrate specifically designed for spot treatment of fine lines and wrinkles. Unique to Super Skin Serum is the healing power of beta glucan, a complex carbohydrate. Oat beta glucan, found in the bran part of the oat, stimulates renewal of skin cells and is used by burn surgeons worldwide to treat burn victims. The ingredient beta glucan makes Super Skin Serum an ideal treatment for scarring and burns."

Admittedly, this could be self-serving sales blah blah but there is too much research around that supports it. I continue to take Beta Glucan simply because it works for me in my supplement context.
Thanks bro. Well,i am going to get some for her and i'll let you know how it works... By the way,she's been using that cocoa butter stuff and she just rolled her eyes when i mentioned it :)