Painkillers

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I hurt my shoulder few weeks ago - due to my stupidity -
overloading a DB press set and of course I'm not waiting it
to get better or anything, I kept working out.
Is nothing major, but it hurts enough to hold me back a bit
on some exercise.

Now I don't do painkillers because I read they reduce inflammation
and well, we need inflammation for muscle growth,
do you guys use them? If so, there's any painkiller that will help
with the pain/recovery without affecting results?
And also, how much a painkiller will cancel the work done in the gym?
negligible?

icecold9487

Awards
i use cissus quadrangularis for my shoulder pain.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people like cissus. It's also said to lower cortisol so it may actually help your lifting. I've also heard agmatine can help but I havnt had any injuries lately to test that.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
I hurt my shoulder few weeks ago - due to my stupidity -
overloading a DB press set and of course I'm not waiting it
to get better or anything, I kept working out.
Is nothing major, but it hurts enough to hold me back a bit
on some exercise.

Now I don't do painkillers because I read they reduce inflammation
and well, we need inflammation for muscle growth,
do you guys use them? If so, there's any painkiller that will help
with the pain/recovery without affecting results?
And also, how much a painkiller will cancel the work done in the gym?
negligible?[/QUOTE I am in the middle of an inflam. war with my costochondritis and my foot. I am curious to these questions as well haha.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
^^^Wow I messed that post above pretty well huh? Sloppy form...sloppy form. Fail.^^^

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
A lot of people like cissus. It's also said to lower cortisol so it may actually help your lifting. I've also heard agmatine can help but I havnt had any injuries lately to test that.
I didn't think about cissus, need to get a hold of it. I think I read in high doses should also have some sort
of anabolic effect? or was it a raise in test level.. don't remember.

As for agmatine, contrary to most people, my experience with agmatine is disastrous.
Not only I don't get anything good out of it, but the sh#t literally puts me to sleep.

Plus, it lowers the pain threshold which is not nice, and even worse it could actually
halt or slow down fat loss.

So for me agmatine is a no-no. I still have 45gr of it here that someday i will decide to toss (if i can't sell it to
somone..)

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
When I was hooked on opiates was the skinniest I've been (6'0" ~145lbs)...they kill my appetite. I don't think painkillers are necessarily good in any way unless you just can't handle the pain. If it dulls the pain you're more prone to putting your shoulder in positions that halt the healing process. Good luck with it man, I"m just coming over a neck injury and it sucks.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
When I was hooked on opiates was the skinniest I've been (6'0" ~145lbs)...they kill my appetite. I don't think painkillers are necessarily good in any way unless you just can't handle the pain. If it dulls the pain you're more prone to putting your shoulder in positions that halt the healing process. Good luck with it man, I"m just coming over a neck injury and it sucks.

Nah, the pain is nothing major like I said, but it holds me back on like my heaviest set on some exercise and
it pisses me off, but I'm not after anaesthetic, yes that'd be extremely dangerous, I just want to speed up
the healing, lower inflammation, i just wonder how much that would affect the one occurring in the muscles
due to the workout (which we want instead..)

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards

nergy

Awards
Isn't fish oil an anti-inflammatory ?
Well maybe I shouldn't have comment because after reading it another time, it has nothing to do with it.
sorry :)

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Isn't fish oil an anti-inflammatory ?
Well maybe I shouldn't have comment because after reading it another time, it has nothing to do with it.
sorry :)
Yes it is an anti-inflammatory.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally I think it's a little over hyped. Taking NSAIDs for a few days, maybe a week or two to help heal an injury or workout injured and not lift to your potential. I would just take the NSAID. It's not like you are going to lose all of your gains.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Personally I think it's a little over hyped. Taking NSAIDs for a few days, maybe a week or two to help heal an injury or workout injured and not lift to your potential. I would just take the NSAID. It's not like you are going to lose all of your gains.
I had the same thought, but yeah, not based on actual knowledge, so I asked :D