Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil - AnabolicMinds.com

Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil

I just purchased some of this stuff and I'm trying it out tonight. It came in a huge jug. I'm gonna have to go out and get a spray bottle or something. Just opened it up and poured some in my hands and rubbed on. Anyone else use this?. Not sure how well my hairy ass body will absorb it.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

I've heard about it on SHR and always wondered if it was worth the money.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I put it on the top of my feet when I ran it. Mike Mahler also suggest to do the same. He advocates it use pretty heavily and has his own bloods online.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It is hard to figure out how much to use exactly because it doesn't come with any type of measurement device.
  5. Diamond Member

Just found the application guide online. Should be very useful.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    It is hard to figure out how much to use exactly because it doesn't come with any type of measurement device.
    I think it was a lot of sprays. Like 12-14? But I only used like 4-6. 2-3 per foot. I will start using it again when spring hits.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  7. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I think it was a lot of sprays. Like 12-14? But I only used like 4-6. 2-3 per foot. I will start using it again when spring hits.
    I didn't get the spray bottle. I got the 64 oz jug. Figured it was more economical.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone

I didn't get the spray bottle. I got the 64 oz jug. Figured it was more economical.
    Hmm. I'm stumped.

Let's see what others have to say lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

why tops of feet?
  10. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Hmm. I'm stumped.

Let's see what others have to say lol.

I found the application guide at the ancient minerals site. It doesn't say how much is in a teaspoon for the oil but I'll email them and ask. Either that or I will go to the dollar store and see if they sell empty spray bottles and pour some in there. Not sure about that either though because with a bottle like that you are not going to get a metered spray like with the bottle that would come with the smaller size version.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Read about this stuff. Interested to see how u like it. Considering trying this one
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Used it for months
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  13. Diamond Member

Hey guys I found this on the bottle last night,

"3g elemental magnesium per fl.oz/30mL."

Missed that last night, must have been tired. So 1500 mg per Tablespoon.

I did sleep very deeply last night. Felt good when I woke up. Think I'll start with about 3 Tablespoons or 4.5 grams.
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    why tops of feet?
    your skin is very thin there, and blood vessels are close to the surface.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This is a staple for me
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.

what is this stuff supposed to do?
  17. Diamond Member

I have been getting great sleep these past two days. It doesn't knock me out but when I sleep I sleep deep and straight through. Last night I tried 3 Tablespoons worth. I poured out each TBSP into a measuring cup. Then I poured a little out in my hand each application. It was a little too much I ended up pouring some back into the bottle. Certain areas of the skin burn from this product. It is very oily. When it drys it leaves an annoying white residue which I'm guessing is the magnesium. Its kind of ridiculous, when its dry I look like I've rolled around in flour or something. So far I think it is worth the hassle though because of the great sleep I'm getting. Hopefully this continues.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

I tried some other cheap version a while back. It came in a sprayer and i rubbed it all over my upper body. I really couldnt tell if it was working or not and stopped using it, but my jew senses tell me that i need to bust it back out and use it...

I just wasnt completely convinced it was going through the skin, but i guess its the same concept as the epsom salt baths. So if one works so should the other.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  19. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    I tried some other cheap version a while back. It came in a sprayer and i rubbed it all over my upper body. I really couldnt tell if it was working or not and stopped using it, but my jew senses tell me that i need to bust it back out and use it...

I just wasnt completely convinced it was going through the skin, but i guess its the same concept as the epsom salt baths. So if one works so should the other.

This version is supposedly the best. My first night I had great sleep. Last night(my second night) I had great sleep as well. So far I think it is working. If you rubbed that much on and didn't notice anything I don't think it was working for you.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

is this stuff better than the Swanson brand, which goes for about 1/3 the price?
  21. Elite Member

Same as Swanson, I have used both, Swanson's is much cheaper LOL. Stuff is legit.
    doing my own thang!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Are we just talking about a magnesium supplement that gets absorbed transdermally?

For me, I always just get magnesium citrate as local grocery store (it's next to the stool laxatives). In the bottle, there is around 14g magnesium citrate for 1$. As long as you know how to measure out your portions you will be fine, but if you don't... Gonna be on the toilet for a while.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Anything that improves sleep - SUB'd!

Keep us posted T-BONE
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  24. New Member

I've been interested in this for a while now but I'm skeptical don't know it will work with ZMA at night and Epson salts baths 1 - 2 times a week. That's a lot of Magnesium, guess I have to do the research.
    Xtreme Formulations Forum Rep www.xfmuscle.com
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Been curious about this as well. Currently using Ionic Magnesium Fizz which is mostly mag carbonate. Seems to work quite well for me..sleep, muscle tightness, and relaxation all improved.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeMMA View Post
    I've been interested in this for a while now but I'm skeptical don't know it will work with ZMA at night and Epson salts baths 1 - 2 times a week. That's a lot of Magnesium, guess I have to do the research.
    The cool think about topical magnesium is that your skin will only absorb as much magnesium as your body will allow.
  27. Diamond Member

I used way too much last night. The stuff drys up and turns into this white chalk like substance. No fun. Didn't get very good sleep last night at all. I'll start using less and email the company to see if they can ship me an empty spray bottle.
  28. New Member

I used the spray on magnesium oil for a couple months. I did not experience any benefits for sleep or whatever else it's supposed to help with.

Also read that you'd have to practically soak in a bath of magnesium oil to get the amount absorbed that the makers of the oil claim. Some chemistry forum. Supposedly it's much harder to absorb the magnesium molecule transdermally due to the size of the molecule?

I recall reading that if our skin absorbed minerals that easily we would die from absorbing toxic levels of minerals everytime we went swimming, etc.

Something to at least read up on if you're wondering about the claims that transdermal is superior.
  29. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I did a three month run of transedermal mag and noticed nothing at all :/
    but! my test level is/was so low that it probably canceled out any possible benefit, so..
    yeah as usual I don't count, Ima freak lol
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

If you are severely deficient in magnesium it could take months for your body to reach the point where its no longer deficient
  31. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    If you are severely deficient in magnesium it could take months for your body to reach the point where its no longer deficient
    Yeah but after my blood results I thought
    was a better idea to get the test level back at least to normal (lol i have 0.56 on a 3 to 8 range, where 3 is a 80yo man..)
    and then give it a try again.
    Altho', i have to say I kinda hate transderm
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was curious if this would help out with my newly acquired and horrible case of tennis elbow. Any thoughts? I know magnesium in general is good for tendonitis, muscle problems, etc and I ran into this stuff while doing some research online.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I use Natural Calm before bed for the past 3 weeks and it has helped alot with sleep apnea and just getting an overall good nights sleep. I wake up without a headache and actually feel like getting out of bed.....

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Been curious about this as well. Currently using Ionic Magnesium Fizz which is mostly mag carbonate. Seems to work quite well for me..sleep, muscle tightness, and relaxation all improved.
  34. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    The cool think about topical magnesium is that your skin will only absorb as much magnesium as your body will allow.
    Wasn't aware of that, thanks
    Xtreme Formulations Forum Rep www.xfmuscle.com
  35. Diamond Member

You only have to leave the product on for 20 minutes. After that you are suppose to shower or rinse off the residue. It does help me feel calm, but not enough to induce sleep. At first it made me feel sleepy but not anymore. I can still feel the calmness though. It is a pain in the butt though applying it and then sitting around in your drawers waiting 20 minutes for it to dry. You can't sit back on anything because then you will get it all over your furniture. You have to sit straight up and not lean back or relax for 20 minutes. Then you have to go take a shower and if you already took one that day then you are just gonna waste a new pair of clothes. Not to mention if you take more than one shower a day you can really dry out your skin. Maybe I will start putting this on during the day instead but that doesn't make much sense for the calming sensation it provides. It does seem to help minimize painful joints. I rub it on my knees and when I happen to have pain in one of them the pain dissipates somewhat.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Thanks for the candid feedback
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  37. Diamond Member

I haven't put it on in 2 days. It is really a big pain.
  38. Elite Member

For me it isn't. Also I do not take it off, just stand by a fan and it will dry in 5 minutes. Also rub it don't just spray, you rub it and massage into your skin.
    doing my own thang!
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Just make sure you dont get it in your cuts! I put it on after shaving one day and it was the worst stinging pain ever.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I leave mine on over night....

Similar Forum Threads

1. Brutal Alchemy Ancient Strength?
    By MacWanted in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 08:36 PM
  2. Ancient romans were geeks & nerds!
    By Nightwanderer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
  3. Ancient Exercise myth debunked....
    By Alpine in forum Exercise Science