Should I take Glutamine Supplements?

1. Should I take Glutamine Supplements?

Hello all,

Is Glutamine supplements worth it?

2. I use it. I think I recover better with it. I use about 10 grams in my post-workout shake.

3. I use it also PWO with BCAA, but the new fangled scientific guys poo-poo it....
    •   

4. It is worthless for bodybuilding purposes.

5. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    It is worthless for bodybuilding purposes.
    Could u elaborate

6. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Could u elaborate
    I usually don't mind elaborating but the evidence against glutamine's [purported] effects on bodybuilding is so overwhelming that I encourage you to conduct your own quick research .

I'll point you in the right direction though:

-Effect of glutamine supplementation combined with resistance training in young adults.

-Glutamine: the nonessential amino acid for performance enhancement.

-Addition of glutamine to essential amino acids and carbohydrate does not enhance anabolism in young human males following exercise.

-The effects of high-dose glutamine ingestion on weightlifting performance.

-Facts and fallacies of purported ergogenic amino acid supplements

-Exercise-induced immunodepression- plasma glutamine is not the link.

-Glutamine supplementation did not benefit athletes during short-term weight reduction

^^All titles of peer-reviewed, methodologically sound/relevant studies for your viewing pleasure.

7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I usually don't mind elaborating but the evidence against glutamine's [purported] effects on bodybuilding is so overwhelming that I encourage you to conduct your own quick research .
    BOOOOOOOO! HISSSSSS!.....elaborate!!!! lol

8. Cliffs: glutamine wont help you with recovery unless you are a marathon runner or extreme endurance athlete or burn victim.

Glutamine may help with immune system, GI benefits.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    I use it also PWO with BCAA, but the new fangled scientific guys poo-poo it....
    you have already bcaa..... bcaa is a nitrogen source for glutamine synthesis in muscle....

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ligmenos

you have already bcaa..... bcaa is a nitrogen source for glutamine synthesis in muscle....
    So then should I take bcaas??

11. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    No. Consuming any reasonable amount of protein via diet is enough for glutamine synthesis to occur.

12. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    if you have enough protein around work out i dont think its necessary to use bcaa..... but if you have the money add them....

just dont use glutammine....worthless like mr.cooper said above...

edit: @mr.cooper.... you are faster...

13. I haven't taken Glutamine sine the 90's. You think it could help with IBS symptoms?.

14. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I haven't taken Glutamine sine the 90's. You think it could help with IBS symptoms?.
    i think its only a theory that can help with IBS.... but i'm not sure.... better wit for respond from one more expert than me...

15. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I haven't taken Glutamine sine the 90's. You think it could help with IBS symptoms?.
    I just started juicing once a day I highly recommend it. Your problems will be solve

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 02:09 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 11:17 AM
  3. Glutamine
    By Graham in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 02:03 PM
  4. n-acetyl-l-glutamine vs. glutamine peptides
    By biggun2181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4