Mass building without PH's
- 02-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Mass building without PH's
Ok so I have a buddy that just turned 19 and he's always buggin me on this and that (seems like everyone has that one friend). For the most part though he just wants to put on mass. Just thinking the past few days I'm not sure what would work best. I was thinking maybe a nice 8 week cycle of...
4/day for 8 weeks
4/day for 4 weeks
1 EOD for 8 weeks
Or maybe +DI ?
What do you guys think?
- 02-16-2012, 12:29 PM
- 02-16-2012, 12:35 PM
02-16-2012, 12:35 PM
At that age big no no tell him there is a app for cal counting it very good down load it. And it will help out alot easy to use. But bottom line hes just not eating enough mate
02-16-2012, 12:37 PM
02-16-2012, 12:40 PM
eatting good is one thing, but is he eating enough to be at a caloric surplus? you can eat chicken brocoli, and brown rice for every meal, but if you need you eat 3000 calories to gain mass and you are only hitting 2k or 2.5 you will be spinning your wheels.
02-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Looks good but. I bet he dont eat as much as u think Im eating 3900 cals at the mo and in healthy food is a hell of a lot. Just stat and a bit more every time u eat to stretch the stomach. Wht before u know it you will be hungry all the time. Its hard work but stick at it. Or loads of mc Donalds lol.
02-16-2012, 12:43 PM
I would jump in here and just say eat eat eat but I know at 19 I wouldn't listen and would buy supps anyway.
So I would tell him
Creatine mono or I like ancient strength from **** on workout days and bulk mono on off days
Beta alanine I'm taking sns caps right now and having great results
Aminos I use gear from **** the addition of super plasma protein makes a big difference
And a solid preworkout. I really enjoy maxamize v2 but will be logging the new maxamize intense so I will let you know how that is.
On top of all this tell you friend calories are going to make a big difference and if he is a hard gainer the. Pick up some bulk carbs to add to all his protein shakes.
02-16-2012, 12:44 PM
02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
02-16-2012, 12:52 PM
02-16-2012, 12:52 PM
02-16-2012, 12:56 PM
02-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Hahah I was doing that. Vaughn said mine went out yesterday so I'm pretty sure I'll get it tomorrow since I'm in so cal and so is iforceOriginally Posted by ISU152
02-16-2012, 01:00 PM
02-16-2012, 01:40 PM
02-16-2012, 02:02 PM
02-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Instead of jumping into a bottle and throwin the Camaro fund out the window in lieu of some get-me-bigga pills, here's my suggestions:
1. Eat ... smarter. If he's eating quality food and in a caloric excess, then think about timing. WHEN is he eating those meals? Is he eating on a schedule? Is he eating for energy pre-w/o? Is he eating to RECOVER??? You have to fuel the fire, but to me, the most important fueling is done AFTER the gym, when the muscles are in dire need of repair.
2. Modify the workout plan, over and over again. So what if he's not doing the same as you? That might be a good thing, for both of you! Push hard, up the weights, break from what you've been doing. If he hasn't had a routine change in 4-6 weeks, NOW IS THE TIME!! Shock those muscles into new growth. Keep them guessing. And do it over and over and over again! If the program that worked for you 3 months ago is what you're using right now, I can guarantee it's not working anymore. You have GOT to keep it fresh. You want your body to change? Change what you do to it. Plain and simple.
3. Sleep. Rest. Take a nap. Whatever. Too many people ignore the rest aspect of training. This is when you grow. It's not just about sitting down to watch the tv and your biceps get heyoogeness after the gym, it's about sleeping and total rest. Ask any "stage walker" about their serious training time and I bet a lot of them will tell you that they take a nap during the day, if not two naps!
4. Nobody mentioned cardio here, so I will. When is he doing cardio? Is he doing any? What are the number of reps that you are doing? If you're looking to gain in size, doing a ton of cardio at bad times is counterintuitive. Do fasted cardio first thing in the morning, or do about 20 minutes after a good heavy lift. Otherwise, catabolism, baby! You'll be wasting away your gains by running/jogging/whatever-ing them off. Limit cardio, and if ya don't necessarily need it, I say skip it! Also, watch the time in the gym. Overtraining is also a huge killer for maximum gains. Limit your time in there. Get in, get work done, get out. Don't work everything for 5 sets in a single day. Go in and do back one day, 5-6 exercises, 3-4 HEAVY sets each, and GTFO!!! Go home, eat, sleep.
Hope that helped.
-RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
-Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
02-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Is this really your "friend"?. Just suspicious because I see a lot of threads about how a guys needs advice for his "friend"....
02-16-2012, 02:33 PM
creatine and beta-alanine should be a staple after that maybe try the test factor and X-factor advanced cycle i just read a recent study proving ara safety so that shouldn't be a concern.
02-16-2012, 04:55 PM
02-16-2012, 11:31 PM
02-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Anabeta with prime and creatine. But don't run prime at 4 caps a day. Pointless. 69 protocol
Iron Forged Nutrition Rep
use code "R1balla" to receive a discount
02-17-2012, 03:32 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Rob.C in forum BulkingReplies: 8Last Post: 02-09-2012, 08:10 AM
- By BoSox 04 in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-30-2010, 09:30 PM
- By BoSox 04 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 09-30-2010, 03:03 AM
- By psycho in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 11-30-2007, 08:52 PM